Random Questions Thread:
- Aircrafts and Aviation
- General Religion, Mythology, and Theology
- General Science Thread
- Martial arts
- Police and Law Enforcements
- Politics - The opening post of the linked thread includes links to political threads on specific countries too, so it's very useful like that.]]
- Sci-fi Warfare
edited 16th Feb '15 12:47:26 PM by dRoy
edited 27th Feb '13 4:55:58 PM by MorwenEdhelwen
edited 27th Feb '13 7:30:24 PM by ArsThaumaturgis
edited 28th Feb '13 1:45:51 AM by peasant
edited 28th Feb '13 2:17:05 AM by MorwenEdhelwen
edited 28th Feb '13 3:27:21 AM by MorwenEdhelwen
edited 28th Feb '13 4:11:07 AM by ArsThaumaturgis
edited 21st Dec '13 12:07:34 PM by BestOf
edited 28th Feb '13 5:47:53 PM by peasant
edited 28th Feb '13 7:38:56 PM by Noaqiyeum
edited 1st Mar '13 3:32:13 AM by MorwenEdhelwen
edited 1st Mar '13 5:46:46 AM by peasant
- What degree of physical trauma to the ears is required to induce permanent and complete hearing loss. Would damage to middle ear suffice, or does it have to extend to the inner ear as well? If the latter: Considering that the vestibular system is quite close to the colchea, what are the possible effects of damaging the former? And would it plausible for an "ordinary" criminal with simple instruments to be capable of inflicting such trauma, or would it require something on the level of ear surgery?
- I'm torn on what to do regarding her sense of touch; if I remove it for the complete sensory deprivation factor, then it would call into question how she could feel her torturer abusing her body. I could simply limit it to her external flesh (i.e. skin), but then I wonder how that could mitigate the mental trauma of her rape.
- On a related note, is it possible to feel pain while having lost the sense of touch?
- I'm open to suggestions on what further physical traumas/mutilations can be added to the list.
edited 1st Mar '13 9:07:11 AM by MarqFJA
edited 1st Mar '13 9:54:41 AM by peasant
edited 1st Mar '13 3:49:17 PM by MarqFJA