A list of New Media
works in which characters have unusually colored hair.
- The Trope Namer, Homestar Runner, spoofs this when a fan named James asks what Strong Bad would look like as an anime character. Strong Bad decides that he'd be shiny and have huge green eyes, cooler boots, and blue hair ("You gotta have blue hair."), for some reason. Humourously, on one main page, scrolling over "Store" gives 1-Up (Homestar Runner's anime counterpart) blue hair.
- Monster High has Ghoulia Yelps, a blue-haired Meganekko zombie.
- An internet-original Korean Barbie expy Avata Star Sue has pink hair in odango (except when she's transformed into something), while her friend Chohui has long blue hair.
- A male and plot-related example from Wild ARMS. Rudy, one of the main characters, has blue hair. The only other characters we see with odd-colored hair are the interdimensional demons that are attacking the world. This is foreshadowing Rudy is not human, and we eventually find out he is a robot made from metal that the demons forged.
- Rhine from v4 of Open Blue has "cherry blonde" hair (actually named in-universe after sakura flowers), the result of a rare genetic condition of some sort (it's the 18th century, so nobody has really studied it that much), that gives it to one in a million people. Captain Zuru, being an expy of Kamina, has blue hair.
- In the Global Guardians PBEM Universe, the members of the Lightning Power Special Team, a color-coordinated hero team from Tokyo, have hair colors (violet, cornsilk-yellow, green, and purple, respectively) that match the colors of their costumes.
- In We Are Our Avatars, there are these characters besides those from other sources.
- Blue Hair: Gork, Garcie (first hairstyle)
- Green Hair: Erik and Yanmie
- Pink Hair: Dee
- Red Hair: Milotic!Bassy
- Tom Milsom has had bright blue hair since 2010.
- Land Games
- Upon seeing Noka for the first time, KT immediately becomes fascinated with his bright blue hair:
- Cracked Photoplasty advertises hair dye in impossible colors in Ads for Products That Must Exist in Video Games.