Real Life People Cleanup Project:
- Articles for Real Life historical/political figures belong in Useful Notes/. Any that remain in Main/ should be moved.
- To qualify for an article, a person must have a notable presence in fictional media. Per wiki tradition, we're applying a Rule of Three: there must be at least three examples of the person appearing as a character.
- The article for the person him/herself should avoid tropes about them as a person. It should only discuss tropes appearing in (a) their own work — speeches, books, whatever; (b) tropes appearing in fiction where they feature as a character.
- It should be written as a Useful Notes article. We aren't here to be dryly biographical; the point is to discuss fictional portrayals and how they relate to the real person. For the same reason, political soapboxing is absolutely verboten.
- If a person is better known as a creator of media than as a political figure, then they should have a Creator/ article instead.
- For people who have both a significant presence as a character and as an author, they should have both a Useful Notes and a Creator article for them, with Main as a disambiguation.
edited 20th Aug '12 5:59:46 AM by 32_Footsteps
edited 15th Jun '12 9:28:30 AM by Fighteer
edited 15th Jun '12 11:25:13 AM by Fighteer
edited 15th Jun '12 12:58:28 PM by Fighteer
edited 15th Jun '12 2:01:19 PM by TotemicHero
edited 18th Jun '12 9:55:56 AM by Xtifr
- Historical figures should always be Useful Notes pages.
- Public Domain Characters that are fictitious (like Dracula) don't count for the above.
- We need a general statement on Useful Notes and indexes of Useful Notes like The Presidents that we aren't here to document every single person in the world and to go to Wikipedia for that.
edited 18th Jun '12 10:02:00 AM by Fighteer