- Tropes are just listings of characters people thing are badass who happen to have a certain trait. (The Badass + Trait Problem)
- Badass X as a naming scheme is actually very vague and doesn't give a lot of insight into what the character trope actually is, assuming it is a trope.
- Badass X as a naming scheme proliferates the use of Badass + Trait 'tropes'.
- Make it a requirement that a badass character trope means a character is "badass because of a trait", or "badass in spite of a trait".
- Renaming away from the Badass X naming scheme as much as possible.
- Cut, redefine or re-purpose things that are just Badass + trait.
edited 3rd Feb '13 1:06:28 AM by lu127
- Kicks ass physically at the drop of a hat
- "Awesome" (I have grown to hate that word. It's become so broadly applied as to be meaningless.) or "cool" (And ditto for that one.)
- Someone who is not to be messed with or taken lightly, even though they don't go around being threatening or imposing all the time.
edited 8th Jan '12 3:58:34 PM by Arha
edited 8th Jan '12 4:50:58 PM by Deboss
- Almighty Janitor: He may have the lowest rank but can kick more ass than his superiors. (remove, this doesn't belong here)
- Asskicking Pose: Awesome and sometimes flashy, by the way did we mention that you're probably about to get your ass kicked afterwards. (keep as is, it's a pose designed to show how badass a character is)
- Badass Arm-Fold: A particularly badass pose. (subtrope of above)
- Awesome Aussie: The coolest thing to come from down under. (standard stereotype for an Australian badass, or at least it should be)
- Badass Adorable: Okay, they're cute. Don't think they can't turn you into a pool of your blood. (contrast)
edited 8th Jan '12 5:01:31 PM by Arha
edited 8th Jan '12 7:00:04 PM by Madrugada
edited 8th Jan '12 6:43:41 PM by NoirGrimoir