Even Further Notes On The Undeniable Crystals
Amongst the Gifts, their exists those that are more Curses then Gifts. Of these, their are the Madness Curses that affect that mind, representing where the Gifted's mind may have failed to adapt to the changes on their mind; the Curse of Delusions and the Curse of Rage being the most common and well known. However, these are overall generally rare among the Gifted population. It is telling that every Inevitable Crystal Bearer is sufferer of one or more, emerging in times of great stress, possibly as a result of the alien minds of the Crystal fusing with them, their minds adapting to a Gift that never emerges as the Crystal changes them for their own purposes or both.
When the Bearer draws on much of the Inevitable Crystal's power, they may begin channeling the voices of the Bearer's that came before them. Strangely, depending on the crystal they have the same thing to say.
"I am the herald that calls the end, the unstoppable entropy of the universe. I am the specter of Death that palls us all. I am Undeniable. I am Inevitable."
"I am the collector that taxes existence, the ultimate truth of life. I am the screams of Pain that echos through history forever. I am Undeniable. I am Inevitable."
Yellow: "I am the survival that rewards the fittest, the decisions of superior life. I am the one in Selfishness that stands above all. I am Undeniable. I am Inevitable."
"I am the light that shines the darkness, the giver of purpose to the universe. I am the bringer of Life that rules all things. I am Undeniable. I am Inevitable."
"I am the sensations that gives life meaning, the purpose of thought to shape existence into convenience. I am the dreams of Pleasure that all things wish for. I am Undeniable. I am Inevitable."
"I am the shoulders that bear the world's sufferings, the sacrifice of self laid down so others shall thrive. I am the virtue of Selflessness that all things strive to be. I am Undeniable. I am Inevitable."
"And I am here for you." May be added for extra intimidation.
Can ultimately vary. Other then the abilities draw from the crystals alone, the crystals are a source of raw that can be shaped and directed towards other pursuits, especially magic.
The Crystals need a living host, so undead don't work. Further, the bearers of the Red and Green Crystal, ironically, tend to agree that undead are abomination, a defiance of the proper order of death and life respectively.
Bits of the crystals broken off can impart a portion of the Crystal Bearer's power to those who have it placed in their body for temporary times. The shard dissolves as quickly as it takes for the bearer to regenerate the given piece. As it dissolves, it releases greater bursts of energy for the recipient to use.
Within their music lie an art that goes beyond music and is not simple magic but mental and half-way psychic. The art reaches its way deep into subconscious of the mind and searches for whatever the bard wishes to find. Music isn't the only thing can be used, painting, dancing and every other creative art. With these lie the power of senses and direction fused, to reach in and twist their heart. One can beleaguer their foes, fill their minds with visions of woes. To make a shopkeeper or a pretty lady gullible and more pliant to your words. To make your friends' doubt soluble under the vibration of your striking chords.
Bard's are masters of subliminal messages
, taking various means to subtly twist people's minds to their whims. It's usually important though one does not advertise this as then that breed resistance to their art as ignorance is one of their key weapons. To that end, 'bard' has been made into an entirely new word from one who uses art to manipulate the mind to one who uses art to manipulate the mind. Clever, isn't it? Any musician, actor, playwright, painter, dancer, etc may claim the title of bard and none the wiser.
Proposals of World Geography as by Goa #1
Please note each of these proposals as seperate votes, especially as some of them are mutually exclusive.
- 1a. 1 land mass of the same approximate area and over all length as the Americas with particular inspiration of shape to be given over to an upside-down Africa and Europe in its north and south portions respectively, henceforth to be known as the New Lands, the World Spine.
- 1b. 1 land mass of the same approximate area and over all length as the Americas as what ever shape we want it to be, henceforth to be known as the New Lands, the World Spine.
- 2a. 3 major oceans and 1 minor ocean to actual be mostly frozen ice as to be more of an ice mass located at one of the poles. Of the three major oceans, two shall be smaller then the other and of roughly equal size. These two will be to either side of the New Lands while the larger will be on the opposite side of the world.
- 2b. 3 major oceans and 1 minor ocean to actual be mostly frozen ice as to be more of an ice mass located at one of the poles. Of the three major oceans, two shall be greater then other and of roughly equal size. These two will be to either side of the New Lands while the smaler will be on the opposite side of the world.
- 2c. Just 2 major oceans thank you, making the Old Lands and the New Lands at roughly opposite points.
- 3. Nix the arctic ocean.
- 4. Add another minor ocean somewhere, ala the Indian Ocean.
- 5a. A number of 3 continents of roughly the same area as Africa, two of which will be close neighbor while the third will be by itself, separated by one of the major oceans. (Or, if two oceans, just less close then the other two)
- 5b. A number of 3 continents of roughly the same area as Africa, two of which will be actually touch by same strip of land. (The distance of the third is dependent on the number of oceans)
- 5c. A number of 3 continents of roughly the same area as Africa, two of which will be nearly be one continent ala Eurasia.
- 5d. A number of 3 continent of roughly the same area as Africa, two of which will be nearly one continent and the third connected by a strip of land. (This normally implies two oceans)
- 5e. A number of 3 continent of roughly the same area as Africa, all three of which will be connected to one another by thing strips of land in a line.
- 5f. A number of 3 continent of roughly the same area as Africa, all three of which will be connected to one another by thing strips of land in a circle.
- 6a. Make the continents in 5 a different size, like Asia.
- 6b. Make the continents in 5 a different size, like Australia.
- 7a. 3 continents the size of Australia spread out however.
- 7b. 5 continents the size of Australia spread out however.
- 7c. 10 continents the size of Australia spread out however. Normally implies no Africa sized ones.
- 7d. Just 1 Australia please.
- 8a. 3 continents the size of India spread out however.
- 8b. 5 continents the size of India spread out however.
- 8c. 10 continents the size of India spread out however. Normally implies no Africa sized ones.
- 8d. Just 1 India please.
- 9a. A dozen island chains the size of Japan.
- 9b. Hundreds of island chains the size of Japan.
- 9c. 100+12=112, 112/2=56. 56 island chains the size of Japan.
- 10. Lord knows how many smaller islands just... everywhere.
- 11a. Make the planet bigger but having less density so it somehow has the same gravity. That way we can fit like all the continents we want.
- 11b. Let's go crazy and say it has more gravity.
- 12. Okay, hear me out, hear me out. Let's take Earth, ok? Earth, listen to me, Earth and then, are you listening?, and then we flip it upside down. Viola.
Not the dearly departed.
They say life was born as a result of the interaction between the Aether and the Mortal. Well, by product resulted. Things like the Fae but inexplicably bound into the Material world while being immaterial themselves. Their life spans and natures vary wildly between instantaneous and everlasting. They come to inhabit places or objects, becoming the mind to their material body. Most consider this their birth, because before having a material body their was only darkness with no way to view the world before.
An entirely different being from the Terrestrial Spirit and the Fae, although they are often mistaken for one or the other. They are also known as 'Avatars', seperate self-aware pieces of a Celestials and/or sentient manifestations of their power. They each have a different take on the subject, such as Elena's spirit who act exactly as Terrestrial spirit, albeit very great ones.
Addendum to Lycanthrope Proliferation #1 ((I am not entirely satisfied with this))
, those bitten by lycanthropes are hardly guaranteed to transform. Instead, their bodies will try to fight it and if kept from the kiss of moonlight the lycanthropy venom cannot reach full fruition, although the victim may still die. Exposing ones self to moonlight is a gamble as studies suggest that those who would normally resist the virus and live will find that the virus coming to full fruition while their body still rejects it will result in their messy death. Those would die without moonlight have less to do with weakness and more genetic compatibility as the venom fuses with them and then dies without the moon and drags them with it.
Genetic compatibility is reliant on the origin of the particular strain of lycanthropy or just the origin of the particular lycanthrope, so be sure to ask a lycanthrope about their racial background after they've mauled you.
Addendum to Lycanthrope Proliferation #2 Or this.
Their is no venom to their bite, lycanthropy is inherited or passed by repetition of the original procedure.
edited 18th Mar '12 1:47:20 AM by God_of_Awesome