In the Age of Heroes, 7889 years before Aegon the Conqueror landed in Blackwater Bay at the spot where the city of King's Landing would be built, when Westeros was still populated by the First Men, and the Andals were not yet known, not long after the Wall had been raised and the Night's Watch had formed, there lived a bastard son of a noblewoman and an unknown father who had been sent to the Wall to join the Night's Watch by Tristifer Stark, King of Winter and great-great-grandson of Bran the Builder, for attempting to steal the Crown of Winter. At the Wall, the man quickly rose through the ranks of the Night's Watch using his charisma and skill. Soon after his rise, the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch died under mysterious circumstances, and he was quickly declared the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Around the same time, a young man on the other side of the Wall gained power among the Wildings. This man, who's name is Joramun, was known for his love of battle, and hatred of those from the south of the Wall as a the Night's Watch killed his parents.
During an expedition beyond the Wall to drive back a new incursion by the Others, the new Lord Commander of the Night's Watch got separated from his force, which was attacked by a band of Wildmen led by Joramun, and driven back, in his absence, and he came upon the most beautiful woman he had ever met. A woman who did not even seem human. He fell in love on first site, and spirited her away, bringing her back to Nightfort. There he broke the Vow he swore at the Hearttree of a Weirwood to the Night's Watch, and married her. Further breaking his Vow, he declared himself the Night King, placing a crown of obsidian upon his head. King Tristifer, upon hearing of the Night King's actions, ordered the Night's Watch to bring their new King's head. The Night's Watch did not comply, instead declaring their overwhelming support for the Night King, killing all who objected, and swearing new vows to the Night King, raising their swords in rebellion. At the same time, Joramun was declared King-Beyond-The-Wall by the Wildlings, and pledged his support for the Night King to promote chaos and disorder to the South, giving him and the Wildlings great freedom. In addition, attacks by the Others began to dwindle and disappear.
Now, it is the tenth year of the Nigh King's reign, and the King of Winter has yet to make any significant victories against the Night's Watch, though neither side has had many losses, and the Night King, growing bold, has begun expanding his forces both to the north and to the south. The King-Across-The-Wall has grown nervous of the Night King's encroachment, and feels as if he may replace the King of Winter, but be far worse. However, he still hopes that he can crush both the Night's Watch and the Northerners, so he holds out on declaring a side...
Ok, so this is an RP based around the A Song of Ice and Fire
novels by George R. R. Martin, but it's set about 8000 years before the series, and in a time that not much is known about. In this, you'll get to play as a character from the Night's Watch, the Kingdom of the North, or Beyond the Wall, and I'll be playing as the Night King, the King of Winter, and the King-Beyond-The-Wall, treating them as NPCs. Knowledge of the series is not critical for joining this game, but it will certainly be helpful, and I'll try and keep all spoilers to the minimum.
Some knowledge for people who have never read the series: The Others are a race of magical ice zombies from the far north who have been pushing south for a long time. Because of this, Bran the Builder, the first King of Winter, decided to build the Wall, a 700 foot tall wall made entirely out of ice. The Night's Watch was formed on the wall, who's members are commonly called the Black Brothers because they view themselves as a family and only wear black. The Black Brothers abandon all titles and family they held previously, and swear the following vow:
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all nights to come.
After swearing the vow, they can't abandon their post on the Wall, with a penalty of death for desertion. They're leader is called the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, and is elected by a majority vote of all the Black Brothers, and holds the position for life. To the south of the Wall is the Kingdom of the North, ruled by the King of Winter, also known as the King in the North, which is the northernmost of the kingdoms in the realm, called Westeros. To the North of the Wall are the Wildlings, who value freedom above all else. Sometimes, a Wildling will become powerful enough, and gain enough followers, to effectively be the ruler of the land beyond the wall, and is called the King-Beyond-The-Wall. The Wildlings are traditional enemies of the Night's Watch.
Character sheets should be formatted like:
- Titles: (If any.)
- Gender: (Note, unless you play a Wildling, or have a good excuse, all combatants should be male.)
- Faction: (Night's Watch, Kingdom of the North, or Wildling.)
- Other information:
Let me make three example write ups (Note: all information in these are what your characters would know, not necessarily the truth. Please do not do that, and tell the truth, not what common knowledge is. In addition, since these are the three leaders, they are supposed to be better than the rest, at least the first two are, though not perfect, so please include more weaknesses.):
- Name: Jorah Snow
- Titles: Night King
- Gender: Male
- Age: 38
- Faction: Night's Watch
- Equipment: A beautiful obsidian crown made to look like black flames dance upon the wearer's head, and seems to somehow magically move. In addition, he has pure black armor, a black cloak, and a black greatsword called Night's Fang.
- Appearance: Jorah is tall and handsome with beautiful long black hair, tied back in a ponytail. He has blue eyes, and pale skin. He appears slightly gaunt after a close inspection, but it isn't obvious at all other times.
- Personality: Jorah is harsh, but fair. He is kind to all those who follow him, but is ready to do what is needed to all those who do wrong or go against him.
- History: He was born a bastard son of the Lord Bolton's wife and an unknown father. He grew up in Dreadfort, until he was involved in an incident in Winterfell where he attempted to steal the Crown of Winter. At the Wall, Jorah quickly rose through the ranks of the Night's Watch using his charisma and skill. Soon after his rise, the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch died under mysterious circumstances, and Jorah was quickly declared the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. During an expedition beyond the Wall to drive back a new incursion by the Others, Jorah got separated from his force and he came upon the most beautiful woman he had ever met. A woman who did not even seem human. He fell in love on first site, and spirited her away, bringing her back to Nightfort. There he broke the Vow he swore at the Hearttree of a Weirwood to the Night's Watch, and married her. Further breaking his Vow, he declared himself the Night King, placing a crown of obsidian upon his head. During his reign, he led the Night's Watch's forces against the King of Winter's, and beat his enemies back time after time, managing to avoid major casualties. Now, he has become bold, and has begun expanding his forces both to the north and to the south.
- Strengths: His natural charisma. His incredible speed in combat. His skill with the sword.
- Weaknesses: His endurance and strength are merely average. Other than that, he has no real weaknesses.
- Other information: None.
- Name: Joramun
- Titles: King-Beyond-The-Wall
- Gender: Male
- Age: 34
- Faction: Wildling
- Equipment: A simple steel crown. Light leather armor, a large, 20 foot spear, and a longsword.
- Appearance: Joramun is tall and handsome with beautiful short red hair. He has green eyes. He is rather large and always wears a cheerful expression on his face, especially in battle. He wears a patchwork cloak of all the colors of the rainbow.
- Personality: Joramun loves combat, and is downright vicious in it. He is always cheerful. He loves wine and women. He is well known for getting in fights with other Wildlings that end with him and his opponent laughing together as they drink wine.
- History: Joramun was hailed at birth as "kissed by fire" for his red hair. When he was three, a band of Black Brothers ambushed his parents, and killed them. Ever since that day, he's hated everyone from the Wall and the South of the Wall. Over time, he became renowned for his strength and charisma, and he soon garnered respect from many Wildlings. After successfully beating back a force from the Wall with a band a tenth it's size, he was declared King-Beyond-The-Wall. He cleverly began to play the Night King and King of Winter against each other, declaring support for the Night King's claim, while sending Wildling's across the wall in secret to discuss things with the King of Winter, but never come to any deal. However, as of late, he has become concerned about the encroachment's by the Night's Watch into Wildling territory, and has, thus, been considering dropping all pretenses, and joining the King of Winter in the war against the Night King.
- Strengths: His incredible strength, greater than any other man alive. His above average speed. His natural charisma. His skill with the spear.
- Weaknesses: His gruffness and tendency to get into unnecessary fights.
- Other information: None.
- Name: Tristifer Stark
- Titles: King of Winter
- Gender: Male
- Age: 58
- Faction: Kingdom of the North
- Equipment: A crown of a clear rock thought to be diamonds created by Bran the Builder. Practical steel armor. A longsword called Ice (not the same Ice from the series, but the sword it was named after).
- Appearance: Tristifer is tall with greying black hair. It is clear that his years have taken a toll on him as he is wrinkled and slow.
- Personality: Tristifer is a good king, but slow to action. He always seeks the path of least resistance first before resorting to more drastic measures. He has a distaste for combat, and dislikes war, as a result. He is very honorable, and always tries to do the right thing.
- History: While Tristifer is his father's first boy, he is the fifth son of his father's third wife. He has ten elder siblings, all girls. As a result, he was very young when his father died, and he took the throne. As a result, he tried to prove himself as a strong king very early on by invading the Riverlands to his south. It was in this war that he learned to dislike fighting, and discovered the horrors of war. However, he also learned that he was an excellent negotiator, and brokered a peace with his enemies. With the treaty, he married the Riverlord's third daughter. Since the war, his rule has been relatively quiet. He now rules with his two sons and his daughter being beaten back by the Night King again and again. He hopes to broker an alliance with the King-Beyond-The-Wall to end this war.
- Strengths: A strong negotiator. Very observant.
- Weaknesses: Weak. Old. Slow. Little endurance.
- Other information: None.
Accepted Characters list
Kingdom of the North
edited 25th Nov '12 9:43:34 PM by deathpigeon