Interesting use of norse mythology.
I'm not at all convinced that Hibiki will actually die. Things to consider:
- She almost got killed by what was probably a piece of Kanade's spear, i.e. Gungnir. There wasn't a lot else there to do it, and anyway it explains her powers.
- In norse mythology, the great wolf Fenrir is killed by Gungnir.
- She certainly looks wolf-like, there.
Well, it'll be fairly obvious if I'm right. If they're going that way, there are some useful aspects of Fenrir's story to keep in mind...
- He was too powerful, and scared the gods, so they sealed him away. This.. upset him, to say the least, and is probably why he helped destroy the world. Self-fulfilling prophecy much? But it could be what's going on here.
- Unlike the norse gods, who use what amounts to (magical) technology to fight their demons, Fenrir *is* a demon. His power is inherent.
This is the first time I've seen a transformation sequence involving cellular-level alterations. It reminds me of Saikano, more than anything else. I almost hope I'm wrong, because if they treat her the way Fenrir was treated, they're screwed beyond belief. :P
edited 7th Jan '12 7:01:14 PM by Baughn