edited 18th Mar '12 5:04:52 AM by Iaculus
edited 18th Mar '12 6:04:53 AM by Martello
edited 18th Mar '12 6:04:57 AM by Catbert
- In Sora No Woto, it is implied that Rio is of mixed heritage [[ spoiler: since she lacks the Phenotype Stereotype looks of her blonde, green-eyed half-sister and her last names are Japanese/Slavic ]]. Most probably a very common thing in Helvetia and no one seems to care.
- Cheshire (Vietnamese/French), a supervillain in The DCU, basically went insane.
- There was also the character Mongrel, aka Josh Xan, who was half-Vietnamese as well. He died in Infinite Crisis.
- Frank Hopkins from Hidalgo is a half Native American, and has a foot in both cultures.
- Elvis Presley plays a man with a white father and an Indian mother in Flaming Star.
- Oliza in Amelia Atwater-Rhodes' Kiesha'ra series is a half-snake shapeshifter, half-hawk shapeshifter. She has the forms of both a hawk, a cobra, and a combined form referred to as a wyvern. Her cousin, Hai, is half-falcon and half-cobra and suffers from unstable magic that allows her to see several possible timelines (making her a waif prophet) but leaving her starkly out of touch with reality. Oliza and [[ spoiler: Hai ]] are also both example of All Genes Are Codominant
- A number of characters in J.R.R Tolkien's Silmarillion and The Lord of the Rings are half-breeds: Luthien (half Elf, half Maia), her son Dior (half human, 1/4 Elf, 1/4 Maia), Eärendil (half Elf, half Man)...and their descendants. All seem to be well loved and respected by both sides of their respective families.
- The na'kyrim of the Godless World. Also an example of Half-Human Hybrid.
- Can't forget the Whateley Twins Wilbur and OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?
- The Ysabel Kid, from The Floating Outfit novels of J.T. Edson, is half Kentucky Irish, a quarter Commanche and a quarter French-Canadian.
- The Ewu in Who Fears Death, being born from the union of Okeke and Nuru people. Looking surprisingly like neither tribe, the Ewu are sand-colored, skin and hair, with light eyes, like albino Africans.
- M*A*S*H had an episode featuring a Chinese-American who ended up being the special patient: the inner conflict of killing other Chinese guys got him to subconsciously want to do himself in for it.
- Curiously European-Americans don't seem to have had anything like a similar problem in the European theatre of WWII, including the not insignificant number with German ancestry!
- In Charmed Paige is a half-witch, half-whitelighter. She gains whitelighter powers such as orbing and healing without having to actually die though she has to learn how to use them while whitelighters know them automatically. Wyatt and Chris are also the same though stronger because their mother is a Charmed One.
- The titular hero of Latigo, by Stan Lynde, was the son of an Irish father and Native American mother.
- Azuri in The Desert Song.
- One of the love plots in the musical South Pacific (also a film)
- This trope is played up in the video game Red Dead Revolver, with Red, the main character, being the offspring of a white settler and a Native American.
- And in the similarly themed GUN.
- Final Fantasy likes this trope.
- Final Fantasy IV, Cecil and his brother Golbez are half-human and half-Lunarian. They're the same as regular humans mostly, but Cecil doesn't know of his heritage for most of the game, while Golbez and Fusoya are both damn powerful mages.
- Final Fantasy V, Bartz is fully human, but his parents hail from different halves of the world that existed as separate planets for centuries.
- Final Fantasy VI, Terra is half-human and half-Esper. Mostly manifests as occasionally losing control of her powers and being controlled by a Superpowered Evil Side, as well as the power to use magic innately.
- Final Fantasy VII, Aerith is half-human and half-Cetra. She's mostly normal aside from the fact she hears the planet speak to her, and can use magic without Materia.
- Final Fantasy X, Yuna is the daughter of a human and an Al-Bhed, an ethnicity distinguished by their green eyes and spiral irises. The mixture manifested itself as Yuna's Mismatched Eyes.
- In The Elder Scrolls, a book called "Notes on Racial Phylogeny" states that children of interracial unions typically resemble the mother more, with some traits from the father still persisting. In Oblivion, the Gray Prince, a champion gladiator is part human, part orc*. The entire race of Bretons descend from half-breeds between nedes (ancestral race of men) and Aldmer (ancestral race of elves), when the Elves took concubines. The Bretons are considered a race of men, but their elven ancestry manifests as having the highest racial aptitude for magic of all men races. A few aristocratic Breton lineages still retain a slight point to their ears.
- Rehv, from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, is half-vampire and half-sympath.
edited 18th Mar '12 6:38:19 AM by Catbert
edited 18th Mar '12 6:24:42 AM by Ghilz
edited 18th Mar '12 7:04:58 AM by Catbert
- Characters.Ah My Goddess
- Child by Rape: Zero-Context Example, but correct, though technically it's a bad pothole to Half-Human Hybrid
- A Coffin for Dimitrios: Pothole for Half-Human Hybrid
- Alike and Antithetical Adversaries Pothole for Half-Human Hybrid
- All Genes Are Codominant pothole for any halfbreed
- Ancient Astronauts pothole for any Half-Human Hybrid
- VideoGame.Assassins Creed III No prejudice. Game's not even out.
- Bony Mentined as being fortunate so no prejudice.
- Characters.Demon Blade Pothole to Half-Human Hybrid no mention of prejudice
- Fallen Angel: Sink Hole
- Characters.Final Fantasy X: Generic mixed species. No Prejudice.
- Highlander: pothole to mixed lineage
edited 18th Mar '12 7:06:50 AM by Ghilz
-Philip K. Dick
-Philip K. Dick
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Half-Breed Discrimination (Or whatever we name it)
- Lineage Comes from the Father
- Human Mom, Non-Human Dad
- Nonhuman Humanoid Hybrid
- Heinz Hybrid
- Tragic Mulatto
- But Not Too Foreign
edited 18th Mar '12 9:07:39 AM by Ghilz
edited 18th Mar '12 10:34:54 AM by Iaculus
edited 19th Mar '12 3:58:07 AM by Iaculus
Alternative Titles: Half Breed 2
9th Jul '12 1:42:29 AM