edited 16th Dec '11 2:46:35 PM by NickTheSwing
edited 16th Dec '11 2:55:07 PM by daltar
- Name: Thormund Thorsson (aka Big T)
- Race: Jotun (Ice Giants)
- Age: 56. For Jotnar, it's roughly like being 40.
- Appearance: Thormund ain't particularly large for giant standards, but by mostly any other standard he's humongous: He stands 10' tall, and he probably weighs around 750 pounds, most of which is sheer muscle. The giant's skin is a pale blue, with plenty of purple freckles. He's got long (red-violet) hair kept in tick, wide, coarse braids. He also sports a short full beard, lots of red tribal tatoos and plenty of piercings and earrings. A veteran warrior, he's heavily scarred throughout his whole body. When out of armor, he prefers Viking garb.
- He owns a set of heavily decorated full plate armor: It's dyed black and evoking the stereotypical image of an Evil Overlord: Plenty Spikes of Villainy, gauntlets with clawed knuckless... It has a helmet with small, decorative horns and a half-mask.
- His weapon is a monstrous cross between a halberd and a greatsword... Simply halfway bigger. It's magical and sentient, to boot: Its personality (Called Wyrd) is that of an Affably Evil Blood Knight, generally nagging the wielder to fight. It's unclear how he got it.
- An enormous wyvern, large enough to carry a coupla giants. She's called Witty 'cause she seemed the smartest lizard in the bunch (which was accurate). Unfortunately, she happened to be the laziest lizard on the lot too.
- The Mjöllner of Wisdom: an actual sacrificial hammer from a respected Norse shaman, the giant wears it as a pendant. It gives him a good deal of resistance to supernatural manipulation.
- A twisted war-horn: When blown, it carries echoes of a thousand battles (including the cries of agony). He uses it to challenge folks to combat.
- A large (twice the size of a Caucasian Shepherd) Jotnar war hound, named Rage. Despite the name (and the job description) it's actually the very epitome of a Big Friendly Dog. Unless someone assaults or threatens Thormund or Hilda, his attacking someone is unlikely.
- Personality: Perhaps as a result of his career as a gladiator (roughly an even mix between martial prowess and showmanship), Thormund is a bit larger-than-life: He speaks loudly, and he's often theatrical. He's also a big eater and drinker, and he has a friendly disposition and a healthy sense of humor. Despite playing a ruthless villain onstage, he's actually a Gentle Giant: He loves fighting all right... But he wouldn't hurt somebody who didn't ask for it.
- Skills: As a professional fighter, Thormund's main ability is combat. He's able to rely on sheer will and guts on those rare occasions on which you can't just cleave through problems.
- Bio: Born a commoner among the clans of the Hammer Mountains, Thormund's unimpressive size and average strength (for Jotnar standards, that is) didn't stop him from becoming a respected warrior: He was sharp and fearless. At the relatively young age of 35, he landed a full-time job as a huscarl, a hot wife, a loving daughter... And the privilege of raising his own war-hounds. Alas, her wife Inge died while giving birth to his firstborn son. That devastated Thormund, and he plunged into deeper depression when his child didn't survive. Unable to stay home much longer, he eventually took his daughter Hilda and his favorite hound and walked away. After a few years as a sellsword, he decided it wasn't his job: He wasn't afraid of battle, but rations often sucked too much to raise a daughter on. Instead he made his way to Hercine where, he became a famous gladiator. He's trying to semi-retire and start a side business as a lanista (gladiator trainer/placement agency).
- Other: Like most giants, he lives in the worst part of town... After all, houses large enough to acommodate giants were ridiculously expensive on the good neighborhoods. He owns an ancient two-story home, adapted to have just a single level. He lives there: With Hilda, Wrath, Witty... And the occassional visits of a few attractive half-giant women. His daughter Hilda is a natural-born shaman, which will cause all sorts of trouble unless she eventually gets proper instruction.
edited 16th Dec '11 4:46:22 PM by SavageHeathen
edited 16th Dec '11 4:35:25 PM by NickTheSwing
edited 16th Dec '11 4:44:42 PM by SavageHeathen
edited 16th Dec '11 4:49:07 PM by NickTheSwing
- Name: Ammsdart van Mencken
- Species/Race: Human
- Gender: Male
- Age: 21
- Appearance: Blonde haired (Short) and blue-eyed. Lithe build, usually wearing a scarlet coat over a white doublet with gloves and off-white breeches. His usual hat is also red with large white plum.
- Possessions: While most of his "possessions" are still technically owned by his father, there are a few things that Ammsdart considers "his." When walking out in the streets or otherwise not in a safe area, Ammsdart will sport an estoc of the "cut-and-thrust" variety, essentially an estoc with a sharpened edge, preferring the versatility of the estoc over the specialty of a rapier. He also has Astel, a pterosaur-like wyvern coming from the region that Ammsdart's family originally hailed from, whose large wingspan makes him ideal for distance flight. Ammsdart also has a nice little sum of capital he obtained by selling out a poorly defended transport to a notorious pirate for a cut of the profits, and then selling out the pirate to group of Hercinean privateers for a cut of the pirate's stash.
- Personality: By one instructor, Ammsdart was described as "the only young man I know to be simultaneously a heretic and a saint." However, his closest instructor, believed him to be more "one who takes pleasure in using heretical means for saintly ends." Despite his social status, he is very much not above using bribery, espionage and other... distasteful methods of manipulating events to resolve the best possible outcome. He very much prefers guile to direct force, and counts his greatest victories those where he achieves his ends before the "battle" is actually fought.
- Skills: Ammsdart is, first and foremost, a practiced liar and a born manipulator. He'll never lie in a public setting though, at least not without informing the Doge beforehand. His skill with his blade is practiced, but not great what one would expect from the average noble. His real skill is in his wit.
- Bio: Ammsdart came from what was originally an offshoot of the main van Mencken line that moved to several generations ago. However, the main line perished about 12 years ago in what could be best described as a "political screw-up."
- Other: The family's coat of arms is a red, two-legged wyvern, with wings outstretched.
edited 16th Dec '11 6:12:41 PM by zzzdragon
- He's also rather good at potions, powders herbs and poisons.
- Skilled locksmith
- good escape artist
edited 16th Dec '11 6:58:31 PM by tricksterson
edited 16th Dec '11 8:21:03 PM by JustaUsername
edited 16th Dec '11 9:12:29 PM by daltar
edited 16th Dec '11 9:21:30 PM by NickTheSwing