Things You are No Longer Allowed to Do in an RPG:
edited 27th Mar '11 6:17:01 PM by Krautman
- No longer allowed to play a race that doesn't speak the Common Tongue.
- Cannot dig through the center of the world in a single standard action.
- No more carrying chairs around to throw at enemies, even if it was cool the first time.
edited 15th Mar '11 9:00:38 PM by Ezekiel
edited 16th Mar '11 2:13:53 AM by doorhandle
edited 16th Mar '11 2:17:01 AM by Miijhal
- Not allowed to create a portal to the beer dimension.
- Not allowed to create a portal to any dimension.
- Not allowed to create any X to Y Z.
edited 16th Mar '11 12:30:46 PM by Deathonabun
- Party members cannot be used as guided missiles.
- You are to remember the rope before all the combat members of the party dive down a pit in midfight to retrieve the halfling paladin.
- Attempts to play "unaligned" as "chaotic evil" are frowned upon.
- It doesn't matter if kobolds and dragonborn are different species, the second eating the first is still cannibalism.
- Diplomacy does not make to hit on rolls.
- Never again to spend an hour checking out every NPC in town.
- Diplomacy and bluff are different skills.
- The hot priest of Avandra will not sleep with you if you tell her it'll "redeem you". She's good-aligned, not stupid.
edited 16th Mar '11 4:18:54 PM by feotakahari
- Dancing back in the corridor is not a valid alternative to participating in the boss battle.
- The half-elf is not to be called a "filthy mudblood".
edited 17th Mar '11 4:44:21 PM by Ironeye
edited 17th Mar '11 5:12:28 AM by Diamonnes
Beside the raging sea I am left to moan.
Sorrow I am, for I brought down my only son.
edited 17th Mar '11 7:53:01 AM by presidentevil133
- 1. A paladin with a negative charisma modifier cannot deal damage with his Lay On Hands
- 2. NO GODDAMN MINDFLAYERS!
- 3. The Book of Exalted Deeds is not for seeing how many bonus feats I can lose in one session.
- 4. Nor is it for taking the Saint template just so I can challenge every evil character we encounter to a magical cage match.
- 5. Roleplaying my monk as a wandering luchador is not okay.
- 5b. Nor is referring to LG and CE as Tecnicos and Rudos.
- 5c. Nor can my evil monk acquire the lich template solely for the sake of bad puns.
- 6. If my Alienist/Artificer places an "Azathoth is my co-pilot" sticker on his airship, it is perfectly reasonable for him to be denied parking in any lawful-aligned society.
- 7. Even though Cinematic Unisystem has rules for it, I cannot play a robot werewolf with chainsaw legs.
- 7b. For similar but opposite reasons, my robot cannot be blind, deaf and quadriplegic.
- 7c. It is highly unlikely that any character with such a combination of drawbacks would ever amass an impressive occult library.
- 8. No matter how low I roll my starting POW, my investigator was not raised by flying polyps.
- 9. No matter what the rules say, gaining 90 percentiles in Cthulhu Mythos does not confer a SAN bonus.
- 10. When asked to select a pre-made character, I will not flip to the "Deities of the Mythos" chapter.
- 11. If my Marvel Superheroes character is half-liquid and half-robot, I am allowed and encouraged to re-roll.
- 11b. If my Marvel Superheroes character is a deity, I am obligated to re-roll.
- 12. Just say no to RIFTS.
- 13. My All Flesh Must Be Eaten character cannot be a necrophiliac with a biting fetish.
edited 17th Mar '11 12:22:54 PM by Michael
edited 17th Mar '11 2:45:45 PM by Karalora
edited 17th Mar '11 2:23:15 PM by Ironeye
edited 27th Mar '11 6:10:26 PM by Rationalinsanity
Also, I don't play a social-oriented character.
"[up] You know that you don't have to post in character all the time." - ''Tropers/Rand
- Can't keep emphasising that Sun Strike is radiant damage every time I fire it.
- Not allowed to create a character that has three different damage dies for his basic attack (not mine,but considering it should I GM. Revenant Warlocks are broken).
- Can't 'accidentally' hit party Revenant with Banish Undead to activate my Coordinated Explosion feat.
- Not allowed to be selectively oblivious to what my powers and feats let me do.
- Even if they benefit the rest of the party.
- In future, must put some points in Athletics so I won't lose half my health trying to climb a rope.
- Firing Avenging Light down a corridor to illuminate what's ahead may be ingenious,but also runs the risk of pissing something nasty off.
- Emphasising that you're attacking monsters with "Knowledge!" (invoker of Ioun) will not get big laughs.
- No matter how many times I repeat it.
- Not allowed to run outside the cave shouting, "Sorry boys,hope you understand!" to let the others deal with the lightning trap they just set off.