edited 25th Apr '12 7:15:45 PM by troacctid
edited 26th Apr '12 8:59:24 AM by Stratadrake
edited 27th Apr '12 1:00:47 PM by Catbert
edited 27th Apr '12 4:47:35 PM by troacctid
edited 27th Apr '12 5:05:47 PM by Catbert
edited 27th Apr '12 6:18:10 PM by troacctid
edited 27th Apr '12 7:59:34 PM by Catbert
edited 27th Apr '12 8:38:03 PM by troacctid
- Setting Map: Supertrope for maps added in order to provide a visual reference for the reader/player/watcher to better understand the events of the story, whether it be a map of the whole world (real or fictional world) or a map of a single room or building, such as can be seen in this ''Negima'' chapter.
- Fantasy World Map: As it is named and defined right now, it theoretically should be confined to only fantasy, and includes maps that are not maps of the entire world. Is there pressing reason to do this? Perhaps, but where do we include science fiction world maps, which are pretty much the same concept?
- Game Map: Supertrope for maps as the playable area in any for any type of game, whether it be "video" or "table top".
- Other subtropes if needed.
edited 28th Apr '12 3:26:29 AM by Catbert
edited 28th Apr '12 8:57:49 AM by Stratadrake
edited 28th Apr '12 8:50:52 AM by Catbert
edited 29th Apr '12 12:30:37 AM by Catbert
- Expand World Map to cover all the incarnations of the World Map mechanic in video games. (Subtropes can be YKTTW'd as necessary.)
- Rename World Map.
- Trope Transplant: YKTTW a "World Map" supertrope covering any map of any world.* Transplant the video game trope to a new page with a different name.
- Do nothing: Leave World Map's definition as is, covering only the world maps where you travel around the map screen Final Fantasy-style. (Sister tropes can be YKTTW'd as necessary.)
- Come up with a name that describes the specific type of video game map that the current trope describes.
- Create a Video Game World Map trope to that which discuss world maps in video games. Among other things, this trope can include the information currently found in part 1 of Video Game Geography to describe different mechanics video games use for dealing with world maps.
- Create a Game Map parent trope to that that covers any type of map used as a playable area for a game.
- Create a Setting Map trope to discuss any inclusion of a map by the creator to communicate information about the setting of the story.
edited 29th Apr '12 6:07:38 AM by Catbert
edited 29th Apr '12 11:46:39 AM by troacctid
edited 30th Apr '12 10:00:41 PM by Stratadrake
edited 30th Apr '12 10:13:14 PM by shimaspawn
-Philip K. Dick
edited 1st May '12 5:51:13 AM by Catbert
Alternative Titles: World Map
1st May '12 9:15:27 PM