There's a Google Map for Tropers now.
For some reason, however, Google maps won't move from one page to another of the multiple pages the map takes up. This means that if you are on page 1 and add yourself, it will look like nothing happened, because your pin will have been placed on page 3 and you won't see it.
Here are direct links to each of the pages. If you want to add your own pin, please do so from the link to the last page.
The first page is at this link
This is the link to page 2
This is the link for page 3.
- To add yourself, you'll need to have a Google Account and be signed in. To simply look at it, you simply need to click that link.
To add yourself:
- When you open that map there will be an "edit" button just outside the upper left corner of the map.
- Zoom in and center the map approximately where you want to place the pin.
- Click on the edit button.
- Three icons will appear in the upper left corner of the map itself.
- Click on the center one (the teardrop-shaped marker).
- Drag the marker to where you want it (The actual point it will be placed at is marked by the grey "X" under the point of the pin, not the point of the pin itself.)
- Add your name in the "title" box. (Not the one that says "TV Tropes Map", though — that's the map title)
- Click "Save"
- Click "Done"
If you have two locations you want to add (for example your home and your school,) simply make different titles for them: Siht Report (Home) and Siht Report (School) or something like that.
edited 4th Nov '11 8:55:17 AM by Madrugada
...if you don’t love you’re dead, and if you do, they’ll kill you for it.