edited 9th Apr '14 2:26:18 PM by Wheezy
- All except the top left, which is about 5 months old and kind of crap, were done in the last week or two. The right one's still unfinished, but the closest to the final design. I accidentally drew the glasses too small without realizing it, but couldn't be assed redoing it because the whole thing from sketch to inking took me several hours*, and this is just a concept, not the final product. Oh well. Always next time.
- At first I didn't want to give her such stereotypical Nerd Glasses, but they do such a good job of hiding her real emotions. When I tried drawing her without them, or making the lenses more transparent, she looked much less... Detached.
- My character sketches' general lack of feet isn't because I don't like drawing them, but because I draw on 8.5 x 11 and always run out of room. It's still a dumb mistake on my part, I know, but at least it's not laziness.
edited 29th Jan '12 10:49:05 PM by Wheezy
edited 30th Jan '12 5:29:28 AM by Wheezy
- I'll probably end up rewriting Eric's role. More specifically, at the "climax," which I think goes too far. This has been bothering me for a while.
- In fact, the ending bothers me in general. It's supposed to be bittersweet, but I don't know if it's too bitter.
edited 4th Feb '12 9:22:52 PM by Wheezy
edited 6th Feb '12 1:37:35 AM by Wheezy
edited 1st Jun '12 7:25:45 PM by Wheezy
- In case anyone's wondering, the whole story won't be this slow-paced. The first third just sets things up, and the tone changes drastically after this part. The second third is about Yume's descent into the world of nightmares, the Lovecraftian demons she finds there, Kristyn, and how Laurie went from her happy childhood to her depressed and lonely present. The final third is about the foretold end of the world, Yume's confrontation with "the one behind all," Laurie's struggling to accept reality and herself, the story of her parents, and what happened with Ben and Eric.
- Yes, there are a ton of Shout Outs. Yes, the final version will have footnotes explaining them. But for now, if anyone's confused by any of it, just ask and I'll explain.
edited 9th Apr '14 2:33:42 PM by Wheezy
edited 11th Apr '14 7:21:07 AM by Wheezy
edited 3rd May '14 7:11:22 PM by Wheezy
edited 3rd May '14 7:11:10 PM by Wheezy
edited 3rd May '14 7:25:42 PM by Wheezy
edited 11th May '14 12:47:14 AM by Wheezy