TV Tropes Org

Forums

Forum Games:
Quest Quest
search forum titles
google site search
Total posts: [353]  1 ...  7  8  9 10 11
12
13 14 15

Quest Quest:

 276 neobullseye, Sat, 5th May '12 1:09:01 PM from Here, of course.
R.I.P. Stuntel: 1-9-2012
> ASK about those OTHER WORLDS they mentioned earlier
Stuff happens. Post it here so we can laugh at you >=D
 277 Speedchesser, Sat, 5th May '12 1:18:44 PM from somewhere between denial and the color blue. Relationship Status: Tsundere'ing
The most sinister gentleman.
>Try not to overwhelm the GM with COMMANDS.

edited 5th May '12 1:19:04 PM by Speedchesser

I play Xanatos Speed Chess. I usually lose in three moves.

TV Tropes is not a ninja academy.
 278 Rivux, Sat, 5th May '12 1:32:10 PM from Blood Gulch Avenue Relationship Status: In Spades with myself
Heirtime
I must've glazed over that detail then.

>Ask where they originally came from
 279 Eventua, Sat, 5th May '12 3:08:57 PM from Dumundi Relationship Status: I won't say I'm in love
Lord of the Citadel
>Get confused at so many CONFLICTING COMMANDS between the INVISIBLE NAMED ENTITIES within your MIND

You do so! You go cross-eyed for a moment but manage to shrug it off, and thankfully no one notices.

>Ask who the FAIR FOLK are

The PRIEST tells you they are STRANGE GREEN CREATURES, similar to PLANTS, that live within the VAST FOREST above the OOLABEC HIVE: the same FOREST that you were discovered coming from.

Apparently the FAIR FOLK spawn from an ANCIENT GROTTO somewhere in the DEEPEST PART OF THE FOREST, and cause havoc for anyone who spends too long in the FOREST. They come in two different TYPES, both dangerous, both HIGHLY MANIPULATIVE: thousands of tiny SEED-ESQUE PIXIES, and larger, STATIONARY MANY-LIMBED IMPS.

You hope Pella's okay.

>Ask about those OTHER WORLDS they mentioned earlier

>Ask where they originally came from

Alas, much of the KNOWLEDGE from where they originally came from, as well as the OTHER WORLDS, was lost long ago: only a small amount remains, and even much of that is decaying and degenerate. A few IMPORTANT DETAILS were passed down, so the FAINT MEMORY of what their HOME was like has been preserved. Barely.

>What do you do?
The Signature Of Me
 280 Endark Culi, Sun, 6th May '12 8:14:02 PM from Ontario, Canada Relationship Status: In Spades with myself
Welcome to Purgatory!
> Thank the OOLABEC for their generosity, then ask for HELP finding an EXIT to this place before PELLA gets herself KILLED
 281 Rivux, Sun, 6th May '12 8:38:52 PM from Blood Gulch Avenue Relationship Status: In Spades with myself
Heirtime
>Ask what the few important details are
 282 Squadala Guy, Mon, 7th May '12 12:47:38 AM from Squadala! We're Off!
Magic Prophet
The OOLABEC tells you that you must catch a shiny Lv. 100 Pidgery. You have 99x Ultra Balls.

>Explain what is a Pidgery, not Pidgey

The OOLABEC says it's like a pidgeon bird, but they it's a GERY, the OOLABEC's own "jury judge".

Do you want to start the mission?

edited 7th May '12 12:48:22 AM by SquadalaGuy

"The Horn of Protection is here for you, Timmy!" - Hank the Super Cheese Loving Rhino Guard from Fairly Odd Parents
 283 Eventua, Mon, 7th May '12 4:51:49 AM from Dumundi Relationship Status: I won't say I'm in love
Lord of the Citadel
>Ask what the FEW IMPORTANT DETAILS are

You eat a few more MUSHROOMS and ask the PRIEST, who tells you that all they remember is that the WORLD they came from was MOSTLY DARK, and it had VERY FEW TREES. Many of the OTHER CREATURES that inhabited it were similar to the OOLABEC in form, though not in MENTAL ABILITY, apparently.

It also had SCANTILY CLAD FEMALES APLENTY, which just seems silly to you. What are they afraid of seeing? TENTACLES? GRATUITOUS MANDIBLES?

>Thank the OOLABEC for their GENEROSITY, then ask for HELP finding an EXIT to this place before Pella gets herself killed

You decide that the FAIR FOLK, coupled with the LIGHT DRAGONS, present a SERIOUS THREAT to Pella. You thank them for their HOSPITALITY and KINDNESS, and ask the EXIT furthest to the NORTH: you mention how there's another GROUP OF ATASHDEY that way, as is a FRIEND of yours who remains within the FOREST, heading in the same direction.

The PRIEST pauses, seeming to scrape his MANDIBLES together, deep in THOUGHT.

"Very well, " he says, before snapping his FINGERS to get the ATTENTION of your BEETLE GUIDE, "But it is dangerous to go alone. We rarely travel north, for it leads directly to the grotto of the fair folk."

That isn't good. The PRIEST turns to the BEETLE GUIDE.

"Myk, I believe it is the will of the sphere that you found this stranger, and it is yet your will that you guide her northwards, safely through the tunnels and forest. Do you except this task?"

Myk shrugs, though seems worried. The PRIEST turns back to you.

"Myk is a talented scout. She will guide you well."

You wave excitedly, and Myk rolls her EYES a little. The two of you are quickly given a COUPLE OF BAGS filled with MUSHROOMS, CENTIPEDES, TINY BITS OF ROCK and the occasional LUMP OF LICHEN. Yummy.

Well, you might want to follow Myk northwards, and hope the LANGUAGE BARRIER isn't a MAJOR ISSUE or somesuch.

>What do you do?

edited 7th May '12 4:52:58 AM by Eventua

The Signature Of Me
 284 Endark Culi, Mon, 7th May '12 7:09:03 PM from Ontario, Canada Relationship Status: In Spades with myself
Welcome to Purgatory!
> Ask Myk about her BACKSTORY.
 285 Rivux, Mon, 7th May '12 7:13:58 PM from Blood Gulch Avenue Relationship Status: In Spades with myself
Heirtime
Language Barrier: Be a MAJOR ISSUE or somesuch when attempting to converse
 286 Squadala Guy, Mon, 7th May '12 8:06:16 PM from Squadala! We're Off!
Magic Prophet
The OOBELAC is attacking you! Because they wanted you to finnish the special quest to get the Sword of Power.

>Ask what it is to you and that person next to you

They say the sword of power is the most greatest sword to use agaisnt the evil.

But....BATTLE START!

What will you do? You can't escape!
"The Horn of Protection is here for you, Timmy!" - Hank the Super Cheese Loving Rhino Guard from Fairly Odd Parents
 287 Speedchesser, Mon, 7th May '12 8:21:38 PM from somewhere between denial and the color blue. Relationship Status: Tsundere'ing
The most sinister gentleman.
[up]Uh... what?

>Language Barrier: Cause a BATTLE to break out between MYK and our PROTAGONIST.
I play Xanatos Speed Chess. I usually lose in three moves.

TV Tropes is not a ninja academy.
 288 neobullseye, Tue, 8th May '12 2:40:04 AM from Here, of course.
R.I.P. Stuntel: 1-9-2012
[up][up] >IGNORE the TROLL in the hope that it goes BACK to its BRIDGE
Stuff happens. Post it here so we can laugh at you >=D
 289 Eventua, Tue, 8th May '12 2:44:21 AM from Dumundi Relationship Status: I won't say I'm in love
Lord of the Citadel
>Ask Myk about her BACKSTORY.

Of course! Like all good PARTY MEMBERS Myk clearly has some troublesome, DARK BACKSTORY that you can help sort out and such! I mean, Carl and Pella didn't, but pfft. They don't count.

Unfortunately, she seems unsure of what you're saying as the two of your make your way through a SERIES OF TUNNELS. You can hear the TRICKLE of RUNNING WATER further up ahead.

>Language Barrier: Be a MAJOR ISSUE or somesuch when attempting to converse

Indeed, you do so. Despite being an ABSTRACT CONCEPT and thus being incapable of processing information, you somehow cause trouble for CHUTNEY STONESKY and MYK in a totally intentional way. Totally.

>Language Barrier: Cause a BATTLE to break out between Myk and Chutney.

Bwahahahahaha! You truly are a devilishly fiendish thing! The two of them get into an argument of sorts.

Dang nabbit, you think, Myk is such a SQUADALA GUY. A SQUADALA GUY, as everyone knows, is a common term amongst the ATASHDEY for someone who talks GIBBERISH. You've been refered to as such on multiple occasions in the past and stuff.

The two of you will need to sort out this PROBLEM, myes.

>Ignore the TROLL DOR in the hope that it goes back to its BRIDGE

Wait... DOR? You look ahead, and notice a SMALL STONE BRIDGE leading across an UNDERGROUND STREAM. You can hear a DEEP RUMBLE, and both you and Myk freeze up a little.

You have nothing to defend yourself with.

>What do you do?

edited 8th May '12 2:47:36 AM by Eventua

The Signature Of Me
 290 Rivux, Tue, 8th May '12 6:36:48 AM from Blood Gulch Avenue Relationship Status: In Spades with myself
Heirtime
>Stay calm and panic in a civilized manner
 291 neobullseye, Tue, 8th May '12 6:41:48 AM from Here, of course.
R.I.P. Stuntel: 1-9-2012
> Fake suggestion: THROW Myk at the BRIDGE, then WAIT and SEE if she gets eaten

> Real suggestion: ASK Myk what that sound was.
Stuff happens. Post it here so we can laugh at you >=D
 292 Artemis 92, Tue, 8th May '12 9:28:39 AM from contemplation
Cogito Gratia Cogitan
>Prepare to blast something with your horn (by which I mean brace yourself for a blackout).
Ponders too much; thinks too little. Currently goes by Knowlessman.
 293 Eventua, Tue, 8th May '12 1:19:34 PM from Dumundi Relationship Status: I won't say I'm in love
Lord of the Citadel
>Stay calm and panic in a civilized manner

You do so, despite that COURSE OF ACTION being highly contradictory. Too Myk, it looks very much like your are having a STOCK STILL NERVOUS BREAK DOWN.

>Throw Myk at the BRIDGE, then wait and see if she gets eaten

You finally snap, going on a CRAZED RAMPAGE. You throw Myk at the BRIDGE, and then she gets eaten by a TERRIBLE EATEY THING. Then it eats you as well. Oh well.

>Restart game

>Ask Myk what that SOUND was

Unfortunately, the LANGUAGE BARRIER is being quite needlessly difficult and such. Thankfully, however, Myk seems to get the GIST of your question, and begins gesturing elaborately. Either she's saying she needs to relieve herself while balancing SMALL OBJECTS on SMOOTH FLAT SURFACES (a foolish endeavor, considering your far greater SKILL for such), or she's saying there's a TERRIFYING FLESH EATING MONSTER underneath the BRIDGE.

...

Whelp, guess she better find a good PRIVATE LOCATION to do what needs to be done!

>Prepare to blast something with your HORN (by which I mean brace yourself for a blackout).

Your FACE takes on a CONSTIPATED EXPRESSION as your HORN begins to glow and you cautiously approach the BRIDGE.
The Signature Of Me
 294 Endark Culi, Tue, 8th May '12 1:27:16 PM from Ontario, Canada Relationship Status: In Spades with myself
Welcome to Purgatory!
> Create some sort of MAGICAL BARRIER for yourself and Myk, since some kind of ENERGY PROJECTILE might BLOW UP the BRIDGE you need to cross
 295 Artemis 92, Tue, 8th May '12 2:20:09 PM from contemplation
Cogito Gratia Cogitan
[up] I don't think the hornblast is that high-caliber.

>Remember (quickly) whether or not your horn is good for anything other than simple psionic attacks, and if so, what.
Ponders too much; thinks too little. Currently goes by Knowlessman.
 296 Speedchesser, Tue, 8th May '12 5:31:07 PM from somewhere between denial and the color blue. Relationship Status: Tsundere'ing
The most sinister gentleman.
Fake Suggestion

>Construct a LANGUAGE BATTERING RAM to break down the LANGUAGE BARRIER.

Real Suggestion

>Try to shoot a bolt of light across the BRIDGE to let you see if there is a HORRIFIC MONSTER WAITING TO EAT YOU on the other side.
I play Xanatos Speed Chess. I usually lose in three moves.

TV Tropes is not a ninja academy.
 297 Artemis 92, Tue, 8th May '12 5:55:43 PM from contemplation
Cogito Gratia Cogitan
>Try and make it a noncorporeal ball of light (as opposed to a stunblast) and lessen the recoil somewhat.
Ponders too much; thinks too little. Currently goes by Knowlessman.
 298 Eventua, Wed, 9th May '12 2:01:50 AM from Dumundi Relationship Status: I won't say I'm in love
Lord of the Citadel
>Create some sort of MAGICAL BARRIER for yourself and Myk, since some kind of ENERGY PROJECTILE might blow up the BRIDGE you need to cross

>Remember (quickly) whether or not your HORN is good for anything other than simple PSIONIC ATTACKS, and if so, what

It might do, so you do so!

...

In your HEAD, ha. In all honesty, you haven't had anywhere near enough TRAINING MONTAGES or PSIONIC PRACTICE to do very much aside from provide BASIC ILLUMINATION and simple KINETIC BLASTS.

>Construct a LANGUAGE BATTERING RAM to break down the LANGUAGE BARRIER

Unfortunately, your SKILL for manipulating ABSTRACT CONCEPTS in that way isn't great enough, the LANGUAGE BARRIER just laughs. You hear a LOUD THUMP from the direction of the BRIDGE, and look to see something DARK and HAIRY begin to emerge from underneath the BRIDGE, though you can't see all of it.

>Try to shoot a (noncorperal) BOLT OF LIGHT across the BRIDGE to let you see if there is a HORRIFIC MONSTER waiting to eat you on the OTHER SIDE.

Could you do it? You try to combine what LITTLE KNOWLEDGE of PSIONICS that you have into a singular TECHNIQUE. Focusing your MIND, you feel a slight build up of STATIC and...

A loud BANG rings out, and Myk looks on in awe as you fire off the BOLT OF LIGHT: it streaks through the DARKNESS, before eventually exploding to illuminate the BRIDGE and surrounding TUNNELS. You hear a frustrated YELP, and something dark and hairy emerges from underneath the BRIDGE fully.

Myk bares her CLAWS, as do you, and then you see that it's...

>What do you do see?
The Signature Of Me
 299 Artemis 92, Wed, 9th May '12 2:09:46 AM from contemplation
Cogito Gratia Cogitan
>A shapechanger. Be wary of it./metagaming

Could be a Boggart. tongue

edited 9th May '12 2:10:11 AM by Artemis92

Ponders too much; thinks too little. Currently goes by Knowlessman.
 300 neobullseye, Wed, 9th May '12 4:33:40 AM from Here, of course.
R.I.P. Stuntel: 1-9-2012
> Pella? :P
Stuff happens. Post it here so we can laugh at you >=D
Total posts: 353
 1 ...  7  8  9 10 11
12
13 14 15


TV Tropes by TV Tropes Foundation, LLC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from thestaff@tvtropes.org.
Privacy Policy