- This is the primary tactic of the Yamani Empire in Open Blue. The Zerg Rush, combined with bushido.
- This ends up being the only real recourse of the forces of hell in The Salvation War: Armageddon. Due to the fact they're at bronze age levels of technology and are up against modern armies, its not like they have much of a choice... they almost won, as the Human armies were close to run out of ammo.
- From the Global Guardians PBEM Universe: Los Hermanos is a duplicator who can create thousands of clones of himself. Other than that, he's basically just an athletic, somewhat skilled martial artist. Guess what one of his primary tactics is when fighting a villain who is obviously much more powerful than he is?
- Now available as a Google search. Use the mouse to attack the O-letters.
- Whiro's minions are a swarm of mosquitos and sand flies that use this technique in The Tyrannosaur Chronicles.
- The GameFAQs contests at times faced this when dealing with outside rallies, that at times only fail when instead of sheer numbers the "invaders" resort to vote stuffing. Twice it favored Blizzard - StarCraft had a great run in a games contest before bowing down to Super Smash Bros. Melee, Diablo reached the semifinals of Got Villains before Ganondorf proved too much - and the last contest so far in 2013 reached Hostile Show Takeover by a Reddit swarm interested in getting a title for League of Legends character Draven.