General Sonic The Hedgehog thread:
- The Syndicate would be expanded to XIII members. These members are
- Robotnik The Emperor Of Machines
- Zachary The Eidolon of a Lost Race
- Vichama The Looming Death
- Rouge The Fallen Seductress
- Grimer The Shadow of Loyalty
- Fang The Wild Gun
- Set The Worshipped Evil
- Neo Emperor Metallix The Reconstructed
- Blaze The Lost Princess
- Marxio The Invader
- Lord Sidewinder The Lord of Jahnahm
- Nutzan Bolt The Beastmaster
- Shadow The Key of Destiny
- The Sonic Adventure 2 adaptation would be more accurate, complete with redemption for Shadow and Rouge.
- A Sonic Rush adaptation would occur as well, being quite faithful.
edited 12th Feb '13 6:13:59 PM by miru
- Sonic: Mostly upbeat 80s-influenced rock with symphonic elements to emphasize speed.
- Tails: Pop-rock with a dash of surf to keep it light.
- Knuckles: Neosoul with some elements of Rap, Jazz and R and B.
- Amy: Pop Punk adding some metal riffs to give her an edge.
- Chaotix: slower than usual Ska with some Bebop and lounge for gentler parts.
- Metal Sonic: Dark Ambient with Industrial and Doom Metal elements to underscore his usual threatening and mechanical appearance.
- The rhythm, melody, and lyrics don't mesh together well. Point A: "Well I don't show off, don't criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiticize!" Why was it necessary to elongate that word so much? To fill space? Write more lyrics to fill space, you lazy bastard! Alternatively, make it so that that particular part is more compact, shorter. Aside from that one line, the rest of the lyrics in the verses don't seem to flow in a way that sounds natural, or, dare I say it, any better than a mediocre amateur. I wrote some* songs that flow better when I was fourteen. Even the speed of the song seems kind of off. The elongated verses just seem to take forever, to the point where Sonic himself would just get bored and leave by the time the chorus comes in. Ironically, the chorus is arguably the only part that really works in this respect, with a nice, triumphant melody that doesn't try to take its time too much, but the words are still accented upon oddly in order to force them in there.
- That damn singer. He sounds like a poor man's Steven Tyler, audibly straining to hit those high notes and screams. I don't know if it was the choice of the producer of the music (assumedly Jun Senuoe, but I could be wrong) or something that the singer just affected on his own for God knows what reason, but it just sounds really bad, and whoever's decision it was really needed to think harder about it.
- Just about the only way the song really works is as an instrumental, in all honesty. The instrumental version of the song that plays over certain scenes in Sonic's story were really breathtaking to hear and made me wonder how they came up with such a catchy melody but then had to crap all over it with lyrics that are forced in like a 100 piece puzzle in which 98 of the pieces don't fit and the two that are missing obscure the direct focus of the picture.
This has been your Music Nerd Moment of the DayTM.
edited 12th Feb '13 11:32:19 PM by 0dd1
edited 13th Feb '13 1:19:08 PM by SamMax
edited 13th Feb '13 7:18:44 AM by PhysicalStamina
edited 13th Feb '13 10:35:42 AM by darkabomination
edited 13th Feb '13 11:15:35 AM by Vertigo_High
edited 13th Feb '13 6:42:06 PM by Psi001