Fridge Horror in your own works:
edited 8th Dec '11 1:31:53 PM by Masterofchaos
edited 8th Dec '11 4:38:08 PM by PDown
edited 9th Dec '11 4:37:11 PM by Rainbow
- Matthew's extremely high pain tolerance, combined with his Tyke Bomb training and Fake Memories. One reader commented that the trope combination basically gave her the chills. To be precise, her interpretation was that Matthew went through so much hellish training killing and violence is second nature to him, and then his training was conveniently erased from his memory by dad, but the instincts never went away...
- Nebiros. Consider his warped appearance, consider his insanity, and then think on how he was a perfectly normal kid before he hit the Despair Event Horizon. Body Horror barely covers what I implicitly made happen. A kid deformed and turned into a disgusting Monster Clown, the sheer bloody pain driving him insane. This all happened when Nebiros was sixteen, and happened because a bunch of sadistic bullies just didn't like how nerdy Nebiros was before that.
- Kyrio's powers. How many of Matthew's memories are his own, and were not manufactured or altered by his Magnificent Bastard father? Kyrio has a record with fucking with people's minds, and while he cares for Matthew, he is not above sadistic training.
- Angie Sephion and her clone sisters. These very funny and quirky characters engaged in war against their home country, and had no will of their own. Consider that Sandalphon was fond of commanding them to do very degrading tasks. Consider Sandalphon's record with women. Sandalphon looks 12. Ew barely covers it.
- Ocreus attacking Libya after the war with Gaddafi was done. He explicitly states he wants to destroy the best weapons humanity has to offer. He states he did everything necessary to force the United States to try to nuke him. The nuke was blasted out by Ocreus, and he laughed at it. We later find out Ocreus was mass produced...
- Consider that The Seer loves to pervert wishes into things that would leave people in a state of Body Horror, And I Must Scream or worse. He visits Samantha in her prison cell after she smothered Jackson White. She wished to be free...
You need to Get Known to get one of those.