TV Tropes Org

Forums

search forum titles
google site search
Total posts: [1,096]  1 ... 39 40 41 42 43
44

SBURG - Round 2: Another Homestuck RP:

 1076 Rivux, Tue, 31st Jul '12 3:12:41 PM from my very own Joey JoJo Get RP Mod Relationship Status: I get a feeling so complicated...
Fake Star
'''Nita: Lament lo-

No, she's too busy getting over the fact that her life has been spared thanks to the age old "giant can't fit in the mousehole cave" thing. Come back in a few commands.

Nita: Rest

You sit down against a wall while your heart catches up to what it just went through.

Nita: Check on Beat

It has been a while, hasn't it? You open up the computer monitor on your hat and check to see if you can see him. You wonder what he's been up to.

Nita: Lament loss of scissors

Ooh, that's right. Thinking of Beat made you think of the scissors he sent you which in turn made you think of the SHEARS OF PULCHRITUDE. Sadly, they were lost when the giant slab of rock landed on the Basilisk. If you had more energy to cry about it you would make a disappointed sound.
My right elbow has never been touched by my right hand.
 1077 Meta-ridley, Wed, 1st Aug '12 8:20:24 AM from right behind you. Get RP Mod
Yep, they play music too
Mike: Perform x2 eye-blast combo!

Ummmm.

You fly upwards and towards the giclops so that you reach it much quicker than it would expect you to. Then as begin to go over the beast you fire another shot into the already wounded eye.


Robin: Defend

You strike the imp that has leapt towards you with your rapier, exploding it into grist. You begin to let out a series of strikes with your rapier at any imps that comes to close. However, as the imps begin to overwhelm you, you realise that won't be able to keep this up for much longer.

Robin: Respond to Alexandra

Respond is probably not the correct word, more like your thoughts bleed through into the conversation that your HATTOP opened.

HH: Ok, thrust, thrust, (LEFT)! That's fine now... Another thrust, (those are enormous claws!). Thrust, thrust...

Your text continues thusly as you were concentrating too hard to notice that someone was talking to you.

edited 1st Aug '12 9:43:54 AM by Meta-ridley

Ashe?

Really?

Sad Little Try-hard.
 1078 Flanker 66, Fri, 3rd Aug '12 2:45:48 PM from The Cockpit of a Celestial Get RP Mod Relationship Status: I like big bots and I can not lie
Manei Domini
>Renner: Be electrified

A-agh!

For a moment it feels like your world goes white as electricity lances its' way through your body, causing extraordinary pain. You only just manage to shake off the worst of it as the ogre lunges for you.

Uh oh.

>Renner: Acrobatify

In one swift movement you jump backwards and clear the claw, even managing a sweet backflip before landing. You can feel the occasional spasm as your body deals with the residual effects of the electrocution, but you can do this. You're the Count of Death, after all!

>Renner: Attack!

Moving your crappy scythe in a way that you're sure looks awesome to anyone watching, you try to hop on to the beast's claw as a method of getting at its' head. Assuming you succeed, you'll try to hit him in the head.
Locking you up on radar since '09

Sing to the ocean in the afternoon haze,

Up the iron pillars, rise in the waves
 1079 Lemurian, Sun, 5th Aug '12 1:37:51 PM from Touhou fanboy attic Get RP Mod Relationship Status: Sinking with my ship
Mounted Knight
>DD: Air some thoughts on the subject of suits

As far as I can tell it's because your pajamas are meant to be symbolic and allude to your roles as "Dreamers".

Meanwhile, me being in the priviledged situation of being an antagonist in the process of thing, well, I'm contracted to look cool.

...until the Queen decides I'd look good in one of those silly get-ups that symbolize all the prototypings.

>Be a gracious host

As you descend the tower, you start moving towards a nice and peaceful cafe some ways off.

Would you like a cup of coffee?

I have been away for a while, and you just can't get the good blends out there.


>Alexandra: Be of assistance

You search the immediate area around Robin and find a DRAPERY hanging off a wall.

>Execute blackout

You DROP the DRAPERY onto the heads of some IMPS.
Not Literally Me
You will need to acquire another key. Unfortunately this one will prove slightly harder to acquire, as it both does not exist yet and has already been destroyed, as a result of yet more 'temporal shenanigans'.

You will need to forge the key yourselves. To do so you must gather the requisite components from three separate lands within the Medium, including this one and that of your friend the Prince of Time, whose role you seem so keen to dismiss.

First of all, I would speak to your sprite. It has a gift for you, and without it you will not be able to return here to release me once you have crafted the key.


Renner's scythe catches the Ogre in the centre of the forehead, the tip of the curved blade driving deep into the Sheriff's skull, killing the brute instantly. The underling collapses into grist, and Renner rockets up his echeladder to the dizzyingly-low rank of AZRAEL'S UNDERSTUDY.

Boondollars fly.

The griffon looks on with an impressed look on his face.

WelL, i KneW i WaS on TO sOMETHINg, BuT i Didn'T eXPECt YoU to DO qUITe SO wELl. CongratulationS.


The giclops reels from the second shot to the eye, and stumbles backwards. Thsi turns out to be a bad idea, as it trips on one of the pothole in the camp and tumbles backwards. With an almighty crash, the titan lands on the ground. Groaning, wounded and fallen, it doesn't look like the massive underling will be getting up again.


The drapes are sufficient in tangling up and catching the imps as they approach Robin, even knocking a winged imp out of the air and throwing it down the stairwell. This is sufficient to control and suppress the wave of imps pursuing Robin up the stairs, giving him time to press upwards.


> Dream!Eric: Accept offer of coffee.

You're not sure if drinking coffee while asleep is a good or bad idea, but you'll be happy to have some if only because the imps made off with your special blend back at the house.

"All right."

"My condolences about the dress code, though. That sounds absolutely terrible."

As you walk over towards the cafe, a thought comes into your head,

"So, tell me about this Queen of yours. What's she like?"

"One thing, though- apparently the eldest goat is the bastard child of Muhammad Ali and the Hulk." ~ Exelixi, on The Three Billy Goats Gruff.
 1081 l3wt, Wed, 8th Aug '12 11:49:58 AM from Land of Hills and Fjords Get RP Mod Relationship Status: Get out of here, STALKER

edited 23rd Sep '12 9:37:19 AM by l3wt

When in deadly danger,

When beset by doubt,

Run in little circles,

Wave your arms and shout.
 1082 Meta-ridley, Wed, 8th Aug '12 1:31:46 PM from right behind you. Get RP Mod
Yep, they play music too
Mike: Finish thi-

Done before.

Mike: Kill it

Sounds awful, but ok.

This giclops is pretty much out for the count now but you need the grist.

You slowly bring yourself a little closer to have a better shot, take a quick guess as to where it's heart is, and then fire off three harpoons in that area.

Hopefully at least one will strike gold.

Or red.


Robin: Make good use of your situation

Why of course!

You leave the imps falling over themselves in the darkness and continue running up the stairs. When you reach the top, you slam the door behind you.

Robin: Realise someone is talking to you

HH: Sorry about that! I was quite busy there, but I guess, seeing that you were the one I think you dropped the drapery on the imps, you already knew that?

HH: What can I help you with?
Ashe?

Really?

Sad Little Try-hard.
 1083 Flanker 66, Wed, 8th Aug '12 1:43:25 PM from The Cockpit of a Celestial Get RP Mod Relationship Status: I like big bots and I can not lie
Manei Domini
>Renner: Celebrate

Aw yeah! With your new position as AZRAEL'S UNDERSTUDY, you just know you're going up in the world. And even the mightiest level 20 mage has got to start somewhere, right? Things are looking good!

You decide to undertake a celebratory dance, incorporating all of the moves you know (read: not that many)... but then you hear the griffon's comments and quickly sober up.

>Renner: Enquire

U-uh... I'm glad to be of s-service. S-so, what do we d-do now?
Locking you up on radar since '09

Sing to the ocean in the afternoon haze,

Up the iron pillars, rise in the waves
 1084 lightdarkhero 250, Wed, 8th Aug '12 10:36:40 PM from Somewhere Get RP Mod Relationship Status: I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me
>Steve: Decide.

Well, if your friend says it's alright, you can only assume it's alright. Though, of course, you'll take necessary precautions to make sure you don't suddenly end up dead some way or another.

You casually walk towards the temple, keeping your eyes peeled for any ambushes; It's been some time since you encountered anything so far, and if you know anything about games it's that a tranquil calm leads way to a ferocious storm. Or something.

>:Enter.

I'm a ghost, you didn't see me.
 1085 Lemurian, Thu, 9th Aug '12 2:35:50 PM from Touhou fanboy attic Get RP Mod Relationship Status: Sinking with my ship
Mounted Knight
>DD: Order coffee, then answer the pyjama Prince

You signal the waiter from across the room to bring you two coffees

Well, what to say? She's a very firm woman; knows what she wants and how to get it.
Likes to be in control. Doesn't let anything slip past her.
That said, she's got a strange temper and something of a sadistic streak. Just ask my boss.
...actually, don't. He'll probably kill you for reminding him.

>DD: Be served coffee

What do you call that sorry excuse for a command? It's not like something you can-

Lucky for the player, the Dersite waiter serves your CUPS OF COFFEE. They are both very black, and a nice aroma wafts from the midnight depths of the BLACK BREW. Now you are truly returned.

The waiter places MILK and SUGAR on the table, but you leave them for your guest. Like a true Dersite, you take yours black.


>Alexandra: Celebrate the success of your stratagem with a silly dance

You do no such thing. However, you permit yourself a satisfied smile.

>Talk to Robin

MM: I am fine, thank you.
MM: I merely wished to update myself on your situation, and also inquire upon your degree success with the new hand.
MM: Is everything all right?
 1086 Meta-ridley, Mon, 13th Aug '12 6:07:09 AM from right behind you. Get RP Mod
Yep, they play music too
Robin: Respond

HH: Yes, thank you, everything is going more or less as it should, apart from all of the monsters.

HH: My new hand has proven (very) useful. In fact it makes fighting ogres (much) easier!

HH: At the moment I'm trying to find a dersite ship so I can speak to the pilot as he may be the only one who can help me.
Ashe?

Really?

Sad Little Try-hard.
 1087 Lemurian, Fri, 17th Aug '12 2:41:56 PM from Touhou fanboy attic Get RP Mod Relationship Status: Sinking with my ship
Mounted Knight
MM: I see. That sounds like a recommended line of actions.
MM: Though, before you leave, may I ask if you have during your time in your Land seen or heard anything that might be of importance to your overarching questline, or possibly the quests of the others?
MM: There may be clues hidden everywhere, and anything might be interesting although it may not appear as such to begin with.
Not Literally Me
> Beat: School this upstart in the hallowed art of slam poetry.

As the Eager Duellist looses his ill-judged, poorly-executed, inspiration-starved excuse for a battle rap, your eyes harden. That was an insult, not just to you, not just to rap, but to the entire idea of music, rhythm, rhyme and speech. You loosen up, feeling the righteous flow running through your muscles. Lyrics and rhymes spring up in your mind unaided, pairing up to create your repertoire for your next verse. You are ready to lyrically sear this son of a bitch like a prime fillet of tuna in the hands of a skilled Japanese sushi chef.

You close your eyes momentarily to get a sense of the ambient beat, knowing that when you open them, you're going to utterly destroy this gaudy, arrogant twit.

Shame that you don't open your eyes again.

> Beat: Wake up.

You wake up to an earful of screechy chiropteran scat.

ELLABATSPRITE: ASKEEBADOOBEEDOOWOW BAPADEE BADOO WA.

BEAT: I haven't got a clue what you just said~

ELLABATSPRITE: WADOOBABA DEEBIDIBIBIDEE POW!

BEAT: Forget it. I suppose I owe you one for getting me out of that terrible rap battle~

BEAT: Good job, I guess~ Good bat, best jazz singer~

The sprite points over at the computer. Looking over, you see the bold, flashing words 'SERVER-CLIENT CONNECTION RESTORED'. You suppose that means Nita is watching you again. As such, you get pestering.

MM: So I see you're spying on me again Nita~

MM: Sorry, but I was just catching some zs~

MM: Not the most interesting thing to watch~


> D!Eric: Drink up.

You add milk and a single sugar, stirring gently as you inhale the fumes rising off the coffee. Dignitary knows his coffee, that's for sure. He's clearly taken you to the classiest and most expensive cafe in the town. You take a drink, even though you judge the coffee is a little too hot to drink properly yet, forcing yourself not to wince. That clarifies something quite important you'd meant to test- you can feel pain here, and it won't wake you up. You don't want to show weakness, or your own lack of knowledge, in front of the Dignitary, so you swallow.

You make sure to sip the rest of the drink until it cools down.

"Your boss? I figured you'd be the self-employed type."


WelL, tECHNICALLy SpeakinG yOUVe FreeD tHe TowN fROm OppressioN. yOu NeeD aNYTHINg, YoU cAn ComE bACk HerE fOr IT.

bUt IF yOu WanT to ReallY hELp YoulL hAVe TO fINd ThE dENIZEn AnD gEt IT to CalL oFf ItS dOGs. OnE wAy OR aNOTHEr.

tHe DenizeN bEINg ThE cREATURe WhicH rULEs OveR tHe UnderlingS on ThiS wORLd. THANATOS, TheY cALl HiM.


> Temple: Dramatic scene reveal.

The Inside of the temple is dark, though not particularly ominous. It gives the place a secretive, mysterious air, but it seems as if the darkness simply conceal the temple itself, not anything untoward lurking within it. The stone walls, now overgrown with moss and slick with condensation, are chiselled with pictures of frogs, spirographs and swirling, multi-branched spirals.

As Steve heads further into the heart of the temple, small eyes seem to peer out of the darkness at him. Rounded green heads gleam in what little light permeates the ruins' interior. Steve's eyes can't quite penetrate the gloom, but the small figures seem suddenly to be everywhere, dozens of them skulking in the darkness ahead of him. One of them raises its voice.

is t#at #im? t#e SEER?

There is a collective mutter of strange-sounding, alien voices. None of the creatures move.


"One thing, though- apparently the eldest goat is the bastard child of Muhammad Ali and the Hulk." ~ Exelixi, on The Three Billy Goats Gruff.
 1089 Rivux, Tue, 4th Sep '12 3:34:16 PM from my very own Joey JoJo Get RP Mod Relationship Status: I get a feeling so complicated...
Fake Star
PP: I dunno, it does seem kinda funny to watch a grown man in a spandex psudeo space suit completely zone out.
PP: Anyway, what've you been up to?
PP: It feels like ages since we've last talked!
My right elbow has never been touched by my right hand.
 1090 lightdarkhero 250, Wed, 5th Sep '12 6:43:14 PM from Somewhere Get RP Mod Relationship Status: I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me
Steve: Answer.

You are somewhat intimidated at the dozens of eyes peering through the darkness, but not enough not to reply. Of course, he was hoping that being a Seer was the right answer, otherwise...Well, he had the exit right behind him, too be sure.

STEVE: Uh...Yeah. I'm the seer...I think...

STEVE:...I mean...I can't really see much, but I'm supposed too I guess?...
I'm a ghost, you didn't see me.
 1091 Lemurian, Fri, 14th Sep '12 1:42:41 AM from Touhou fanboy attic Get RP Mod Relationship Status: Sinking with my ship
Mounted Knight
>DD: Reveal the truth of your employment

He's the leader of us four Archagents.
His name is Jack Noir.
And he is the most violent man I have ever met.
I suggest you try to stay on his good side for as long as you can.
Or no purple pyjamas will be able to save you.

edited 14th Sep '12 1:49:50 AM by Lemurian

Not Literally Me
> D!Eric's Eyebrows: Rise up.

"All right. I'll be sure to stay in Mr. Noir's good books. I think liberal lashings of blood red are just about the only thing that could make this get-up look any worse."

"So if the Queen's the evil overlady, and Noir's the crazy right hand man, what does that make you? What's your role in the villain club hierarchy?"


MM: Yeah, I guess you're right, I'm still easily the most entertaining thing going on at the moment~

MM: BUT nothing's really happened down here~

MM: Some asshole with a clock fetish keeps telling me I'll die if I go through the Gate~

MM: And I've got some asshole poltergeist messing with my head and trying to get me to hurt things...

MM: :| So yeah, it's been a while.~


t#e seer...

The glistening black eyes hang, still, in the air for a second, and then the creatures degenerate into a mad frenzy of motion, sprinting towards Steve in a crazed rush.

...Then they all kneel at his feet, heads bowed in reverence.


The Giclops all but explodes into Grist with the final blow. What few underlings remain scurry away, desperate to get away from the hero that just slew their most valuable ally.

With such a mighty foe defeated, Mike practically rockets up his echeladder, to the vaunted rank of WILL SHAKESPEARE'S PROOF OF CONCEPT.

"True, This! —
The pen is mightier than the sword. Behold
The arch-enchanters wand! — itself a nothing! —
But taking sorcery from the master-hand
To paralyse the Cæsars, and to strike
The loud earth breathless! — Take away the sword —
States can be saved without it!"

~ legendary English playwright and one-time Bard of Word, William Shakespeare.

edited 30th Sep '12 2:36:43 PM by MadeOfAxes

"One thing, though- apparently the eldest goat is the bastard child of Muhammad Ali and the Hulk." ~ Exelixi, on The Three Billy Goats Gruff.
 1093 Rivux, Mon, 1st Oct '12 6:06:57 AM from my very own Joey JoJo Get RP Mod Relationship Status: I get a feeling so complicated...
Fake Star
PP: Oh...
PP: Geez, I'm sorry.
PP: Though to be honest I think I'd prefer getting hassled than to fighting huge ginormous monsters.
PP: But enough of that, what do you mean by an "asshole with a clock fetish"?
PP: And that you'd die?
My right elbow has never been touched by my right hand.
 1094 Meta-ridley, Sun, 7th Oct '12 8:49:48 AM from right behind you. Get RP Mod
Yep, they play music too
Mike: Strike dramatic pose!

No.

Please?

No.

Fine then, go to sleep?

Zzzzzzzzzzz.


Robin: Answer in the negative

HH: I'm sorry, I have not. However I (will) keep a good look out for anything like that.

HH: Now as much as I would like to continue our discussion I do have work to do.

HH: And also a large horde of imps behind me.

HH: I will see you later, hopefully.

You close pesterchum and turn to the door. You wonder how long it will take for the imps to reach your level.

edited 7th Oct '12 8:50:06 AM by Meta-ridley

Ashe?

Really?

Sad Little Try-hard.
 1095 Lemurian, Sun, 7th Oct '12 1:03:04 PM from Touhou fanboy attic Get RP Mod Relationship Status: Sinking with my ship
Mounted Knight
MM: Understood. Good luck.

==>

You close the CONVERSATION WITH ROBIN. It's time you proceeded with your own QUEST. The next objective, you recall, is defeating the DENIZEN of this world. For such an impressive opponent, you will require more LEVELS as well as better ARMAMENTS and ARMOUR. It is time to start grinding.

>Say farewell to the Angel

Thank you for your help, Angel. I will be going now to continue my quest.


>DD: Introduce yourself properly

I'm an Archagent.
That means I'm one of the Black Queen's highest-ranking agents, second only to Jack himself.
I do various jobs.
Keeping the peace, watching over important things...
...and I get to welcome you guys and not kill you.
 1096 lightdarkhero 250, Sun, 7th Oct '12 6:46:57 PM from Somewhere Get RP Mod Relationship Status: I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me
Steve was slightly taken aback by the creatures, but smiled laxly, realizing they weren't a threat. They kind of look liked those strange, generic oval headed green aliens you usually see on some alien conspiracy theorist's shirt or something.

STEVE: Uh...nice to meet you guys...Just to get it out of the way, name's Steven and I see stuff, I guess.

>: Actually do something productive for once.

You suppose you should ask the creatures for some kind of objective, after all, it's not like you've got anything better to do on this grassy, crater-filled rock.

STEVE: So...do you guys have any Seer stuff for me to do? Cause...I guess I should be all kinds of into this seeing thing I keep hearing about.
I'm a ghost, you didn't see me.
The system doesn't know you right now, so no post button for you.
You need to Get Known to get one of those.
Total posts: 1,096
 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43
44


TV Tropes by TV Tropes Foundation, LLC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from thestaff@tvtropes.org.
Privacy Policy