Make a list of all your named characters!:
edited 27th Apr '13 11:20:02 PM by nekomoon14
- The Leaders—
- The Lancer
- The Smart Ones —
- The Big Guys, the 507th Mobile Infanty Battalion,the strike force in which we find Alpha Company, 1st Platoon, 3rd Squad:
- Sergeant EV-917 William Blake: Squad leader,
- Trooper First Class EV-1021 Rebecca Song, she's on the heavy weapons squad and the sniper,
- Trooper EV-1028 Luke Song, Animal Motifs: head like a shark or eagle, Demolitions Expert
- Trooper Second Class EV-1026 Matthew Song: scout, The Quiet One
- Trooper Second Class EV-1027 Mark Song: Radio Operator
- Corporal EV-1029 John Song: assistant squad leader
- Corporal Larissa Rocha, cyborg in power armor, formerly with the Colonial Defense Forces, they joke that she's the squad's Token Human
- The Chick —
edited 30th Apr '13 8:36:04 PM by TairaMai
Description: The leader of the Red Knights, he was born during the reconstruction of Kingsport after the War. He has black hair and hazel eyes. He received the vision from the angel Raguel when he was 17, and met the other future Red Knights at the meeting place on top of the hill overlooking Kingsport.
Weapon of choice: Two-handed sword
Mount: Either a horse or a red dragon 2. Aislin Moore (née Maher)
Description: She’s Jayden’s wife, and used to be a stage actress. She’s often described as the most beautiful woman in town, with curly light orange-brown shoulder-length hair, silver eyes, and a silky smooth Irish accent. Thanks to her shapeshifting, she looks 24 forever. Her name means "dream" in Gaelic, which is appropriate because she is as beautiful as a dream. And thanks to her shapeshifting powers, she can change as quickly as one too.
Weapon of choice: She usually fights via her shapeshifting, though she carries some throwing darts around just to be safe.
Mount: Self-powered flight via shapeshifting 3. Anzhelika Maksimov
Description: A Russian woman of 27, and also the only member of the Red Knights who was not born in Kingsport. Like Akihiko, she received the vision from Raguel during her younger years. Her father was a conservationist who went to America to participate in overseeing captive breeding programs. Unfortunately, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time; he was among the Kingsport townspeople who were killed by the Dark Stone Cutters. Raguel inspired her to become a warrior to preserve his memory. She has long blonde hair and a light hazel right eye and blue left eye. Her armor is based on the leopard.
Weapon of choice: Glaive
Mount: Horse (Black Holsteiner) 4. Jayden Moore
Race: Human (though technically he’s an outsider now)
Description: He’s Aislin’s husband. He used to be a tour bus driver for Kingsport, and met Aislin after one of the plays she performed in. Thanks to his becoming an outsider, he looks 25 forever. His eyes glow blue. He used to have dark brown hair, but he shaved it as part of his becoming a Monk. He wears a sleeveless exercise shirt and a pair of exercise shorts. Since Monks usually don’t wear armor, nobody will see it coming.
Weapons of choice: Kama
Mount: Horse (Black Friesian) 5. Allen Harris
Description: He’s about 19 years old. His parents were among the survivors Demetrios and company saved during the Dark Stone Cutters’ attacks on Kingsport, as well as members of the volunteers during the demonic attack on Ahrinor Island. He has blue-green eyes and black hair that he wears in a swept back style, similar to Vergil in Devil May Cry 3. His specialty is fire magic, he carries a crossbow as a backup weapon, and he has the rock hyrax/mastodon/mammoth familiar (I still haven't decided which one yet), which also serves as his mount. 6. Felicia Mason
Description: She’s of English descent. Her hair has often been described as being the color of coffee, and she has emerald green eyes. She looks 32. She used to be a junior high school music teacher and would even play during the Renaissance Fairs.
Weapon of choice: Dagger and violin
Mount: Horse (Black Thoroughbred) 7. Cameron White
Class: Pale Master
Description: He dabbled in the gothic crowd in high school, though he finished with it by the time he graduated. He still looked into it in his spare time. Despite his robust 37-year-old appearance, he has white hair and his narrow eyes (which are blue-grey) give him a mysterious look. Since he’s both a Pale Master and Lawful Neutral, he comes across as stern and aloof. His familiar, by contrast, is very humorous.
Weapon of choice: Scythe, the scarlet kingsnake/Titanoboa familiar
Mount: Skeletal Horse 8. Sabrina Zhang
Class: Divine Champion
Description: She was fascinated with the Moon throughout her life, and upon becoming a ghost, was chosen as the champion of a moon goddess. She looks 23 and has blue-violet eyes. Her previously black hair has become silver in color, like the Moon.
Weapons of choice: She wears black and silver chain mail, has an arming sword and shield engraved with a symbol of the Moon
Mount: Pegasus 9. Hannah Wright
Description: She always liked magic, and hoped to become a professional stage magician. She looks 17 years old and is a Dark-Skinned Redhead. Considering the career she wanted, she has a habit of speaking a bit theatrically. Her specialty is arcane magic (kind of like what the Mages in World of Warcraft or the Wizards in Diablo III can do), and she has the tiger shrike/Phorusrhacos familiar. She also uses a sword like this one.
Mount: Red Unicorn 10. Carter Phillips
Class: Bronze Dragonsoul Heir
Description: When he was killed by the Dark Stone Cutters' curse, he feared that he was going to hell, but a bronze dragon, living in a secret cave near the sea and was also killed by the curse, offered to merge their souls together to save each other. He looks 27, he has black hair and his previously brown eyes are now bronze in color. He also has dragon wings that are nearly as tall as he is.
Mount: Self-powered flight There is also an unofficial 11th member: Michelangelo “Mikey” Gagliardi
Description: A 10-year-old boy who lost his family and became a ghost after the Dark Stone Cutters destroyed Kingsport with their curse. He has blue-grey eyes and reddish-brown hair. His familiar found him and took pity on him, and led him to Felicia, who adopted him as her own. He's unofficial because the other members consider him too young to join, but considering what happened to him, he steadfastly refuses to leave his new mother's side.
Weapon of choice: Lightning magic, a wand, and the tegu/Tyrannosaurus rex familiar, who also serves as his mount
edited 3rd Jun '13 9:46:47 AM by Demetrios
- Zach: An Insufferable Genius who loves to brag about his academic and athletic abilities.
- Bessie: Zach's cute, clumsy, not so smart best friend who looks up to him.
- Randy: A guy whose impulsive hot bloodedness gets him and his friends into a lot of trouble.
- Julius: Randy's far more level-headed best friend, who gets into just as much trouble as Randy simply by being around him.
- Pearl: Randy and Julius' friend, a Lipstick Lesbian who tries to keep the boys under control.
- Deb: Feminist who has kind of a "reputation" around the school, but underneath the icy surface, is actually quite nice.
- Hannah: Deb's friend.
- Lopez: Genderqueer student who likes fashion.
- Gabby: Lopez' best friend, a happy little goth.
- Francesa: Bitchy girl who thinks she is better than everyone, but no one really knows who she is.
- Sophie: Francesca's flighty "friend", who is a total pushover.
- Orson: stoic snarky guy who loves to point out the chaos going on around him.
- Ed: Orson's chubby, bubbly boyfriend.
- J.P.: Ladies man who admits up close that he will break your heart.
- Ryan: New student who hits it off with the study body.
- Ivy: Ryan's slightly older fraternal twin sister, who isn't so lucky as him.
- Silmarill: A complete and utter prick. I cannot emphasize this enough. Believes serving the Demon Lords means wreaking havoc, erupting volcanoes and causing wars. He fights Matthew numerous times; the first few are hopeless boss fights, but the last one really doesn't paint him in a flattering light.
- Dhalak: A Geig that serves Silmarill, though he really, really doesn't like the new boss. He's actually a Forgotten Childhood Friend, Collin. Dhalak mainly functions as The Dragon, though he would rather not do this kind of work for one like Silmarill.
- The Gray Knight / Daindred: An amnesiac Geig from the past. Gray Knight is a Blood Knight that enjoys high power battles, and is one of the stronger of the Geig Legion, and given they're all Bosses In Mook Clothes, this is saying something. He brutally curbstomps the heroes, the villains and most others in his first fight in Book II. He's a back from the dead friend of the Hero of Terra, Vonh.
- Azekred: The Dark God of Power, Ascension and Deals, Azekred is called the King of the Crimson Throne. He makes several deals throughout New Dawn, and most of them seem to have the odd effect of helping the heroes defeat his own allies. Despite a grotesque appearance, its insinuated that Azekred is not really that bad.
- Khaos: Another of the Dark Gods, and despite his name, reputation, allies and powers, he's pretty much a big softie when he's not on the job. His whole reason for being "Dark" is that the Lord of Light, a Zeus-like figure, abducted his love interest to complete a harem. Hence, Khaos opposes the Light Gods in order to rescue all the women abducted in such a manner. Otherwise, he really seems too nice for his job.
- Zandal: Khaos' most loyal Geig, and the only Geig not to fight Matthew and company. He's a very Servile Snarker, whether its to Silmarill or Khaos. Its implied that he was created by Zayufur to be Khaos' best friend, through thick and thin. He's the biggest snarker in New Dawn, and that's saying something.
- Seinac: A Combat Doll and brother of Alina that follows the heroes around from Book II on. Seinac seems to look older than Alina, but the truth is she is his older sister. He is obsessively protective of her, even glaring at Matthew if he gets too close.
- Daaj: A Kouval that functions as an emissary and messenger from Zayufur between him/her and the heroes. Daaj is a recurring boss, together with other Kouval, with him wielding an axe unlike the other, spear wielding Kouval. This differentiates him from them, which was the intention on his part.
edited 7th May '13 2:24:16 PM by NickTheSwing
edited 8th May '13 3:16:39 PM by Golbolco
- Arcadia: A Synthoid, synthetic human illegally created for combat who was "rescued" by Shannon from a military lab. Lack or normal social behavior has made her distant and cold.
- Mike Thurson: The main character. Wise-cracking, surprisingly clever for a 12 year old. Gets kidnapped by Space Pirates.
- Camilla Valentine: Mike's best friend in school.
- Jim Hopkins: The class bully and Mikes's frequent tormentor.
- Principal Kramer: The school principal. Nicer than his reputation would imply.
- Sam Rackham: Captain of the Iron Lump, the Space Pirate Ship in the center of the plot.
- (Roland) Hooks: The first mate of the Iron Lump. Somewhat saner than his shipmates.
- Jin Fu: Sam's second-in-command. A bit of a bad temper.
- Max Turbo: The mechanic of the Iron Lump. Old and sleepy.
- Ray Cooper: A reporter living in Tokyo in 2500's. Used to live in the same orphanage as Sam and Jin Fu.
- General Victor Stein: Military dictator in the late 2400's. Appears only in flashbacks. Direct reason to why Ray grew up in the orphanage.
- Axel Rackham: The main antagonist. Big brother of Sam's. Owns third of Sigtron, the biggest weapon manufacturer in the Galaxy.
- Dr. Anthony Edwards: A psychologist. A family friend of Rackhams. Used to treat Axel.
- Jade Lockhart: An assassin and an ex-lover of Sam's. Also Leonard Nixon's daughter and heiress (see below)
- Dr. Ego: The foster father of Sam, Axel, Jin Fu and Ray. Also a renowned scientist and the resident Mr. Exposition of the story.
- Prof. Kirk Williams: One of the Four Philosophers who ran the orphanage with Dr. Ego. Appears only in flashbacks.
- Prof. Cid Garland: Another Philosopher. Older than the rest. Also flashback exclusive.
- Dr. Vladimir Svensson: A Philosopher. Flashback exclusive. Only Philosopher who didn't die under shady circumstances.
- Hotko: The orphanage cook. Weird creature with a long tongue.
- Vincent: Enigma of a man dressed in a half-armour, half-robe. Not quite human.
- Kenaita Xumbali: Owns the second third of Sigtron.
- Leonard Nixon: Owner of the last third of Sigtron company, at least until his death.
- Number 23: Mysterious man in a pinstripe suit. Seems to know more about the things happening than anyone else.
- Cadet Prodden: The newest addition to DOOM elite squad. Quite nervous of his new position.
- Captain R.O. McBeth: Captain of the DOOM elite squad. Ready for retirement and under heavy medication. Not at all happy about his new prodigy.
- Schlonko Fjodor: Runs a ship repair shop in Casablanca. Dishonest little bastard.
- Grant McBlack: An acquaintance and ex-colleague of Sam and Hooks.
- Truman De Odorant: Earth's top crime lord. Big, fat and ugly. Sam and Hooks used to work for him back in the day.
- Rose Lavién: Ray's girlfriend. A bit of a Manic Pixie Dream Girl especially when compared to her boyfriend.
- Wolf: Member of the DOOM TOTEM Unit. A lone wolf.
- Eel: Member of the DOOM TOTEM Unit. Psycho Electro with a hair-trigger temper. Has a thing for Wolf.
- Tortoise: Member of the DOOM TOTEM Unit. Slow. Tendency to blow things apart.
- Panda: Member of the DOOM TOTEM Unit. Despite his horrifying exterior a gentle soul, making him the exact opposite of an actual panda.
- Spider: Member of the DOOM TOTEM Unit. Creeps out even his/her teammates.
- Vampire: Member of the DOOM TOTEM Unit.
- President Cloudhead: Snarky President of Earth. Not shocked by anything.
- Admiral Geraldina Sagittari: Head of DOOM. Makes only a small cameo here, becomes more relevant later on.
- Praetor Zimmermann: The Religious Leader of Earth.
edited 13th Aug '13 1:39:06 PM by Xeroop
edited 13th Aug '13 4:00:36 PM by Xeroop
edited 14th Aug '13 4:54:19 AM by Parable
edited 14th Aug '13 12:24:03 PM by Majormarks
- Kieran Gray: The Hero, an introverted young man and a First-Person Smartass who gets wrapped up in a murder case in his hometown. Often described as being "serious", Kieran regards himself as nothing more than an Ordinary Secondary School Student. He has few friends, but he would trust the people he loves with his life.
- Jordan "Dev" Devereux: The Lancer. More relaxed and laid-back than Kieran, also a bit of a Casanova Wannabe. But it doesn't mean that he can't get dangerous when he needs to.
- Aisling Rourke: The Big Guy. Aisling is the hardy, tomboyish female of the group. She is the most physically capable, and sometimes shows a gentler side when interacting with her close friends.
- Matthew Smith: The Chick, occasionally the secondary Big Guy. Matthew is, at first glance, tough and intimidating, due to his size and strength. In truth, he harbours insecurities about his own sexuality and masculinity. He finds it hard to be accepted by his peers because of this.
- Nathan Kelly: The Smart Guy, of the Kuudere variety. Nathan becomes involved with the investigation after his older sister is murdered. Largely unfriendly to most people, but he becomes more open when he is with his close friends. Very open.
- Leanne Powell: The Sixth Ranger. Daughter of the local police chief, Leanne also takes an interest in the serial murder case. More feminine than Aisling, she uses her "charms" to get what she wants from people. Initially, she takes an antagonistic role with Kieran's group, but eventually joins with them to find the killer.
- Amelia Kelly: The sister of Nathan, and ex-girlfriend of Kieran, who is one of the victims in the serial murder case. She is largely a Posthumous Character, since she is killed near the beginning of the story. May or may not be a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing, due to cheating on Kieran with the young man who turned out to be the killer.
- Seta /Setanta: Sixth Ranger Traitor mixed with Double Reverse Quadruple Agent. A mysterious person from another world connected to ours. He takes on the appearance of Kieran when talking with the main characters. Although michievous, he helps out Kieran and the others in solving the case. Most of what he says turns out to be lies. He is the spirit of an ancient warrior, Cú Chulainn, who serves the Morrigan as The Dragon after she takes his soul. He intentionally misleads the heroes while also working on his own agenda: namely, defeating the Morrigan and Lugh once and for all.
- James Collins: A friend and classmate of Kieran's, James is a seemingly decent chap who, while often hanging around with the main characters, is Locked Out of the Loop. He's the killer. He is granted power by the Morrigan to cause chaos in his hometown, the entrance to the Morrigan's realm. He uses this power to pull people into the Morrigan's realm, where their souls are devoured by monsters. He enjoys this job immensely. Serves as The Heavy for most of the story, playing mind-games with Kieran and the others, which eventually leads to him being found out and caught at the end of the second act. It is then that Seta reveals his betrayal, before betraying James himself. James is killed and the heroes retreat.
- Morrigan: The Goddess of Chaos and Darkness, who wars against Lugh, the God of Order and Light, once every millennium. She and Lugh do battle using human champions that they select themselves. The Morrigan chooses James Collins as her champion, and orders him to disrupt the order in his world. The Morrigan feeds on disorder and fear, giving her strength for the upcoming war.
- Lugh: The God of Order and Light, who guides Kieran and the heroes from another world. He chooses Kieran and five others as his champions in the war against the Morrigan, granting them fragments of his power. Despite seeming good in nature, he views humans as little more than pawns in his game of power. The war with Morrigan is all that matters to him.
edited 17th Aug '13 9:50:20 AM by CamrocG
- Erik Watanabe: An 18-year-old high school senior who's smart and gets good grades but is constantly getting himself and his best friend, Johnny, into trouble. Through a series of events, he gains powers to control metal and becomes the superhero, the Black Knight. Red Oni to Johnny's Blue. After the whole "superhero" shtick goes to hell, he decides to fight crime legitimately and becomes an FBI Special Agent. He remains much more accepting of his powers than Johnny in his adult life.
- Juan "Johnny" Alvarez: He's been Erik's best friend since kindergarten. He's more calm, low-key and cautious than his friend, and keeps him in check; their mutual friends say that Johnny and Erik negate the worst in each other while bringing out the best. Through the same events that gave Erik his powers, Johnny gains Ki Attacks; he can build up energy within him and release it in a blow (though it only works for direct blows). He in turn becomes the Monk. When the superhero gig blows up in their faces, he renounces his powers and vows to never use them again. He becomes a lawyer, remaining in his native Honolulu after Erik leaves.
- Jack Vanderbilt: An 8-year-old boy whom Erik often babysits. Jack's father died of cancer when Jack was 3, so Erik has become his father figure and Jack is one of the major sources of joy in Erik's life. This makes it all the more heartwrenching when Jack is killed by home invaders, setting off the chain of events that leads to Erik and Johnny abandoning the superhero mantle and creating a lifelong obsession for Erik; one of the primary reasons Erik joins the FBI, though he won't admit it, is to find the person who killed Jack.
- Hugh Stark: A career lowlife who starts out small, mugging people, robbing banks, etc. At one point, in his mid-thirties, he does a home invasion job. This leads to Hugh shooting Jack. Fifteen years after the fact, Hugh has risen to the top of a criminal cartel. He finds the islet where the meteor crashed that gave Erik and Johnny their powers, and the residue from the energy blast gives him superpowers as well; he can shoot small "beads" of energy, which explode at his will. He thus becomes the supervillain Bombardier. When Erik finds out that Hugh shot Jack, all hell breaks loose; the Black Knight soon resurfaces, and the Monk trails not far behind.
- Baazathoth, The Blind Idiot Ram
- Amunhotep, God of a Thousand Flocks
- Shet-Landggurath, The Wolly Ewe of the Forest With a Thousand Lambs
- Baathulhu, The Master of Ar'Ies
- Ithoxford, The Wool Walker
- Rackstur, He Who Must Not Be Shaved
- Yemenig, Father of Suffolks
- Shudde Maltese, The Bovid Beneath
- Rhan-Tebaa, He of the Keratin Throne