Troperia Galactica - Intergalactic Discussion Forum:
- The mostly speak their own, slightly modified version of English. Their way of speaking is a tad faster than normal.
- They have three major companies which develop big ships, one which provides shielding technology, another which provides general tech for them, three more companies which work on smaller ships, from individual craft like fighters all the way to freighters and finally another company which makes custom order ships based on components developed by the other companies used under license contracts.
- One of the big ships companies has developed a weapon designed to deal with enemy shielding. It works by shooting various small pellets of disruptive materials at an area of the shield at the same time as a powerful high penetration projectile is shot at the middle of the area.
- Due to this many companies, each with their own design philosophies, goals, methods and technology, a Lancel fleet is a really disharmonious spectacle of wildly different designs.
- Due to this separation and the rivalries of the competing companies, they tend to highly specialize in a certain area while being quite average in others. A company which specializes in medium cruisers with shield disrupting technology will be the best in their field, but their laser turrets will be highly sub par compared to their rivals which do specialize in these turrets.
- The only time when most of all the rival companies of space faring vessels have come together to work on a single project was on a highly supervised order by the Empress herself for 3 dreadnoughts. These stand to this day as the pride of the Lancel fleet.
- Lancel companies which develop military tech are highly competitive among themselves. They fight against each other on all grounds possible, in the financial world as well as conducting company espionage and lead commando-like sabotage missions. Due to this, the big factories as well as the research lab tend to have the same amount of security as a military base.
- The elite of the Lancel on foot fighting forces tend have very extensive cybernetic transformations. Like, replacing everything from the waist down with cybernetic legs for added speed, mobility, etc.
- The actual army of the Lancel Empire is small compared to that of other empires. They keep a minimum standing force and beyond that, they sell either finished ships or build to specifications for other states.
- The Lancel population is also low in comparison with other states. Their birth rates are low due to a variety of reasons.
- The typical grunt Lancel soldier is less combat capable than those of most nations. They lack focus and discipline, though they tend to have quite a bunch of different and sometimes useless skills.
- Lancel engage then are often won in the laboratories which develop the technology which tends to make up for the Lancel's low numbers and general low quality grunt troops.
- Still, it must be taken into consideration that while the usual low rank grunt in the Lancel military tend to not be worth much, as you go up the chain of command and find some specialized units, efficiency and skill sharply rise.
edited 31st May '12 11:37:30 PM by SOCR