The question wasn't "Is there a minority who see a problem about the definition of the tropes mentioned here", it was " Is there is a significant minority(by which I means that it isn't one or two people, it is something that can be regularly observed and maybe isn't even a minority) who are wrong about the definition of the tropes mentioned here ?". If you prefer, what sentences do you think are wrong here
1) There is misuse on the Lighning Bruiser
2) The misuse observed now is the same that was observed during the last TRS, in which a clean up and a reworking of the description has been done. Therefore, neither of those solution will be sufficient to prevent future misuses.
3) There is a good number of people who are wrong about the definition of Glass Cannon
, Lightning Bruiser
and Stone Wall
, which is a problem.
If you disagree with any of these point without giving argument or try again to not answer the question asked, I will simply ignore you in this conversation and encourage anyone to do the same. If you agree with all of these points, then you agree that there are problem which need to be solved.
Now the more controversial point.
4) These problems are related. For at least a significant minority, speed damage and defense are related with one another. Thus, they think that Glass Cannon
refer to slow build and put their Fast Glass Cannon
example in the trope they think refer to it.
5) Creating a subtrope of Glass Cannon
which contains those example will solve these problem, without causing other.
Of course, if you say 5 is wrong, you should be able to explain what would be the next TRS on this subject, should the subtrope being created (for instance if you think that the trope are too rigid, the next TRS will be about the subtrope having slow or medium speed Glass Cannon
edited 21st Jun '12 12:19:34 PM by VioletOrange