Zerg Rush: Web Comics
Back to the main page.
- The Order of the Stick: This was Redcloak's main tactic in his assault on Azure City, until he was on the receiving end of a Diving Save Heroic Sacrifice and realised that he was sacrificing actual lives to fulfill a grudge. Later on, some of the city's survivors decide to try to slow down the horde at a choke point (seen in the trope picture to the right). The enemy just rushed the hole and trampled them before they could so much as raise their swords.
- See this strip of The Noob.
- Ctrl+Alt+Del: "Achievement Unlocked — Way to play like an asshole, asshole."
- The Maraudites of Stick Figure in Sluggy Freelance use this, but combined with acid blood, this makes for an unforeseen disadvantage.
- In the Sluggy chapter "Aylee", this seemed to be the only tactic the "ghouls" in an alternative dimension had against the humans. The humans had high-tech weapons, but were still somehow driven into exile in orbit by the sheer numbers which the unarmed ghouls could muster to rush at them in. They also used this tactic in the decisive final battle when attacking a critical point.
- In Endstone, the toads were legion enough to wear down the heroes
- As evidenced in this Homestuck Page ("HB: Waste exactly four hours on this tomfoolery"), the primary tactic of Felt members Eggs and Biscuits is to use their respective time-traveling implements in tandem to swarm enemies. With themselves.
- Nerf NOW!! turns the trope into Cute Monster Girls here.
- The First Empire's invasion of Ziragalen in Second Empire. When first seen from afar, there are so many Daleks massed in the first strike, they are mistaken for a storm.