We Are Our Action Avatars (Discussion):
- Before you read the rules below, read this.
- 1. If your going to have a plot, you have to outline it to us before you apply it to the RP proper no matter how big or small it is.
- 2. The RP can hold up to a limited number of simultaneous plots.
- 3. Don't godmode. If you have questions, ask, and we'll determine what is fair.
- 4. Note that even though WAOAA and WAOA both share the same universe, any cross-plots are to be carefully planned in both discussion threads, with permission of the affected characters' players.
- 5. After one or two plots are finished, let our characters cool down for the moment. Having danger surrounding them all the time can be really stressful in-universe and to most players.
- 6. No Metagaming, please.
- 7. DO NOT GO RAILROADING CHARACTERS/PLAYERS INTO YOUR OWN PLOTS OR INTERACTING WITH THEM WITHOUT ASKING PERMISSION. It's rude, it can lead to massive confusion, and it smacks of recklessness. If you want to get somebody to join in a plot, make sure they are fully on board with your idea before you try to go forward with it. If you want your characters to do something with a certain character, make sure the player that plays that character has given you their full consent. Do not jump the gun under any circumstances. Also, do not integrate other player's characters into your character's backstory without permission given beforehand. It has a high probability of causing massive continuity issues, in addition to being...rude.
- 8. There is no absolute GM here but we don't tolerate chronic rulebreakers or troublemakers here.
- 9. Regarding HSAU characters, we're limiting it to 1 per player, 2 as long as it is still less then half your roster, and you have to bus one to get another slot.
- 10. Due to a long painful history, complaints, insults, and outright arguments are greatly discouraged. If you have a problem regarding the RP, write it in a form of a critique or simply state it politely and we must reply them without letting our emotions or egos get in the way. The discussion is a place to analyze and solve problem, not to make them worse and degenerate into bickering. Remember the main purpose this place, discussions.
- 11. Every one that joins the group is given a free radio, no exceptions.
- 12. Any thing involving the "Whole Multiverse" will instantly be rejected, no exceptions, due to not working as a concept, you can't have all of an infinite set where every one is different, and because the players them selfs hate the idea of any thing affecting every thing. Every dimension, everything is just a mere speck to an endless existence itself. It's not going to work in WAOA, it's not going to work here either.
- 12-A. We are open to you resubmitting said plot, reworked to not be as bighuge, but if you can't, then we will not accept or play it.
In regards to characters power levels, here are a few guidelines:
- No chacter who's destructive power rivals the power of a nuclear bomb, those are the highest option we have in a plot, and devaluing there use is not allowed.
- No charetcer who can create objects out of thin air, some times the G Ms want to impose a resource restriction, or for various other reasons ex: needing a key for a door, these types of powers can wholy break those plots.
- No instant healing, while most of the time we like charecters to get healed after injuries there are cases where for story or dramatic tension we want those injuries to stick, instant healing just imposes massive fridge logic on those situations.
edited 16th Jan '15 4:17:39 PM by MrKirb
edited 7th Jul '11 4:02:07 PM by SpartyMcFly
edited 7th Jul '11 4:06:26 PM by MrKirb
edited 7th Jul '11 4:24:58 PM by MrKirb
edited 7th Jul '11 5:46:27 PM by MrKirb
edited 8th Jul '11 12:39:48 PM by MrKirb
edited 16th Jul '11 12:28:37 AM by Eventua
edited 16th Jul '11 9:07:48 AM by MrKirb
edited 16th Jul '11 9:38:27 AM by MrKirb