my suggestionNow this is my suggestion I don't claim in anyway that this is the best idea. In fact I am sure you guys will polish or make even better ideas.
Credit systemI suggest a credit system.You will need to spend credits to get critiques and critique yourself to earn credits. It would have the following rules:
- Easier to spend credits harder than earning them. ex you spend 3 credits for getting a critique.But you only earn 1 credit for critiquing the same work.
- The value on the work would depend on the number of words. Ex 300 words= 1 credit.
- You get doble credits for criquing ignored works (3 months or more)
- Every critique gets at least 1 credit. But If the author liked your critique he can give you part of his credits.
- Long and well tough critiques can get a x1.5 multiplier in credits. Short and vage critiques(one liners) get a x.5 penalty, of the ammount of credits they would normally earn for that work.
- More than one people can critique the same work.Cloning critiques is prohibited.
- Relies on honesty to count credits. If people abuse the system they lose credits.Constant abuse and they get ignored until they get 10 credits (to pay their right to particapate again).
edited 17th Aug '11 10:51:41 AM by FallenLegend
edited 17th Aug '11 10:39:30 AM by OhSoIntoCats
are you volunteering to moderate this system?If nessesary yes. But my idea is a system that functions with the less (if any)amount of moderation possible
Because it sounds complicated;Not really, don't worry.It looks complicated for all the subrules put to stop abuse. It's just pur capitalistic system simplified. It's basically buying/spending like buying a candy bar.
Are you going to retroactively add up peoples' totals?I am thinkig on either relying on honesty or moderating the totals in a google document for public acsses and closed to edition except for a few trusted people.
Are you going to count things reviewed elsewhere?Nope, that would hurt the system unfortunately. This could be easily abused.Only site reviews.
How are you going to penalize people who break the rules? Etc.I want to rely if possible in honesty.If not we may need to rely on arbiters Minor offenses lose credits (ex lying in the amount of credits). Major offenders/people with no credits get ignored until they pay pack their right to post again. Example 25 credits
edited 17th Aug '11 10:54:42 AM by FallenLegend
edited 17th Aug '11 11:31:56 AM by jewelleddragon
edited 17th Aug '11 12:52:52 PM by OhSoIntoCats
edited 17th Aug '11 1:44:28 PM by FallenLegend
- 1: Post a short (two paragraph) synopsis of the work in question in the nascent "Dating Service" tread.
- 2: Wait.
- 1: Read through all the synopses until they find one that interests them.
- 2: PM the writer, let them know they have a critic who's interested.
- Writers are allowed one synopsis per thread page. Anything more is spamming.
- Writers are not to PM critics unless a prior arrangement has been made. Critics decide whether or not they wish to read a writer's materal.
- No posts other than writer synopses.*
- Keep your synopsis short; two midsize paragraphs at most. The goal here is to interest someone in your work, not tell them all about it.
~Cora M. Strayer~
edited 17th Aug '11 5:47:36 PM by USAF713
edited 17th Aug '11 5:48:49 PM by drunkscriblerian
~Cora M. Strayer~
edited 17th Aug '11 6:02:59 PM by USAF713
~Cora M. Strayer~
edited 17th Aug '11 5:57:55 PM by USAF713