Needs example cleanup (What do you mean it's not awesome?): What Do You Mean Its Not Awesome get usage counts
Deadlock Clock: 20th Mar 2012 11:59:00 PM
edited 5th Feb '11 8:26:57 AM by Grandy
- Singapore armed forces commercials. Watch and be amazed.
- The GRABIT. Listen to that EPIC MUSIC AND NARRATION as you REMOVE DAMAGED SCREWS.
- Not to mention the THUNDERING SOUND EFFECTS at about 1:15 into the video, when introducing their AWESOME lifetime guarantee!!!!
edited 8th Feb '11 3:34:53 PM by Grandy
- Taiga is apparently ready to go with this sort of thing at all times. During the OVA sequel, he makes his grand appearance in the middle of a battle, carrying the key which can override the lock on Final Fusion... which is embedded into the grip of a golf club. That's right, he slams a golf club into a console as a valid command decision. The club's named the Taiga Wood, no less.
- Also come into play early on in the series when they use the ridiculous end all attack Hell and Heaven on every single enemy. Even the tiny motorcycle the size of GaoGaiGar's pinky, this can be argued as something needed to retrieve the Zonder core, but the core to the motorcycle was bigger than the motorcycle itself. Still the scene's really funny out of context, when you just see the last frame and it's Hell and Heaven colliding with seemingly nothing at all.
- To say nothing of what they do when the giant robots actually get involved...
- The second episode had at least ten full seconds of seizure-inducing color-flashes when Kamina saw the skull in the dirt (granted, that skull turned out to be Kamina's father).
- Parallel Works 7 wastes the series' best song, "Libera Me From Hell", on... nature shots and shadows of running people.
- The most ultimate punch in the world.
- Oh no you didn't!!!
- OH YES WE DID
- To clarify, they just punched something so hard, it went flying, hit NOTHING, and finally broke a hole in the spacetime continuum, and THEN made it explode.
- Not to mention, just before the first punch, that guy invented teleportation just by being awesome so he could get to the guy being punched before he committed suicide.
- In Air Gear, Agito symbolically turns into a shark occasionally when he's just riding around. Similarly, Bucca turns into a tank (and other characters can apparently see this transformation) and Kazu turns into a jet at times, even if they're just riding to school, or something.
- Actually this can apply to pretty much anyone major to the plot, as various illustrations in the background to put emphasis on their "Roads" will be on the page. These include Ikki's Megatron-esque jet with wings, Ringo's huge ass bundle of vines with what looks like Athena in the middle of it, and Aeon Clock as well as Kazu and anyone else who can "stop time" with the huge mechanical workings of and gears spammed all over the page.
- In Fullmetal Alchemist, on the day Colonel Roy Mustang becomes Führer, all female officers will be required to wear: tiny miniskirts!
- Edward apparently feels that his already powerful alchemy isn't enough on its own. He applies his personal aesthetics to everything... and can't understand why nobody appreciates all the skulls, horns, and gargoyle faces.
- Not to mention this scene. Best use of Beethoven's 9th ever? Hell yes.
- Granted, the rooftop duel between Keiichi and Rena at the end of the first season of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni was pretty awesome on its own, but did they really need to play it up like it was Anakin vs. Obi-Wan?
- Then shortly after that: ULTIMATE EXTREME KISSING!!! Granted, the kiss effectively confirmed that Chachamaru had received a soul, but still...
- In Le Portrait De Petit Cossette, Eiri vanquishes Marchello Orlando's Cossette by drawing a portrait of the real one. Using his own blood.
- In Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl, a fairly standard Relationship Upgrade kiss goes from Crowning Moment of Awwwsome to unintentionally hysterical when the alien watchers conjure wedding gowns and a floating stained-glass chapel, give "official" blessing while dressed as a priest and an angel of love, then fly everyone off in a magical sleigh that poops heart-shaped starbursts.
- In Dead Leaves the character Retro, while running from the cops in the first prolonged action sequence, a running battle against cops, performs several actions fitting this page...Then again, that whole movie is like a textbook example of this page
- One involves a variation of More Dakka, Dual Wielding and Just crazy handgun use, where he pulls out three handguns, firing them all at once, sideways.
- another one has him perform a jump, where he hangs for a physics-defying second, before kicking a robot so hard he spins 720 degrees, and doesn't shatter his foot.
- then again, he DOES have a TV for a head
- Another example is in episode 6, when Kyohei's gang gets hold of one of the kidnappers that have kidnapped Katzano and use his phone to figure out where his buddies are. As the kidnapper wakes up from his drugged slumber, he sees them celebrating while Kyohei sings "We're fucking amazing!" in a soprano voice (complete with opera playing in the background) before introducing themselves in one of the hammiest ways imaginable as members of Dollars.
- The Hellsing manga is chock full of these. At some point or another almost everyone is going to do something that is as awesome yet needless as the worst Final Fantasy cutscenes. Alexander Anderson and his Section XIII are particularly guilty; in Volume 6 of the manga his introduction into the London Nazi Vampire invasion arc involves his killing a Nazi with more bayonets than it is humanely possible to carry (it has been postulated Anderson has a Bag of Holding where he stores his bayonets), followed by everyone giving him an introduction where he has no less than five nicknames. Anderson follows this up by a short speech/Q and A session with his Section XIII followers while everyone gears up to kill the Nazi Vampires. He then proceeds to kill all the Nazis in the area, and they top it off with the phrase "Apocalypse Now!"
- Seras gets one when the Nazi Vampires assault Hellsing headquarters. Her introduction at this point has her standing on top of Hellsing headquarters with the Harkonnen II. I'll let Mr. Vernedead explain what it is in his French accent. "'Arkonnen II. A 30mm Semi-Auto "Cannon." Maximum Range 4000m!! Gross Weight 345kg. It's like some bloomin' joke to mobilize zat zing, girl." And boy, he isn't kidding. Seras proceeds to shoot down a Zeppelin with the thing (oh, and she shot down a bunch of V1 missiles before her introduction too).
edited 8th Feb '11 5:21:03 PM by Grandy
edited 29th Mar '11 2:43:49 PM by artman40
edited 30th Mar '11 2:50:09 AM by artman40
edited 1st May '11 2:39:30 PM by deuxhero