So... I wonder if there's anyone here who've heard of that obscure, yet awesome Dating Sim
game by Konami and Red Entertainement (the creators of Sakura Taisen
For those who don't feel like reading the article's long presentation, Mitsumete Knight
is a Spiritual Successor
of Tokimeki Memorial: Forever with you
in a Middle Ages
setting. This is a story of love and war where you, as a foreign mercenary, seeks to become a Holy Knight and find the love of your life.
The game is notable for its extremely elaborate Crapsaccharine World
, and its characters. They are developped
, they have many interactions between each other, they have deep and often sad storylines
, and anyone of them can die
depending on your actions, something not seen often in Dating Sims
Why such an interesting-sounding game got past the radar like that? Mainly because it suffers from Stillborn Franchise
, Widget Series
, No Export for You
, and Lostalgia
I discovered that game during my 1-year study trip in Japan in 2009, and now I want to share it with all of you. Seeing the successfully completed fan translations of the first two Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side
games, and despaired by the lack of Dating Sims
for guys in English, I realized that if I don't kick my ass and take matters into my own hands, nobody will.
As such, I decided to start a Mitsumete Knight
script translation project, starting from the various translation subtitles I made for various Mitsumete Knight
vids on my Youtube channel.
Why did I chose Mitsumete Knight
, instead of Tokimeki Memorial 1
? For several reasons:
- I do have prior experience in video game translation scripts, having translated the Endings, and various bits, of Fire Emblem 3 and 4; but I've never done a full game translation script.
- As such, I want to make my hand on a not-too-hard project: Tokimeki Memorial 2 interests me a ton, but it's way too much for me to handle with my current level, and Tokimeki Memorial 1, while not too hard, is already worked on by other people, and I don't want to step on their toes.
- Mitsumete Knight is a game which has much more potential to interest non-Dating Sim gamers than Tokimeki Memorial, with its rich storyline and its various combat sequences.
- And finally, rare are the people who know about Mitsumete Knight. The Tokimemo games at least have a little chance of fan translation; Mitsumete Knight has next to none, if I don't do it.
For the time being, I'm currently gathering all the translations I already did in the past on Youtube. I realize how much translation I did so far (even though it's still a drop in the sea compare to what awaits me), as I'm not totally finished with this task.
Once the gathering will be done, my translation battleplan will be the following:
- First, concentrate on Priscilla. She's the character with the most translation work done: I just need to translate the bad choices in the dialogue trees of her Special Events, her bad ending, and her date dialogues.
- Then, I'll work on the storyline stuff. It's very important, and I think it'll take me less time than the winnable characters' dialogues, dates and Special Events.
- After that, I'll decide on my mood, but regarding characters, I think that since I have translated Anne's Ending, one of Sophia's Events, and have that video of my Full Sophia Run, I'll work on those two first; then on Hanna, my fave character of the game, and then on Raizze, the favourite character of the fandom. Afterwards, I'll see.
For those interested, here are the scripts of what I already compiled from my YT stuff. The presentation is a little messy, I'll imporve it with time:
And recently, I posted at Animelyrics translation of two Mitsumete Knight
edited 21st May '11 5:17:40 AM by AceNoctali