- I do have prior experience in video game translation scripts, having translated the Endings, and various bits, of Fire Emblem 3 and 4; but I've never done a full game translation script.
- As such, I want to make my hand on a not-too-hard project: Tokimeki Memorial 2 interests me a ton, but it's way too much for me to handle with my current level, and Tokimeki Memorial 1, while not too hard, is already worked on by other people, and I don't want to step on their toes.
- Mitsumete Knight is a game which has much more potential to interest non-Dating Sim gamers than Tokimeki Memorial, with its rich storyline and its various combat sequences.
- And finally, rare are the people who know about Mitsumete Knight. The Tokimemo games at least have a little chance of fan translation; Mitsumete Knight has next to none, if I don't do it.
- First, concentrate on Priscilla. She's the character with the most translation work done: I just need to translate the bad choices in the dialogue trees of her Special Events, her bad ending, and her date dialogues.
- Then, I'll work on the storyline stuff. It's very important, and I think it'll take me less time than the winnable characters' dialogues, dates and Special Events.
- After that, I'll decide on my mood, but regarding characters, I think that since I have translated Anne's Ending, one of Sophia's Events, and have that video of my Full Sophia Run, I'll work on those two first; then on Hanna, my fave character of the game, and then on Raizze, the favourite character of the fandom. Afterwards, I'll see.
- Mitsumete, the normal Happy Ending song of the game
- Ikusa Ga Unda Uta, a Gene Petromolla song, findable in the 1st Drama CD
edited 21st May '11 5:17:40 AM by AceNoctali
But the most important info I wanted to tell, is that I started to work on the translation of the 1-tome spin-off manga, Mitsumete Knight: Another Story! The script translation of MK:AS is going smoothly so far (doing it little by little during recess at the academy, as a breather; doing the same with the Fire Emblem 4 manga by Fujimori Nuts, BTW): I've completed translation of the first 3 chapters (out of 7) in both English and French.
Since there's virtually no info about that manga on the English web (outside of the mention I made on the TV Tropes article), and VERY few info on it on the Japanese web, here are a few things for you if you're curious and/or wanting to see my progression.
- Translation scripts (need to be proofchecked):
- Hastily edited translated pics I've cooked up as a preview:
edited 15th Oct '12 2:14:35 PM by AceNoctali
edited 31st Oct '12 7:02:47 AM by AceNoctali
edited 1st Nov '12 10:07:49 AM by AceNoctali
You need to Get Known to get one of those.