P5 Cleanup pile and lewdness issues:
edited 9th Jun '12 11:54:52 PM by encrypted12345
edited 10th Jun '12 1:32:19 AM by encrypted12345
This series contains examples of:
- Action Girl
- Body to Jewel: Akai had some of Sawa's parents' blood fashioned into an earring, which has been her most prized possession ever since.
- Coitus Uninterruptus: Occurs when Akai, concerned about the loyalty of Oburi and Sawa, walks in on Kanie while the latter is raping a young woman in his apartment. The two carry on a business conversation as if nothing unusual was happening (though for them, it could very well be business as usual).
- Corrupt the Cutie
- Corruption of a Minor: Akai and Kanie are in the business of turning orphaned young children into ruthless assassins-for-hire.
- Diabolus Ex Machina: Oburi's death-from-out-of-nowhere that leads to the OVA's Downer Ending.
- Dirty Cop: Akai and his partner Kanie, who make it a habit of kidnapping and raping young women, as well as training children to be their personal assassins.
- Downer Ending: After they escape their former "guardians" to start a new life together, Oburi is ambushed and murdered by the same young girl he encounted earlier while Sawa patiently waits for him at home.
- Foreshadowing: After meeting Sawa for the first time, Oburi is struck by a puddle of water from an errant basketball as he walks by a pair of children playing in an alley. He overreacts slightly by tossing the ball at the basket before shooting it with explosive ammunition. Tellingly, while the young boy screams and ducks, the young girl just calmly watches him as he walks away.
- Groin Attack: Happens to an unfortunate mook during a botched hit. In addition, Akai is shot multiple times in the groin by Sawa at the end.
- I Fell for Hours: See Overly Long Gag below.
- Its Not Rape If You Enjoyed It: Invoked to taunt Oburi after he and Sawa are captured by Akai.
- Kill 'em All: Every main character save Sawa is dead by the end.
- Meaningful Name: "Akai" means "red" in Japanese, and Sawa's flashback sequences often involve red (sometimes blood-related) imagery.
- Overly Long Gag: After a particularly lengthy and brutal fight scene, the mood is lightened somewhat after a bodyguard latches onto Sawa, throwing her and himself out the hole in the wall from said scene in a high-rise building. They then proceed to latch onto a neon sign, which breaks off at the hinges, sending them falling once more until they land on the roof of a car waiting on an overpass. The weight of their impact somehow sends the car through the bottom of the overpass, landing on a truck waiting below the overpass. This impact then sends the whole pile through the ground into a subway station. Then the neon sign falls onto everything, causing the truck to explode... sending Sawa hurtling through another window into an adjacent building. It's like They Live! crossed with Wanted.
- Plot with Porn
- Rape as Backstory
- Rape as Drama
- Sexy Secretary: During the above mentioned action sequence in which Sawa falls down a skyscraper, the action briefly cuts into an office building in which a corporate suit is having sex with his secretary as Sawa falls past the window.
- Small Girl, Big Gun: Sawa, though it's less the size of the gun and more about the size of the hole it makes moments after the bullets hit you.
- Your Head Asplode: Sawa, taking a page from Ghost in the Shell, uses bullets that explode five seconds after impact, typically causing the head to explode in bloody gore.
edited 22nd Jun '12 11:07:21 PM by Meeble
edited 29th Jun '12 5:12:31 AM by Nohbody