Do not read any further unless you have read all the Harry Potter books and/or seen all the movies.
This game is set in Hogwarts, and fifteen years after the Battle at Hogwarts. The premise is pretty straightforward; you create and roleplay a Hogwarts student, and have them go around Hogwarts taking classes, interacting with other students, playing Quiditch, exploring the castle, etc...
There are no villains or bad guys in this story, other than the jocks, bullies and cruel teachers that can be found in this roleplay. While the later Harry Potter books/movies focused less on the school and more on the conflict between Harry and Voldemort, this roleplay just focuses on life at Hogwarts.
The roleplay begins on the Hogwarts Express to school, where the characters can meet one another and poke around the train.
You have to be accepted in the sign up page before you can post in the discussion page or the roleplay.
The discussion page is here.
Here's the character template:
- Magical heritage (pure blood, half blood, etc...):
- Hogwarts House:
- Gifts and abilities:
- Other interesting info:
Here's my character:
- Name: Hayley Ivyleaf
- Age: 14
- Gender: Female
- Magical heritage: 3/4 Wizard, 1/4 Muggle-born.
- Hogwarts House: Slytherin.
- Year: Year 4.
- Appearance: Dark brown hair with tawny-brown eyes and pale skin. She's quite tall for her age.
- Backstory: Her parents met at Hogwarts (her mum's a Ravenclaw half-blood, and her Dad's a pure-blood Slytherin). They have careers in the field of Arithmancy. The Ivyleaf family has been very much oppressed for being a pure blood family with a tradition of having its family members being Slytherins, despite rejecting the stereotypical Fantastic Racism of Salazar Slytherin, being hard workers and all round decent people.
- Personality: A vain young woman who hates getting her hands dirty, but Hayley cares deeply about her friends and does her best to make them happy. She can be quite deceitful, and is willing to lie and cheat to get what she wants, but Hayley never intentionally screws other people over. Unfortunately her schemes often cause mistrust among her friends and teachers, and even when she is being honest, they may find it hard to believe her.
- Gifts and abilities: Hayley is intelligent and a smooth talker, and can get along with other people easily. She has a keen interest in the Dark Arts, but pursues them because she believes that the Dark Arts are (usually) not inherently evil, and can only be considered evil when they're used for evil means, just like any other form of magic. Needless to say, Hayley does exceptionally well in Defense Against The Dark Arts. She's also quite competent at Spells and Charms, as well as Potions.
- Weaknesses: Hayley fails most of her Transfiguration exams at Hogwarts, and most of her attempts to transfigure things backfire in... interesting ways. She also has a poor sense of balance, so she can barely fly a broom. Because Hayley hates getting dirty, she despises Herbology.
- Other interesting info:
- Hayley listens to a lot of Muggle music, but because Hogwarts causes electronics to shut down and act faulty, she has to listen to vinyl records instead.
- Hayley has two pet bats; one called Wayne (she reads Batman comics), and one called Dracula. Their favourite drink is a mixture of rats blood and milk.
- Her wand is Willow (birthday is April 28th, good wand for Charms work), 12 inches, Dragon heartstring core, and springy.
edited 21st May '12 10:02:34 PM by CrazyDawg