What should one do with 3000 Nintendo points?:
- Jett Rocket: A pretty-looking little 3D platformer, with a remarkable amount of content given that it's under 50 MB. It's a bit short and a bit easy, but that just lets you soak in the ride and enjoy the pretty graphics.
- Art of Balance: Made by the same company as the above (Shin'en Multimedia), it's a great physics puzzler with a big variety of puzzles, and one of those simple-but-awesome concepts (balance a stack of funky shapes). It's both calming and nerve-wracking at once.
- FAST Racing League: Another game by the same company which isn't actually out yet (comes out 27th in Europe, 30th in the US), but think of it as F-Zero meets Ikaruga. Initial observations have been quite positive, for what it's worth.
- Lost Winds: SUPER worth a look if you haven't had one yet. They're a pair of bite-sized Metroidvanias where you control a boy named Toku and his sidekick, a spirit of wind. Uses the Wiimote in a really great, intuitive way, and there's lots of fun puzzles and exploration to be had.
- Water Warfare: A bright and colorful kid-friendly FPS, but with all the trappings of the genre. A number of maps, a good variety of weapons and items, and a surprisingly large assortment of single-player missions. Helps to have a friend to play it with, though.
- Dive The Medes Island Secret: A gorgeous (and interesting) Metroidvania with a cool twist—you're scuba-diving for treasures. It's fun to explore, and it's got some genuine challenge to it, too. I definitely dig it.
- Lit: A survival-horror puzzle game. It works better than you think, as you have to find the correct sequence to use to light up a room so you can get to the exit... because zombie-like things lurk in the darkness. Woo! All, it's pretty decently challenging.
- Fluidity/Hydration: First is the US title, second is the Euro title. I'm not entirely sure how to describe this one, actually. Physics puzzle? Platformer? Metroidvania? Well, you control a puddle of water, and you save a magic storybook. I swear it's better than I make it sound.
- Mario Party 2: One of, if not the, best of the series. Gather some friends and have a good time!
- Uforia: Another game that's kind of hard to describe. It's a platformer, I can say that much, and it involves rescuing your friends and finding treasures.
- Bomberman Hero: Can't go wrong with Bomberman, and this is a fun one.
- Sin and Punishment: "Punishment" is pretty apt.
edited 25th May '11 7:52:27 AM by Schitzo
edited 25th May '11 9:17:01 AM by Raso
edited 25th May '11 9:56:30 AM by Beorc
You need to Get Known to get one of those.