Okay, here's my outline. It gets rough and vague once you get past the point I haven't already written.
1. We meet Trals Scarback, Leader of the Ethlek, a tribe of nomads in a Mesozoic world. Trals attacks a party of slave-taking Siwshmen invaders, but is captured.
2. We meet Andrea Ferrero, an ex-soldier from the future tasked with bodygaurding a group of paleontologists on a jaunt to the Late Cretaceous Hell Creek formation. Because of odd instrument readings, they worry they have arrived in a past parallel timeline (a common problem). Despite the protestations of Dr. Kai Li Yang, the head of the expedition, they land. Dr. Christopher Larsen, a paleopalynologist who has a crush on Andrea, goes into the forest to confirm they are in the right universe. Andrea accompanies him.
3. We meet Ngarong of the Ankylosaur, a general in the Land-Navy of the Siwsh Thalassocracy, and bitter enemy of Trals Scarback. Having captured Trals, he uses a mystical holy relic (a radio) to contact his wife back in the Siwsh capitol. She informs him that their angelic servants have detected an anomaly in his vicinity, which could be the fabled Ship of Years. Ngarong heads into the forest to find the Ship, with the chained Trals as his guide.
4. Chris hits on Andrea, while she demonstrates the abilities of the strength-enhancing powersuits they all wear. Chris identifies several Cretaceous plants, but upon digging, discovers a layer of potsherds under the topsoil. This timeline is inhabited. They rush back to the time machine.
5. Trals and Ngarong have arrived at the site of the Ship of Years (the time machine) and have engaged the "angels" they find there. One of the angels is now dead, and the other (Dr. Yang) a prisoner. Trals's fellow Ethlek warriors have also found the site, and are waiting in the forest to rush in and rescue their leader.
6. Cavemen (Ethlek warriors) attack Andrea and Chris as they arrive at their landing site. Aided by the powersuit, Andrea kills a caveman, then engages another after picking up Chris and throwing him toward to time machine, where she hopes he can do some good.
7. Chris begins to fight the Ethlek warriors and Siwsh soldiers. Unfortunately, due to humanitarian programming, their powersuits freeze up presented with empty, upraised hands (the gesture of surrender). Trals figures out how to exploit this loophole, but can't do anything since he is still in chains.
8. Andrea, in the woods, sees what is happening and panics. Before anyone can surrender to her and freeze her suit, she activates her built-in particle cannon and aims at the obvious native leader (Ngarong.)
9. Trals knocks Ngarong out of the way. He convinces the Siwsh general to free him and runs toward Andrea, hands raised in surrender.
10. Chris drags Dr. Yang into the time machine, only to find Ngarong there waiting for them.
11. Trals surrenders at Andrea, and keeps her frozen while one of his warriors poisons her with a blowdart. He drags her off.
12. Dr. Yang goes crazy and nearly kills Ngarong before Chris shows the native how to surrender. When he sees that Andrea is gone, Chris learns from Ngarong that Trals has probably dragged her off to the nearby river. Dr. Yang wants to return home, but Chris refuses to leave until they rescue Andrea. The three of them fly the time machine off in search of her.
13. Andrea awakens in a canoe with Trals and Trals's second in command, Vrem. With hand signs, they convince her that her friends have been taken prisoner by the Siwsh, and they are now taking her to the Siwsh fortification, where she can rescue them.
14. Chris, Yang, and Ngarong track the homing beacon in Andrea's suit. When they fly into sigh, she jumps out of the canoe, overturning it. The ship then flies to the Siwsh fortification.
15. We meet Studious Turtle, niece of Ngarong and a former romantic conquest of Trals. She has stowed away with a group of soldiers sent to reinforce Ngarong, as well as a the learned Abbot Igwiv, sent to help Ngarong with the holy relics it was Ngarong's mission to uncover.
16. Ngarong, Chris, and Yang arrive in the Ship of Years, but only has a few minutes to confront Turtle before Andrea blows a hole in his fort's wall.
17. Trals arrives to find the enemy fort in an uproar and some of his warriors already gathered. He leads them into the fort to loot it while Andrea wrecks the place. Ngarong meanwhile, commands his men to climb on top of the time machine and disable its helicopter blade while he tries to surrender to Andrea and stop her rampage.
18. Chris tries to engage Trals but Trals points out the men ruining his time machine. Trals focuses on Andrea, and lures her toward where his men have readied a domesticated triceratops to trample her. In order to avoid the dinosaur, Andrea is forced to use up her suit's batteries.
19. In the center of the chaos, Turtle finds her beloved Trals as he strips Andrea out of her powersuit and carries her away. Shocked and betrayed, Turtle vows revenge. She goes to the time machine to pacify Chris, who is trying to stop the soldiers from damaging the time machine.
20. Dr. Yang hears the men on top of the time machine and begins to kill them. Chris, horrified, pushes her off the time machine.
21. Ngarong orders his men to surround Yang, hands up. Frozen in the middle of the surrendering mob, Yang can do nothing.
22. Turtle sets about to seduce Chris. With signs, she convinces Chris that Yang is insane and needs to be stopped. Chris agrees, and lies to Yang, saying he will protect her if she deactivates her suit. She does so, and Chris allows her to be taken prisoner.
23. The Ethlek carry Andrea away toward their camp. When they stop to rest, Andrea kills her guard and escapes.
24. Trals hunts her down, wounds her, and takes her back to camp. There, in order to prevent her from being killed (and ruining the potential he recognizes to use her as a weapon against the Siwshmen), he is forced to declare her his wife.
25. Chris wakes up in the fort to find that the Swishmen haven't imprisoned Yang as he thought, but killed her. Presented with her corpse, he nearly destroys the fort, but Turtle uses her wiles to calm him down. This convinces her uncle Ngarong to let her stay.
26. Ngarong goes to find Abbot Igwiv, who is interrogating Yang. Yang is not dead, but an interrogation subject, teaching Igwiv English, which is an ancient form of the Siwsh holy language.
27. Andrea, sick from her wounds, arrives at the Ethlek camp. In her convalescence, she learns the Ethlek language from Vrem, who is in love with her.
28. Trals waits for Andrea to heal while he gathers support for the next raid on the Siwsh fort. His machinations are blocked by the Chief of the tribe (Vrem's father) and the Sayer (a wisewoman) who hates him.
29. Yang teaches English to Igwiv and Turtle, who seduces Chris and prepares him to lead them on a strike against the hated Ethlek. Reinforcements arrive at the fort.
30. The Ethlek raid a farmstead, but Trals is getting increasingly bored with inaction. He spends more time with Andrea, taking the HUD from her powersuit and using it to teach himself English.
31. Andrea realizes how smart Trals is, and also how damaged. She learns about his young life as a slave in Siw, and talks with him about the military history she learned in the army. Trals begins to fall in love with her.
32. Chris sets out from the fort at the head of a small army, heading toward Ethlek lands. On the way, he trains in the use of his powersuit, and learns how to break the humanitarian programming that stops him from hurting the natives.
33. The Ethlek Sayer sees Andrea as a threat and finds an excuse to imprison her, keeping Trals away, but letting Vrem see her and strengthen his crush. Trals doesn't have time to sort out the mess before the Siwshmen attack.
34. Chris makes his first intentional kill, and is astounded by how easy it is. He destroys much of the Ethlek camp in his search for Andrea.
35. Before Chris can find her, Trals takes Andrea hostage. He threatens to kill her unless Chris and his soldiers retreat back to the fort, at which point he will hand her over. Chris forces his own army to withdraw.
36. Chris argues with General Ngarong about withdrawing. Infuriated and drunk with power, he kills Ngarong, then speeds back to the fort ahead of his army.
37. Trals uses the instigating raid from the Siwshmen to whip the Ethlek into battle frenzy. It was always his intention to smash the northern incursion, and now he has the political backing to do it. He calls for a Gathering of all the Ethlek herds to destroy their enemies.
38. Back at the fort, Yang tries to gets Chris's attention by teaching Igwiv English words he can't possibly have heard from Chris (like "integument").
39. Chris finds out that Yang is still alive and kills Igwiv.
40. Yang, horrified by Chris's action, decides to act against him in concert with Turtle, whom he still trusts
41. Andrea gets drawn into Trals's political maneuvering, and nearly gets herself killed when she fails to understand Ethlek customs. She learns that she can't just throw her weight around.
42. Chris learns the opposite lesson in the Siwsh fort and behaves increasingly like a a God-king. Turtle and Yang plot ways to bring him down.
43. The Ethlek Sayer decides Andrea and Trals need to die. She demands that before the Gathered Ethlek set out to raze the Siwsh fort, they must hunt the sacred Tyrannosaur. Andrea is supposed to get killed during this ritual.
44. Gregory sinks deeper into megalomania : forces everyone to ride ornithomimes and make gunpowder weapons.
45. Andrea survives the tyrannosaur hunt, and in fact gets an idea for leading the giant predators in front of the Ethlek horde. In tandem with Ethlek skill at triceratops herding, the tactic proves effective, and devastates the Siwsh fort's defenders.
46. Chris swoops in like a demigod at the head of his elite army. He takes Andrea, who is disgusted to see what she might have become, if she had retained her powersuit.
47. Chris imprisons her, but she is found and rescued, not by Trals, but by Vrem.
48. Vrem doesn't think Trals will honor the deal and he wants Andrea to stay anyway. On the way to the fort, he steals Andrea away from Trals and makes a break for it into the woods.
49. Andrea has some feelings for Trals, but would rather get at the fort and its time machine than run off with Vrem. She betrays him, and Trals kills Vrem.
50. Yang and Turtle conceive of a plot to poison Chris.
51. Under Andrea's advice, Trals's warriors breach the wall of the fort to find Chris defending the time machine, with Turtle and Yang inside.
52. Turtle, confronting Trals, reveals that she has been manipulating Chris, who goes absolutely insane. Half-drugged, he passes out in his suit, which goes into autopilot. Andrea commands it to carry her to the time machine, where she finally recharges her own powersuit.
53. In the epilogue, Andrea has established permanent communications between Trals's world and her own.
edited 12th Apr '12 11:44:58 AM by BensenDan