- Badass Decay: After Taking a Level in Badass at the end of series 2 knowing Eric Van Helsing dies off screen after fainting during a vampire attack is pretty annoying.
- Broken Base: The reveal in season 5 that Vlad is half human, especially since there was zero foreshadowing for it.
- Crazy Awesome: Ever since he ditched Ingrid, Ryan Noble was on the road to becoming this. but then...
- Draco in Leather Pants: The Count. Literally.
- Evil Is Sexy: Boris is a typical homely and shy nerd before his transformation, after which he becomes a drop-dead gorgeous heart-throb who is highly feral and insane .
- Jerkass Woobie: Ingrid is evil and generally an unpleasant person, but the way her father treats her is horrible, especially since she is everything he keeps pressuring Vlad to be.
- Magnificent Bastard:
- Bertrand can be incredibly cunning, attempting to kill Erin and frame Ingrid to stop her distracting Vlad from his studies. Even when the plan fails, Vlad and Erin still believe Ingrid was responsible - to the extent that they apologise to Bertrand for suspecting him!
- Also, Vlad in series 3, especially when he goes bad.
Count Dracula: How do I know I can trust you?Vlad: Oh great, after all these years I'm finally the son you want me to be and you don't trust me. Make up your mind, Daddy. Which Vlad do you want? The old fangless wimp you could trust with your grandmother or me?
- The new merged Vlad is no slouch either.
- Stuffed into the Fridge: Erin is killed offscreen between Seasons 4 and 5.
- Tearjerker: Ryan's death in episode 4 of season 4. And just when it looked like he and Erin were going to really make up too.
- Pretty much the entirety of "Sweet Sixteen". Makes you feel for Ingrid, of all people.
Elisabeta in the form of Bertrand: I thought you were our future, but you were my executioner.
- Sally being mindwiped at the end of series 5 so she never knew Vlad and so her and George could stay safe. Her final conversations with Vlad and the Count are heartbreaking.
- In the first-season episode where Vlad hypnotises the Count into thinking he's an ordinary breather dad, Ingrid storms off to reverse it as soon as she hears...only for the Count to hug her, promise to spend more time with her and take an interest in her life. Ingrid can't bring herself to undo the hypnosis, despite her contempt for all things breather, because this is the first time the Count has ever treated her as if he cares about her.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?? Series 3 and 4 are much darker than the previous two series. As of series 5, all traces of it being for kids are tossed out of the window.