Misused: Shared Universe get usage counts
edited 27th Mar '12 1:14:30 PM by Glowsquid
- Virtually all of the early Image Comics titles were set in the same universe, with the stars of any given book often making guest appearances in another. However, one of the core ideas of the company was and always has been creator ownership. This caused a Continuity Snarl no less than twice; Once, when Rob Liefeld picked up his characters and left to create Awesome Comics (though he returned after Awesome folded), and again when Jim Lee took his properties, which encompassed about half a dozen titles, and made his Wildstorm Studios into a DC imprint.
- most of the litterature folder (save for the last two examples)
- about half of the comic book folder:
- all of the fanfiction folder (which is two examples)
- some of the "multi-type" folder
- the "Web original" folder
- Family Guy and The Cleveland Show, along with American Dad!
- A subtle link exists among four of Marvel and Sunbow's Merchandise-Driven 1980s cartoons — the character of Hector Ramirez, a thinly veiled parody of Geraldo Rivera, appears in Inhumanoids, G.I. Joe, Transformers Generation 1 and Jem, though this has not been confirmed.
- all of the animu/mango folder
- all of the film folder
- all of the videogame folder
- all of the webcomic folder
- all of the western animation folder
- A-GENTS (seems to think it refers to any universe or something)
- Brothers in Arms (describes a crossover)
- Captain Commando
- •Dan Schneider
- •Final Fight
- Negadon: The Monster from Mars
- The Kane Chronicles
edited 27th Mar '12 2:05:06 PM by Glowsquid
- GI Joe The Rise Of Cobra takes place int he same universe as The Mummy because brendan Frasier joked that his characters from both movies were related. (seriously, that's all that example was going by)
- Buffyverse = Whoniverse because The Doctor made a pointless silly cameo in a Buffy comic.
edited 27th Mar '12 4:30:53 PM by ThatHuman
edited 27th Mar '12 6:45:38 PM by Treblain
edited 27th Mar '12 7:01:10 PM by ThatHuman
edited 28th Mar '12 5:13:43 PM by ThatHuman
edited 28th Mar '12 7:25:51 PM by ThatHuman
edited 29th Mar '12 8:43:01 AM by ThatHuman
- Actor X said that Show Y and Z are part of the same universe. There is no evidence supporting or defeating the idea, so all that matters is how valid you think Actor X's opinion is on the subject.
edited 29th Mar '12 10:18:09 PM by ThatHuman
edited 31st Mar '12 8:07:47 AM by ThatHuman
edited 31st Mar '12 1:24:10 PM by Treblain
edited 6th Apr '12 11:34:58 PM by ThatHuman
edited 7th Apr '12 9:52:51 AM by Stratadrake
- Vague references to locations, events, characters or concepts to other works that avoid mentioning any specific names.
- Dimension-hopping crossovers (i.e, The Multiverse)
- Brief cameos of characters from other works.
- Non-canon crossovers.
edited 21st Apr '12 3:07:32 PM by Dor
edited 21st Apr '12 4:20:59 PM by ThatHuman
edited 21st Apr '12 7:55:52 PM by Dor
Page Action: Shared Universe
18th May '12 5:19:18 AM