edited 19th Apr '13 10:04:54 AM by Eagal
- The secondary villain is a young woman (~19) and a powerful Caster, specializing in hydrokinesis. She grew up in poverty in the bottom layers of Arc. The main villain took her in after her parents died, viewing her as a victim of an unjust society (and from perceived guilt for helping to create said society) and hoping to keep her destructive tendencies in check. I've narrowed the girl's name down to Shani*, Sini*, or Minali*. Not sure about the man's name. (Important note: I'm trying to stick to a naming convention of consonant-vowel-consonant-vowel-etc.*, because of a conlang I haven't developed yet.)
edited 22nd Apr '13 2:39:33 PM by Nocturna
- First form (Requiem): The default form a new vampire starts with, and the one they revert to after a sufficiently long period of blood-starvation. Noticeable Undeathly Pallor, blood-red irises, typically rather emaciated or at least skinny, and other vampire telltale signs that only those Too Dumb to Live would miss.
- Second form (Memoriam): Attained after reaching a certain level of "power", usually within a decade or two of the vampire's first "awakening" if they follow a more or less regular feeding diet. More or less identical to their original human form — and perhaps even in better physical condition, if the vampire made proper use of their superhuman powers — except for quite subtle differences that would go unnoticed except by a sufficiently suspicious paranoiacs or a sufficiently observant vampire expert (be s/he a true Vampire Hunter or simply a vampirologist researcher), including blood-red irises, sharper than normal teeth, especially prominent and decidely pointy (upper) canines, and a slightly paler complexion than they previously had in their mortal life.
- Third form: The inhuman aspect of the vampire's new nature and existence manifests visibly in this form, giving a great power boost, though this inner "Beast" is still constrained by "the Man"'s iron will and forced to remain within the confines of a generally humanlike bodily structure. Colloquially referred to by the setting's vampire hunters and vampirologists as the "war form" or the "true form", names that are looked down upon by vampire society in general as crude, oversimplifying, and misleading. Basically, take the second form, add in a couple of extra levels in personality-dependent muscularity (applies to both sexes), elongated claws for nails, demonic bat-wings (may have more than one set, depending on the vampire's power level), all teeth become razor-sharp fang-like versions of themselves (e.g. blunt cusps become very sharp and prominently pointy), change the eyes so that the sclera become red and the irises become golden, and turn the hair silvery white (if it wasn't already), and you'd have a reasonably accurate expectation of the typical appearance of this form (though by no means uniform across the "species").
- Fourth form (Catabatic): The vampire's Beast, the embodiment of their inhumanity, is allowed to run practically unchecked, reflected in the vampire physically transforming into a true Monstrous Humanoid that more often resembles a vaguely anthropomorphic Animalistic Abomination than anything truly humanoid. In this form, the vampire loses all capacity for sapience and higher thought, though usually retains a dangerous level of predatory cunning that is occasionally occasionally deceptive in its ability to formulate more complex courses of action. One thing for sure, though, is that there is no reasoning with the vampire in this state, for reasoning is only for creatures of reason, and this is a creature of pure animal instinct and predatory voracity. The actual power of this form tends to vary from one vampire to another, but is typically always at high superhuman levels.
- Perdition form: The ultimate vampire form, and rarely achieved "naturally" by any but the most ancient or "talented" of vampires. An Unholy Matrimony between the Beast's raw, savage power and unnatural instincts and the Man's sapience and rational intellect, the synergy resulting in unpercedented boost in both raw power and effective combat ability beyond any other form's own.
edited 23rd Apr '13 10:36:17 AM by MarqFJA
edited 22nd Apr '13 5:08:04 PM by MarqFJA
edited 22nd Apr '13 6:02:21 PM by MarqFJA
edited 23rd Apr '13 1:54:31 AM by MarqFJA
edited 23rd Apr '13 7:47:54 AM by Noaqiyeum
edited 23rd Apr '13 10:36:54 AM by MarqFJA
edited 23rd Apr '13 5:28:17 PM by Nocturna