Article Dumping: Writer's Block Edition:
edited 13th Nov '11 6:52:05 PM by chihuahua0
edited 13th Nov '11 7:07:16 PM by QQQQQ
edited 16th Nov '11 2:09:00 PM by chihuahua0
So, what do you think?
edited 17th Nov '11 2:24:08 PM by chihuahua0
- Here is one of Judith Searle's articles regarding story genres under the Enneagram.
- An overview of the Four Temperaments, an ancient (yet still relevant) way to view personality. Shakespeare used this.
- Our thread on the writing books we use.
- A repository of writing articles from Writer's Write(TM).
edited 17th Nov '11 5:07:15 PM by QQQQQ
edited 18th Nov '11 2:44:39 PM by chihuahua0
- Your New Best Friend: The Writing Cheat Sheet: This is a two-page cheat sheet with a buttload of references, from plots to characters.
- Daily Writing Tips: 50 Handy Expressions About Hands: Let me give you a guiding hand by handing this article on to you hand over fist.
- Mystery Writing is Murder: Spacing Books: Do you ever wonder why it takes two years for an author to release a book, if they're writing two series at once? This is why. The time between the final draft and the book being release is apparently a good amount of time. If only there is a way to narrow that time down...
- The Other Side of the Story: Why Am I Doing This Again? Plotting Through ďWhatís Next?Ē Part Two: Although I feel like Mrs. Hardy had posted something similar to this in the past, it's good to see it in a list. But the second-to-last question ("Are there any unconscious motivators at work?") raises my interest. What are the different type of motivators that can be at work? Love can be one. Maybe another goal influence's the character's choice. I'll keep this in mind.
- The Other Side of the Story: Thinking to Myself: Internalization 101: This is an older post, but I like the points, along with how the author used examples from her own book. Basically, adding a pinch of the narrator's own worldview can go a long way.
edited 21st Nov '11 3:42:53 PM by chihuahua0
- The Other Side of the Story: Guest Author Elle Strauss: Writing a Selling Query or Pitch in Four Easy Steps: Queries is a topic I'm always looking out for. Seeing an example of one helps. But having a how-to guide on how to write one with a simple but effective format pleases me. Perhaps I should use this format when I get to writing a query?
- The Writer's Resource: Tips For Writing In First Person POV: The Writer's Resource is a good...resource. It gathers up a good list of posts on one topic. Since both my recent project uses 1st person, this applies to me.
edited 22nd Nov '11 2:29:36 PM by chihuahua0
- Superhero Nation: Building Up Romance: On Thanksgiving, my watchlist was graced by this guest post article. It's a simple guide, but it covers the basic bases quite well. It only covers the romantic interactions though. I'm wondering how the "friendship" building part of the romance and the bonding works. Perhaps next article?
edited 24th Nov '11 7:34:09 PM by chihuahua0
edited 24th Nov '11 9:37:11 PM by nrjxll
edited 24th Nov '11 10:06:29 PM by NoirGrimoir