- A boy that is constantly fleeing from a group of bullies develops Super Speed.
- A teenage boy who is harrased by his sports coach dad to win aall the time develops Super Strength (or other skill related to the sport).
- A girl who's mother frequently punishes her by shoving her into a bathtub full of water develops Water Breathing or the power to control water.
- A beaten child imagines an alternate self to take the beating for her, which first becomes more and more real in her mind, then becomes more and more real in the flesh, acting as a sort of guardian spirit.
- A child who hates herself and wishes she were someone else, anyone else, develops an amazing capacity for mimicry.
- A child who views darkness as his sole protection against danger can call upon a power inherent in the shadows (I'll leave it to you to define that power.)
- A child who identifies with animals more than humans becomes The Beastmaster.
- A child raised in a cult that's convinced he's The Messiah develops Healing Hands.
- A child who longs for a time when life was happier develops the ability to stop time—but not, as much as she wishes she could, to reverse it.
- A child who's spent most of his life in a basement learns to astral project.
- A child who lashes out at everyone around him sets things on fire.
- A child whose sole refuge is in fantasy learns that Art Initiates Life.
- A child who hates his own frailty and weakness becomes a Chrome Champion.
- A child who lives in fear of a parent's rage develops Emotion Control.
- A child who lies to escape punishment creates illusions.
- A child whose mind has completely broken breaks reality as well.
- A child institutionalized due to his extreme fear of germs can purge the life from an area.
- A child who screamed in terror and was not heard finds an alternate use for screaming.
- A child falsely believed to be a prodigy, and constantly abused for not living up to expectations, creates gadgets that only work because he believes they can.
- A child repeatedly betrayed by those he trusted can Detect Evil.
- A child constantly told that she's ugly and pathetic becomes significantly less pathetic, but a hell of a lot uglier.
edited 20th May '11 7:11:43 PM by feotakahari
edited 20th May '11 7:35:01 PM by Leradny
edited 20th May '11 8:02:50 PM by chihuahua0
- Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit
edited 21st May '11 4:10:50 AM by DoctorDiabolical
edited 21st May '11 7:30:47 AM by jasonwill2
Also I'm Skylark2 now.
edited 21st May '11 7:59:49 PM by MrAHR
edited 21st May '11 9:57:21 PM by feotakahari