Unclear Description: Schrodingers Cast get usage counts
Deadlock Clock: 21st Sep 2012 11:59:00 PM
edited 10th Jul '12 8:12:07 AM by Escher
edited 10th Jul '12 6:22:36 PM by AceOfSevens
edited 10th Jul '12 7:02:24 PM by KuroBaraHime
edited 13th Jul '12 8:35:37 AM by Escher
edited 13th Jul '12 9:17:45 AM by Escher
edited 16th Jul '12 8:41:40 AM by Escher
edited 17th Jul '12 11:30:21 AM by Escher
edited 18th Jul '12 2:40:46 AM by MorganWick
- Backup Twin
- Canon Shadow
- Death by Adaptation
- Detective Conan
- Detective Conan The Black Organization
- Flip Flop of God
- Fritz the Cat
- Galaxy Angel
- Jurassic Park
- Magic Knight Rayearth
- Magic Knight Rayearth
- Mega Man X
- Non-Serial Movie
- Pokémon Special Two
- Psychopathic Manchild
- Resurrection Tropes
- Sailor Moon Villains
- SD Snatcher
- Spared by the Adaptation
- The Nine Lives of Fritz the Cat
- Tropes Two
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Main Antagonists
Possible Misuse - Actually Spared by the Adaptation or Death by Adaptation
- Visual Novel/Ever17 - From the description this sounds like a simple "Spared by the Adaptation"
- Iji - I can't tell. Not familiar with the work.
- The Bad Seed - Not sure if this has the plot impact necessary. I suspect this is correct usage.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Minor Antagonists - I don't think Bandit Keith's death had any impact on the plot whatsoever.
Possible Misuse - Other
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Open Two - I got nothin'.
- Portal The4th Millennium Franchise - what is this I don't even
Misuse - Actually Spared by the Adaptation or Death by Adaptation
- Harry Potter - Peter Pettigrew's canonical death was never mentioned in the movie, but it's just left ambiguous; there's no conflict.
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's - Spared by the Adaptation, but no plot conflict results.
- Strider - Standard Spared by the Adaptation
Misuse - Misunderstanding The Title
- Kamen Rider Decade - Probably misuse. I don't think there's any adaptation going on here - they just have some characters who show up with no explanation after clearly being killed.
- Oracle Of Tao - This is a Schrödinger's Question, which determines whether the cast has been in her imagination the whole time.
- Schrödinger's Butterfly - Looks like they just tossed in links to all the snowclones without reading them.
Misuse - Other
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - Triangle Hearts is a different universe entirely that has nothing to do with magical girls; there is no expectation of consistency.
- Windom XP - Not an adaptation and there's no expectation of continuity. The trope just doesn't apply at all.
edited 23rd Jul '12 11:18:29 AM by Escher