Question for people who've played through Baldur's Gate II (spoilers):
edited 12th Oct '11 7:57:36 PM by Heatth
- Killed all the trolls in de'Arnise Keep and was named the new Lord of the place so that Nalia wouldn't have to marry that guy she hates. I haven't been back there since, though, and I'll stop by as soon as I can to see if there are any new developments.
- Freed the slaves in the Copper Coronet and also the ones in the dry docked ship.
- Solved the mystery of who was killing and skinning people, although the killer escaped.
- Found the guy who was burying people alive and rescued the woman he and his accomplices were holding.
- Worked for Renal Bloodscalp to find evidence against Mae'var and then kill him.
- Saved Jaheira's life after Baron Ployer cursed her.
- Made the circus tent safe again.
- Rescued the guy who was mugged and poisoned, who turned out to be a Harper. Which led to Xzar approaching me, which led to the quest to rescue Montaron.
edited 13th Oct '11 12:49:15 PM by CaissasDeathAngel
edited 14th Oct '11 7:43:01 AM by KilgoreTrout
edited 14th Oct '11 7:48:36 AM by Talby
edited 14th Oct '11 12:16:57 PM by RedViking
edited 14th Oct '11 12:52:17 PM by KilgoreTrout
edited 15th Oct '11 12:25:27 AM by Talby
- I freed that mage who was imprisoned underground (after searching for the place he was buried I finally thought "Screw it, I'll just use the Freedom scroll where I am and hope for the best," and wouldn't you know it? He materialized a good distance away from me! Some range on that spell) and did the elemental quest for him.
- I actually SOLOED the balor without turning into the Slayer. I did get desperate enough to try the Slayer against him, and he was polite enough to finally die. Then I did a search for advice in the fight and found some. So I turned the AI off, had my main character walk up to where he'd be equipped with a +3 axe and some good drow plate. (My AC is now -8 total! Sucks that this stuff is gonna disintegrate as soon as I'm out of the Underdark.) I moved everybody else away, and had the following spells cast on me: Bless, Chant, Protection From Evil, Chaotic Commands, Negative Plane Protection (not sure if that helped since this guy doesn't level drain, but decided to be safe since he's from another plane) and Defensive Harmony, along with quaffing some Oil Of Speed and a Potion Of Fire Giant Strength. Then I summoned the motherfucker, tore into him while making sure nobody else joined in (since I didn't want him to fuck with their minds and there was only the one anti-mind-fucking spell available to the party, and also because aside from Minsc's Flail Of The Ages none of their weapons did anything to him), and ended up winning. So I guess my party's sufficiently high level for this place if we're capable of winning against somebody like that.
- Made the mistake of going into illithid territory. Got knocked out, captured, and forced to fight three Umber Hulks. Then got locked up again and told that the next fight would happen soon. I looked for ways to open the doors; couldn't pick the locks. I tried to save the game, and it said I couldn't save at that time. I waited around for the next fight until Viconia and Jaheira both started complaining about how we were standing still too long and thought "Okay fine, let's go to sleep!" And it said I couldn't rest either! I waited a little longer and finally thought "Fuck this, I'm gonna load an earlier game and come back when I get something that I might be able to bust out of this cell with." I'll try to figure this one out on my own, but if I can't then I'll ask for your help.
edited 15th Oct '11 5:37:11 PM by KilgoreTrout
edited 17th Oct '11 4:19:48 PM by KilgoreTrout
edited 19th Oct '11 4:29:15 PM by Talby
- Me (a bard, not sure what kit I'm gonna choose yet)
- Edwin (as soon as I can get him)
- Cernd (primarily to heal, since based on his 12 Wisdom it doesn't look like Anomen can do it all himself)
- Imoen (when I can get her, possibly Nalia before that, or Keldorn if I can count on him to not attack the evil people)
edited 19th Oct '11 5:46:03 PM by KilgoreTrout