Total posts:  1
... 23 24 25 26 27 29 30 31 32 33
Sexy new way to boost forum coolness. (The Herald Thread):
@Lu, #660: I've never posted in Trope Talk. Do you really
want me to try for heraldship there? It might be... interesting; I would also receive my own welcome if ever I do post!
The only "real" forum I'd consider being the herald for at the moment is already taken, and Willbyr does a good job and has written a very good PM. If ever he didn't want it anymore then I'd be happy to herald there, but I'm not going to attempt to uproot him.
Sooo, can I be the Sandbox herald?
But I have so many candidates for the sandbox, and it's such a difficult job!
You don't post in the media forums or the right side, huh? Shame.
I've thought about it some more and I think I will withdraw my heraldship application, so please go ahead and award the position to Final Starman
Withdrawing your application doesn't mean the remaining candidate will earn the position. I may not be happy with his application, or may not be happy with either of them(this is hypothetical. I haven't looked at either draft adequately).
The reason why you haven't heard much isn't because your drafts are bad. It's because I have exams. Exams make me busy. Busy me is a bad mod.
No, it's not because I think my draft is bad. It's because I feel I'm only interested in the position for selfish and ill-guided motives, and this site is causing me stress, so I may need to take a break of indeterminate length in the near future.
Yack Fest Herald here with a technical request. My Welcome PM has a direct mention of the thread for sex talk, Fetishes. As of today that thread was renamed to The Nunnery
. Could the welcome message be revised to change to the new name?
Who loves the shadow?
That's a new one. And I'm amazed it hasn't been used before.
Who loves the shadow?
It hasn't? Yack Fest, I am disappoint.
ed in you. I have always wanted to do that.
edited 13th Jun '12 2:14:51 PM by FinalStarman
I first read that pronounced "Parab-abble", which has been done, with the dash and just a single B.
But then I read it as "Para-babble".
I noticed both Literature drafts lack a link to the forum rules and the spoiler policy. Can we fix that?
I fixed mine w.r.t. to Forum Rules
, but I do not see a standardised spoiler policy for forums (there is one
for tropes, but that doesn't apply to forums)
I covered that by writing:
We are finalizing a spoiler policy; but for now, please spoiler text any spoiler from the latest released book, or any leaks regarding the upcoming ones.
Link to draft:
edited 20th Jun '12 4:31:33 AM by ryzvonusef
The spoiler policy is officially in place
The gift that keeps on giving.
Hmm, looks like we need to brainstorm what "spoilers" mean in the context of each form of media, so people don't jump into a subforum and complain about excessive spoilers (or excessive spoiler tags).
For example, because of the single page update format that most webcomics use, very little is actually going to be treated as spoilers, simply because most individual pages do not move the story forward that
I'll think about this.
"These days they have a stat for how many times a guy goes for a cup of coffee." -Mark McGwire
Ooh, that must be a recent addition.
Anyways, I changed it as follows
* The Forum rules also contain a section on Spoiler Policy
; TL;DR, please spoiler text any spoiler from the latest released book, or any leaks regarding the upcoming ones.
edited 20th Jun '12 11:10:08 AM by ryzvonusef
Looks okay. You're set up for Literature.
Since people are being set up... Serious question: As a joke, may I be the Sandbox herald, or is it not worth it? I don't mind either way.
Thanks! In fact I got a PM about it before I knew I had been installed. A lot of old timers are going to get the welcome message, aren't they?
Now to setup my directory...
"Twirls Fingers" Ano...
do I get the Herald Badge too?
edited 21st Jun '12 10:31:33 PM by ryzvonusef
Oh dear, that sounds so...Hinata-ish
! Do not want.
I sent you a badge.
" A lot of old timers are going to get the welcome message, aren't they?"
I always find this highly amusing when I check my PM's and see and old timer got the welcome message.
Who loves the shadow?
Thanks. Also, Hinata is cool ;P
But on the upside, you get to meet new people! One of the old timers on literature sent me a bemused PM, one thing let to another, and now we have a healthy discussion going on about books!
Nocturna, your message needs to be updated, since the stickies in Special Efforts have shifted around a bit.
I'm another person submitting a draft for Wiki Talk. Gaah, it feels so long! Well, the TRS PM is longer — just. Please do tell me if there's anything that can be done without, or anything I've missed.
Good morning/afternoon/evening/youshouldbeinbed, [[troper]], and thanks for stopping by Wiki Talk!
Sadly, this isn't a place where the Wiki Incarnate can come and bestow its wisdom upon us, but it's the next best thing: The place where we can discuss anything to improve the wiki or forum
so that it will one day gain sentience
. This is where stuff related to policy goes, and it can also be a catch-all for things that don't fit in another discussion area — more about those later.
Wiki Talk is the main place for more serious wiki discussions. Implementing a standard, wondering about a guideline, sorting a namespace out... These things can all be put here. Go ahead and make your posts amusing/witty, but keep it limited, relevant, and on-topic; Yack Fest
is the place for joking around. Constructive criticism of policies or ideas is welcome here, but complaint threads will be locked or nuked
General queries can also go here; if you've got a question about why something isn't working but it isn't a bug, or don't know what to do in a certain situation, this forum may be the place to come. There are also a couple threads about implementing certain features, like Forum Heralds
. To help with long-term/common queries or requests, there are currently six stickied threads.
- Wiki Talk FAQ — This directory contains answers to a number of common questions and will show you where to go for some requests. Check it first.
- YKTTW workstation — Get aid with a YKTTW draft, often if the description needs help or there's an associated crowner wanting for votes.
- Content Policy Directory — An easy-to-access place where links and details about items related to the content policy are gathered. This is not a discussion zone; take posts like that to the policy thread linked below.
- Media Namespace Questions — If you don't know which namespace a work fits in, go here for an answer. Help with actual wick moving belongs here.
- Unlock a Page — Post here if there's a Locked Page you think doesn't need that protection or a cut page to be restored. If you're asking about a cut work page, check this list to see if it was cut under the Content Policy. If a non-cut page doesn't get unlocked, the mods can edit it for you upon request here.
- Help with English — Take it from a native speaker: English can be hard, inconsistent, and annoying. If you aren't comfortable writing in English or there's a specific sentence driving you round the bend, people here will help you with it.
It's now "later". If it isn't, then you've probably been reading this message from bottom to top or you interact rather strangely with time. This is a recap of the other areas to discuss things related to the wiki or forums and roughly what goes in each one, since not everything belongs in Wiki Talk (great as this place is). Most relevant things should be covered; if you're unsure of where to put something or what to do about something you find, tell me and I'll try to figure out where it goes.
- Got a question about The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit? Take it to this thread in Content Violations. Other policy questions are fine and good here.
- If something's screwing with wiki software or you've got a new feature idea, head over to Tech Wishlist/Bug Reports for feedback and fixes.
- FAQ is the place for simple how-to's, and has info about pre-existing guidelines — including the full Forum Rules. Those, by the way, are enforced here in Wiki Talk as much as anywhere else. Stick to them.
- Things relating to a specific wiki article can usually be put on its discussion page. That's also the place to resolve an Edit War with a fellow troper.
- If talking on the discussion page doesn't work, or you want a second opinion, go to Ask The Tropers. The mods also check there, so it's where to report vandalism or a problem wiki user.
Hope to see you busy [[troper]]-ing around, and if you have any questions at all about this forum, PM me and I'll see how well I can
- ~ Telcontar
edited 26th Mar '13 3:33:13 AM by Telcontar
Lost and Found
, Ask The Tropers
, and You Know That Thing Where
) can all be WikiWorded, no HTML link is necessary.