edited 16th Feb '11 10:47:22 AM by Barkey
edited 16th Feb '11 10:56:50 AM by Barkey
edited 16th Feb '11 10:57:24 AM by CommandoDude
edited 16th Feb '11 11:00:10 AM by Barkey
- 90% of all nuclear bombers be decommissioned or re purposed. They are useless since ICB Ms and boomers make them obsolete and any need for them for strategic purposes would not require more then a few.
- 75% of all nuclear weapons in storage be scraped for reactor fuel. These weapons are not ever going to be used ever. Not even in the event of WORLD WAR III. They are not in any kind of active delivery service, they are just collecting dust.
- 50% of all ICB Ms decommissioned and scrapped. We do not need these, even in the event of WORLD WAR III there are far more then we would even need to obliterate those evil communazis. (Russia) Seriously, compare the stockpiles of America (#2) and France (#3).
- Mothball 4 Ohio-class nuclear attack submarines. 14 is more then we need.
- Mothball a few Los Angeles Class fast attack subs while we're at it. There are 54 and none have fired a torpedo in forever.
edited 16th Feb '11 11:10:49 AM by CommandoDude
edited 16th Feb '11 11:12:58 AM by CommandoDude
- There should be no reason a soldier buys his own equipment. If a soldier can't get the equipment he needs from the government something is seriously wrong. Either get them the equipment they need, or start cutting out what you don't need if you don't have the cash. Building a new B2 bomber is useless if your basic G Is don't even have flak jackets.
- Military research should be limited. That kind of money is huge and it would be better off poured into improving your economy so that you can get your soldiers the training and basics that they actually need. It's all well and cool to have a supercruising stealthfighter in low-orbital range, but that kinda does zippo against a bunch of militants in Afghanistan with nothing but ak-47s.
- PM Cs should be eliminated as much as possible. The use of mercenaries is insane. You have well dedicated patriotic Americans to do the job at a proper price, with pension and benefits, instead of trying to pass war through congress as a "budgetary matter". The last thing you want is for Americans to have their interests separated from the wars they are fighting. If the war is not just, is not worth it, it should not be fought. You don't have conscription, the populace has no right to send over other people's kids to go die on foreign soil because of their ideology.
- Allow basic soldiers all the way down the chain of command be able to experiment. I've seen soldiers come up with their own armour for their vehicles to survive better in the theatre of war. That should not be frowned upon. It's free innovation.
- America needs to focus more on training and less on numbers. There's 1.5 million soldiers and 1 million reservists. The only other country that competes with that number is China, which has six times the population. That's plain stupid. You want smart soldiers doing smart things, especially in terms of peacekeeping (or even peacemaking as US is prone to do). It doesn't help if you have 1000 marines that know what they're doing when some dumbass GI goes off and pisses on a Quran because he thinks it is hilarious.
edited 16th Feb '11 11:27:14 AM by CommandoDude
edited 16th Feb '11 11:32:17 AM by breadloaf
edited 16th Feb '11 11:32:45 AM by RadicalTaoist