Wick cleanup: Reptiles Are Abhorrent get usage counts
edited 13th Jun '12 6:44:34 PM by ArcadesSabboth
edited 6th Aug '12 12:12:37 PM by ArcadesSabboth
edited 2nd Aug '12 11:09:19 PM by ArcadesSabboth
- "Reptile" or "Amphibian" needs to be consistent shorthand for "evil" or "villain." So either there's only one reptile-theme character and it's a villain, or the great majority of such characters are villains, or the great majority of villains (but NOT of heroes) are reptilian-themed. Or amphibian-themed. Or more reptile features = more evil. Or people act as though reptiles are abhorrent.
- Burn all aversions on sight.
- "Subversions" that don't directly invoke the trope are aversions.
- If reptiles are no more often associated with villainy or grossness or evil than non-reptiles, then it's an aversion.
- Kill all uses of the trope potholed from a character name on sight, because it is not a character trope. It is only a trope of a whole work.
- Entries that are technically correct need to be reworded so that they don't say things like "Char X plays it strait, Char Y subverts it." Characters can't do anything with the trope, again it only applies to the entire work as a pattern.
- Zero Context Examples should move to Discussion. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt in cases where only one or two characters are simply listed as (presumably) being reptilian villains.
- If it's on a Characters/ page, then it almost certainly is misuse. I have moved some such examples to the main page when they're the only major reptiles (for example, the Kremlings in Donkey Kong Country), and I've left a few where they were because they described the trope as something a character believes. But mostly the trope should not be associated with a character, nor a group of characters. I did all such pages a few months ago, though.
- The redirect, Snakes Are Evil, also needs the same wick cleaning.
edited 4th Aug '12 1:47:53 PM by ArcadesSabboth
edited 1st Sep '12 12:07:41 PM by ArcadesSabboth
edited 5th Aug '12 2:26:00 AM by DoktorvonEurotrash
edited 1st Sep '12 12:07:22 PM by ArcadesSabboth
edited 1st Sep '12 5:11:25 PM by ArcadesSabboth
You need to Get Known to get one of those.