There are conditions for me to like and reject QTE / quick action commands
1) I don't like ones where it appears fast, expects you to press it immediately and correctly, and games you over for doing it wrong
2) I hope there will be some QTE out there that are optional, by having no rewarding and punishing effects for not pressing it, or it can be done in a way that there will be two buttons that appear at once, high and low, and expect you to make a choice
3) Press X for a hundred times in a few seconds, definitely hate that. Leon's Boulder Run, anyone?
4) In the Yakuza series, Action Commands are like the codifiers (in my opinion), immediate example of no loss if done wrong, and for some story-related battles, you get to perform the thing again
5) To try and have QTE as pathmaking is a stupid idea for me. At least only put them in fights and battles only. But that said, I really liked the ones from Lords of Shadow (Castlevania title), as it limits timing to just timing, no specific buttons
edited 25th Mar '12 8:20:49 AM by Cassie
What profit is it to a man, when he gains his money, but loses his internet? Anonymous 16:26 I believe...