Pokemon: Race for Reinbeau's Gold:
- Name: Hugh Reinbeau, Grandfather Pokemon
- Age/Gender: old/dead (92), male
- Occupation/Class: Retired pokemon master
- Appearance: A short, cheerful old man, Hugh still had most of a full head of white hair. Tended to wear black and navy blue hakama, white shirt and a maybe a blue jacket.
- Personality: Hugh was a Cool Old Guy, balancing a respect for the past and interest in innovation. Always cheerful, few people ever got him angry - they all regret it. As a young man he was obsessed with winning battles, but matured to admiring pokemon and their training in and of themselves. He was always giving advice and loved to teach people by dares and challenges.
- Backstory: Having been a living legend his history is a little Shrouded in Myth. It is known he came from Palette Town, and travelled for all his life. He did marry and his family made home base in Cerulean City, though they still travelled a lot.
- Skills: When it came to pokemon he could do anything. Or at least people thought he could.
|Nickname||Species, ♂/♀, Ability||Moveset||Personality|
|Fandango||Nidoking, ♂, Poison Point||Earthquake, Smack Down, Megahorn, Focus Punch, Shadow Claw, Toxic Spikes||The leader of the team, a bit of a Blood Knight. Gets perverse pleasure from beating the crap out of younger pokemon.|
|Fern||Venusaur, ♀, Overgrow||Energy Ball, Return, Earthquake, Synthesis, Solarbeam, Sunny Day||The mother, not really all that battle thirsty.|
|Cardinal||Arcanine, ♂, Intimidate||Extremespeed, Crunch, Flamethrower, Aerial Ace, Double Team, Swagger||The youngest, and actually Cardinal III. Goofy and minor attention deficit problems.|
|Cerise||Slowking, ♀, Own Tempo||Psychic, Surf, Ice Beam, Trick Room, Disable, Yawn||Reserved, the most curious about humans, Cerise has taught herself to speak and read. In fact, she is acting as spokesmon for the race.|
|Saffron||Ampharos, ♀, Static||Thunderbolt, Power Gem, Focus Blast, Signal Beam, Thunder, Rain Dance||Energetic, Saffron is never still. She is both constantly curious, and easily startled. Generally reacting with a shock.|
|Azure||Dragonite, ♀, Inner Focus||Dragon Claw, Aerial Ace, Fire Punch, Earthquake, Thunderwave, Dragon Dance||Azure is a lady. She maintains an air of grace at all times. Though her composure does sometimes break, and you can see she enjoys fire punching someone a little too much.|
- Other: Well, Hugh's dead. This character sheet's more to introduce his pokemon, who are more-or-less running the race.
Accepted Player Characters
- Mary Ann West - neobullseye
- Nick Viano - nintendonick
- Felicia Tyler - A Crack In Time
- Rory Sands - Purple Dalek
- Ashley Gatlocke - Crewe
- Occupation/Class: Optional, covers type of trainer, job, etc.
|||Nickname||||Species, ♂/♀, Ability||||Moveset||||Personality |||
|||Duh||||Duh||||See note below||||This doesn't necessarily mean nature |||
- I'm going to say list up to six. Very basic moves (like tackle) don't count towards this total, since it never made sense that they'd forget them. However a more limited amount of harder moves represents having to keep in practise. As a general rule, the first four moves a pokemon learns I'll call basic. TM moves, egg moves, move tutor moves are all allowed. Also, HMs* only need to be listed if there for battle use, otherwise we'll assume your pokemon can help you with stuff (so no need to waste a slot on Cut).
- Your initial team doesn't need to be unevolved, you can catch more as the race progresses (even if you start with six, but you'll have to duck into a pokecentre to switch them). Also specifying levels is not required since people pointed out that just leads to problems. Suffice to say that Reinbeau's are just unfairly powerful.
- One ability per pokemon, your choice and dream world abilities are valid.
- The personality tag is just to get you thinking about the pokemon. I'd like to avoid them being plot devices that only come out for battles. You don't have to make them as detailed as Hugh's team*, since they will be the ones running the race and have recurring involvement.
- I'm considering making some connecting routes and throwaway towns to bridge the gaps between Hoenn, Johto, Kanto and Sinnoh. Or are you happy with just saying "you catch a ferry"?
- The prize is a bit vague because I can't think of what to include. Suggestions welcome!
edited 12th Feb '12 3:42:11 PM by Luthen
- pops head in here, interest queued*
- Name: Mary Ann West
- Age/Gender: Female, 16 years.
- Occupation/Class: Jr. Trainer (F), no job. Mary Ann still goes to school, but luckily it's vacation now. How convenient, right?
- Appearance: Mary Ann has brown hair tied in two ponytails, hazel eyes and a slightly tinted skin. She likes to wear jewelry, makeup and whatever clothes happen to be in season.
- Personality: Mary Ann West is a very social girl, but a bit of a ditz. She tends to jump to conclusions, leading to her getting pulled into things she really shouldn't have to be in.
- Backstory: Mary Ann was just traveling to the next city, when all of a sudden she saw a large group of trainers running off in the same general direction. "Realizing" that the only possible reason for this could be a major sale somewhere, she started running after them, not letting them get all the cheap things. She has no idea that she just got herself in a race.
- Meowth - Gizmo (M). Moveset: Slash, Pay Day, Bite, Fake out, Screech, Captivate. - Personality: Curious. Adamant nature.
- Clefairy - Luna (F). Moveset: Cosmic Power, Light Screen, Lucky Chant, Wake-up Slap, Moonlight, Sing. - Personality: Cute. Careful nature.
- Aron - Met (M). Moveset: Autotomize, Double-edge, Metal Sound, Roar, Iron Defense, Headbutt. - Personality: Stubborn. Relaxed nature
- Farfetch'd - Quacky (F). Moveset: Slash, Swords Dance, Aerial Ace, Acrobatics, Poison Jab, Brave Bird. - Personality: Loves to brag. Adamant Nature.
- Pikachu - Spark (M). Moveset: Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Agility, Thunder Ball, Nasty Plot, Sweet Kiss. - Personality: Runs off easily. Timid nature.
- Ralts - Waltz (F) Moveset: Stored Power, Calm Mind, Hypnosis, Psychic, Magical Leaf, Dream Eater. - Personality: Modest nature.
edited 4th Feb '12 9:17:02 AM by neobullseye
edited 4th Feb '12 1:49:29 PM by Luthen
edited 5th Feb '12 1:07:58 PM by neobullseye
edited 5th Feb '12 2:01:35 PM by Nicktendonick
edited 6th Feb '12 11:31:17 AM by PurpleDalek
edited 7th Feb '12 9:21:18 AM by InfiniteParagon
- Name: Nick Viano (incase you're wondering, this isn't my real last name)
- Age and Gender: 21 Male
- Occupation/Class: Former Pokemon Trainer / Cooltrainer, currently a college student.
- Appearance: *similar to avatar* A overshirt to wear under a normal shirt. Usually a matching combo. Currently, A dark green buttoned shirt over a normal green shirt, with tan kakai shorts. (and belt). Has gained a Nice hat, and wears a sleek pair of glasses. Has dark brown eyes and dark brown hair.
- Skills: Very savvy with technology and Genre Savvy, and can easily learn how to do things. That's...kinda it.
- Personality: Outgoing and mostly a nice person, can become shy when feeling insecure. Has a tendency to act before thinking and definitely can suffer from Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!. Can be too lazy for his own good. All this hides a determinator when actually motivated to action.
Team: Note- Nick's pokemon really don't have nicknames. Though some do shorten them, such as Ivysaur to Ivy/Iva and Gardvoir to Garde when communicating. You'll know the difference.
|(No nickname)||Ivysaur (M):||Energy Ball, grass knot, Sleeppower, Dig, Sludge bomb , Razor Leaf||Personality: Similar to Nick, he’s Nick’s “main” and more then just a pokemon, but Nick’s close friend (despite a language barrier at times). Ivysaur's hasn't been fighting or training nor is he in prime pokemon battle shape anymore. He has lost some of his skill (you don't use it you lose it, after all) . Jack-of-All-Stats|
|“Esca”||Escavlier (F)||X-Scissor, Protect, Iron Head (Iron slash), Giga Impact, Poison Jab||Personality: Very loyal to Nick, and likes to be his “knight”. Escavlier has a strong moral center. She is his tank, and the physical powerhouse of Nick’s party. Not as fast as the usual Lighting Bruisers that most Escavliers are. Has actually been practicing since Nick stopped having pokemon battles, and hasn't lose her edge.|
|Hana-Chan||Kirkia (F)||Leaf Blade, telekinesis ,heal pulse, teleport, Psywave, Psychic||Personality: Nick’s “newest” pokemon, and the youngest of Nick’s group. She was born some a year or two ago (how old do these pokemon get before they evolve?) in a pokemon reserve in Kanto. She just evolved from a Ralts a few days ago, and is quite eager to set off in this awesome journey, her first. Can use her psychic powers to translate pokemon speech for Nick or other humans, it's a trick taught to her by her mother. Squishy Wizard|
|Flygon||[[ Flygon ]]||Dragonbreath, Dragon claw, Bulldoze, Whirlwind, Sandstorm, faint attack||Not the smartest pokemon in town. He's more "simple" then "complicated". Unlike most big guys, that's not his fighting style. He's of moderate speed.|
|???||Mismagius (f)||Lucky Chant, psywave, Shadow Ball, Pain Split, Confuse Ray, Astonish||Mischievous and likes to have fun. Sometimes, enjoys sowing chaos into things. Overall, she just likes having fun.|
And! this. Here comes a new challenger!
- Name: Sneasel the sneasel
- Age/Gender: Male, a few years. Adult.
- Occupation/Class: Pokemon.
- Appearance: A normal grown Sneasel, now wearing a Indiana Jones Adventurer Archeologist style coat and matching leather hat. He’d use a whip, but he can’t find a good one and Ivysaur refuses to let him use another one of his vines. He very much likes this outfit (as well as if he’s got heat on him, he can dump the outfit on another sneasel and sneak away while they hunt them.)
- Personality: Loveable Rouge and Trickster Archtype helps explain him a lot. Likes swiping things, doing things for the heck of it. Doesn’t exactly like doing the right thing, since he’ll feel like crud when he later steals from them. He will do the right thing in the end though, as much as he doesn’t like to.
- Backstory: Caught by Nick during his journey. Captured to help Nick find shelter when he was badly injured in the snowy mountains, and later to go out and get help. They have a bit of a allyship, and usually does listen to Nick as long as their goals are the same. He’s a semi-loyal pokemon.
Headed out on his own the moment he found out, Sneasel kinda wants this gold all for himself. Not exactly sure what he’d spend it on, but he’s pretty sure it’d all look pretty. He swiped his pokeball and a few others who he roped into this to help him (and as distractions while he slips away)
For his habit of swiping shiny things and people’s stuff in general? He says it’s a disorder. He can’t help it- HEY! MY WALLET!
- Skills: He’s fast. Sneasel learned how to strike quick and keep away. His stealing skills are quite good, as well as his ability to sneak around and break into things silently. Battlewise he keeps the target away, only getting close to attack. He can hit fast and hard, but he’s not able to take as many hits. He may have a trick up his sleeve to help him out…
|Rapi||Rapidash (male)||Bounce, Fire spin, flame charge, Wild Charge, strength , U-turn.||A troublemaker. He does like to do things For the Lulz, it gives him a bit of a kick to see people’s reactions, even if sometimes it doesn’t end well for him. Also, he’s kinda lazy. He doesn’t really like being ridden, or at least, isn’t usually in the mood to do so. He is friends with Sneasel, the two enjoy teaming up to pull pranks, and is usually his partner in crime.|
|Staraptor||Staraptor (male)||Brave Bird, Roost, Whirlwind / Gust, Close combat, double team, U-turn||Has common sense. Temperamental, but overall a nice bird. Still has no clue why he’s here, but resigns himself. He gets to have some awesome fighting, and some fun while he’s at it. It’s not like anyone’s going to get hurt after all. Won’t fight at full power unless he meets a Worthy Opponent (or if a person beats him. Round 2 will have him going at 100%.). He hasn’t completely lost his edge since Nick stopped battling. He’s been dueling pokemon at the pokemon ranch of stored pokemon in Twinleaf in his spare time.|
EDIT: Question answered, thanks. EDIT 2: Tables are weird. Not finished yet... EDIT 3: New challenger! I may add a pokemon or two to this list later, but this is it for now.
edited 17th Feb '12 8:16:41 AM by Nicktendonick
- Name: Felicia Tyler
- Age/Gender: 17/Female
- Occupation/Class: Part-time assisstant at Canalave Library, Ex Junior Pokemon Trainer
- Appearance: Short, pale, brown eyes, long, messy dark blond hair. Has freckles. Often mistaken for her 13 year old sister.
- Personality: Quiet and studeous, often prefers to read and study than go out on Pokemon adventures.
- Backstory: Felicia was born in Canalave City, Sinnoh, and spend her childhood watching boats go in and out of the dock. Not wishing to leave school at the age of 10 to become a Pokemon master, Felicia stayed on at school to carry on with her education. When she left school at 16, her parents gave her a Shinx in the hope that it would get her to go out and about. She travelled to the nearest city, Jubilife City, to look for a job. After a brief period working for the Poketech Company, she went back to Canalave to work in the Library. During this time, she levelled up her Shinx by slaughtering wild Magikarp in the ocean (she may have nicked a boat once or twice). Shortly after her 17th, she boarded a ferry to take her to Vermilion City, Kanto. During a visit to Cerulean City, north of Vermilion, she noticed a group of people about to run a race. Curious, she joined in.
- Skills: Very organised due to working in the Poketech Company and the Library.
- Species: Luxray
- Nickname: Heathcliff
- Level: 45
- Moveset: Shock Wave, Flash, Headbutt, Thunder Fang, Protect, Strength
- Personality: Much like Felicia, he is hard working and loyal. However, he's also likely to go charging (no pun intended) into battle, and after killing numerous Magikarp, he has a strong dislike for fish.
edited 7th Feb '12 1:04:07 PM by ACrackInTime
edited 7th Feb '12 1:27:07 PM by Luthen
edited 7th Feb '12 5:07:21 PM by Nicktendonick
edited 9th Feb '12 12:47:53 PM by PurpleDalek