- Elsa is a brash, arrogant, reckless twat: She's willing to put lives on the line with only an Indy Plot of hers, often improvising without any idea of how to go on. It usually pays off because she's a good tactician and can play Xanatos Speed Chess appropriately when things get really tough, but still.
- Empress Sayuri refrains from pointless cruelty, keeps her State Sec in line, and most of the questionable stuff she does is in order to protect her stretched-thin, civil-war-prone, chaotic empire. She is paranoid, authoritarian and ruthless, yea: It kinda goes with the job. In her personal life, she's a peaceful, loving person. She's put in a position where only a Well-Intentioned Extremist can survive. Her bad judgment calls are explainable: The Swarm targets her worlds first and more extensively, her belief that the Thousand Suns' enemy powers are somehow weaponizing the threat is easy to understand.
edited 26th Sep '11 9:03:27 PM by kashchei
|And better than thy stroke; why swellest thou then?|
- Zaran: Arrogant and airheaded person who puts on an appearance of niceness but deep down is a very violent person. Also, a demon.
- Howard: Messes with powers beyond his understanding to gain more power.
- Phil: Unremarkable person who gets into things way over his head.
- Professor Armitage: Puts other people in mortal danger to solve issues he's unable to handle by himself.
- The priest: A person who is taking the necessary steps to protect people from danger/A Knight Templar who tries to kill anything that he considers "monsters", regardless if they're actually done anything wrong (he does a Heel–Face Turn in the story, so both of those are actually correct in-universe).
- The Herald of the Outer Gods: A being on a mission from higher powers, seeking to restore the rightful rulers of the world.
- Tolliver: a spineless, effeminate coward who's left more than one person to die.
- Vyce: The fantasy equivalent of a half-black Klansman.
- Nika: A petty thief with no sense of honor.
- Meg: A cannibalistic murderer who no longer considers herself human.
- The Tyrant: A burned-out former idealist who destroyed a corrupt society from the inside.
edited 27th Sep '11 7:31:19 PM by Anfingrimm
Oh god i sounded like someone from the bible belt there, scary, and since none of you have read the book yet it actually sounds like he might be really evil after all, despite in verse not even really being an anti-hero.
edited 28th Sep '11 12:46:46 PM by jasonwill2
edited 28th Sep '11 7:04:26 PM by JHM
edited 16th Apr '14 11:04:18 AM by ArlaGrey
A nagging, wishy-washy stick in the mud who caves to peer pressure like a sand castle to the sea. Craves popularity and is willing to suck up for it. Hates change, fearful, unconfident.
- Gustave Chiumbo - A violent sadist who flies into a rage at the slightest provocation.
- Dr. James Zanasiu - A fanatic who has no respect for laws, other people's property or sometimes even lives.
- Alfred Byford - A somewhat slow man who does most of his thinking and talking with his fists.
- Dr. Johnson Zenarchis - A visionary scientist who wishes to help shorten the duration of wars.
- Keegan O'Neill - A brave and loyal man who will stand up for his ideals and friends even in the face of danger.
edited 9th Oct '11 10:16:16 PM by DialgaX
edited 10th Oct '11 3:15:02 PM by Kazegen
edited 10th Oct '11 7:54:07 PM by Tidal_Wave_17
- Vinicio Acquati: A womanizing Mad Scientist who will happily eschew any and all codes of ethics in pursuit of 'knowledge'.
- Matthias Cline: An actor whose mental 'unwellness' and vision loss has left him an ineffective member of society.
- Elijah Cline: An unstable, psychopathic madman- and terrible artist -who regularly teeters on the edge of snapping and needs to be cloistered away to protect society.
- Raphael Cline: A weak so-called 'scientist' who dared to denounce God and yet can't stand on his own.
- A sneaky cabal of mad scientists bent on overthrowing every legitimate government in the world and replacing them with an order of their own design.
- A narcissistic billionaire who thinks money and power can replace love. Ignores democratically created rules because she can afford it and makes profit from debauchery that is only legal because the government is corrupt(ed by her). Completely hypocritical and maintains a facade of respectable business because it's more profitable that way. Would sell Che Guevara t-shirts "if the market wasn't saturated already". Has an unhealthy obsession with her dead mother yet didn't accept her choices even when she was alive because she "knows better". Trying to take over the world and not very subtle about it. Thinks these are her strengths, not flaws. Is an internet troll.
- A schizoid sociopath who is so far alienated from humanity and everything good in life that she doesn't even realize what she's missing. Treats people like objects and gets away with it. Trying to take over the world.
- A terrorist and murderer who is ready to ruin humanity's hopes of a better future simply in a childish act of defiance against his duty.
- A politician who openly advocates lying to other people when trying to become an ethically better person. Involved in attempts to take over the world.
- A ninety-year-old furry fan and a horrible judge of character who is nonetheless trying to take over the world.
- A promisc- no, pansexual sl- no, let's try to look for something that could actually be considered bad... a drug user who drives a motorcycle with an internal combustion engine. Also probably a closet ephebophile and has no ambition because she doesn't have plans in any way related to someone taking over the world. Even slacked off a couple of days in the last eight years. Considers her own pleasure and convenience more important than even the lives of people she doesn't know personally despite being fully aware of it.
- A sentient being who simply wants to help other sentient beings have values that lead to success instead of failure.
- A hero of diversity who simply wants different values to be at least accepted in the future.
- A martyr who willingly sacrifices his own future to defend justice probably 99% of humanity would agree with.
- A doctor with a sense of ethics which doesn't allow her to perform a hysterectomy on an unhinged eleven-year-old.
- A honest hard-working man who wants people to be more cheerful and who only urinated in an elevator once when he was really drunk.
edited 11th Oct '11 5:13:42 PM by ChurchillSalmon
- Noah: A self centred, egotistical, compulsive liar who would consider his own friends expendable if it meant saving his own life.
- Christine: A selfish thief, who would stab her own fiance in the back for a good pay-check.
- Virgil: An intelligent, sophisticated man who has a plan for everything. Cares a lot about his family.
You need to Get Known to get one of those.