Needs Help: Argentina Is Naziland get usage counts
Deadlock Clock: 9th Jun 2012 11:59:00 PM
edited 28th Mar '12 1:21:39 PM by Madrugada
- In The Onion book, Our Dumb World, the section on Argentina says it's home to many rare and endangered species of wildlife, including the escaped German war criminal.
edited 28th Mar '12 11:06:24 AM by Scardoll
- Argentina was a popular destination for Nazis. Declassified files show how Buenos Aires helped establish a network to rescue collaborators and Nazis from post war Europe. The network issued false paperwork to help Nazis escape the Allies, via the port of Genoa and finally by ship to Argentina. Once in Argentina Juan Perón's government protected them and they settled in the southern regions of the country. In early October 1999 Nazi hunter Efraim Zuroff tracked Ustasha Dinko Šakić, the former commandant of Jasenovac concentration camp (nicknamed the "Auschwitz of the Balkans"). Sakic had lived in Argentina for more than 50 years. He was extradited to Croatia and sentenced by a Zagreb court to 20 years' imprisonment for his crimes.
- According to records Mr. Gońi has uncovered here and abroad, Perón's government, which was in power from 1946 to 1955, shepherded nearly 300 war criminals into the country.... Besides such notorious figures as Adolf Eichmann, Josef Mengele and Klaus Barbie, dozens of French, Belgian, Italian, Croatian and Slovak fascists, many of them Nazi collaborators sought in their home nations, were also admitted, some under aliases, others under their real names.
edited 28th Mar '12 11:06:24 AM by Catbert
edited 28th Mar '12 11:10:07 AM by Madrugada
edited 28th Mar '12 11:13:56 AM by Catbert
edited 28th Mar '12 1:20:16 PM by Madrugada
- A) folders are officially preferred over AC script.
- B) there should be a folder control that lets you open all of them at once
- C) you can set your folders to open automatically
- They won't do anything to clarify what the trope is any better than the fictional examples will.
edited 28th Mar '12 2:08:48 PM by Catbert
- Setting up the folder even if for a single example serves various purposes, the main one preventing that other people have to come and fix it up later.
- Also, uniformity.
edited 28th Mar '12 3:52:41 PM by Martello