YMMV: Y: The Last Man
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Is Victoria telling the truth about beating Bobby Fischer at a private chess match at 13, but being kept away from public competition just because of her gender? Or is she making it all up to boost her own legend and strengthen her power on her followers? Considering that Fischer did not play a competitive game between 1972 and 1992, and then immediately became a fugitive, makes her claimed match very suspect.
- Broken Base: You'd be hard pressed to find two people with the same opinion of Issue 10.
- Epileptic Trees: Encouraged, Word Of God has stated that the "truth" behind the gendercide is stated somewhere within the series, but has not confirmed which of the (many) theories is the correct one.
- Freud Was Right: The Washington Monument is turned into a memorial for the dead men, to Yorick's amusement (355 retorts that women didn't build the thing). A flashback shows Yorick discussing how women "don't build monuments to their cooters" with Beth. Incidentally, the word Yorick wanted to know (the female equivalent of "phallic") is "yonic."
- Tear Jerker: At least one per volume.
Yorick: They said it wouldn't hurt, Amp. I...I didn't want you to hurt anymore. They promised it would be quick. (after feeding Ampersand a poisoned grape) Why the fuck did I do that?
- The biggest is the numerous shots of the immediate aftermath of the plague.
- 355's flashback where she learns that her family is dead isn't easy to read.
- Or when she's killed right after she and Yorick admit their love for each other.
- Or 87-year-old Yorick's incredible bitterness after spending his whole life without her.
- For anybody that has a pet they love, the scene where Yorick takes a dying Ampersand to his burial spot - close to what appears to be 355's - could be tough to read.
- The Woobie: Yorick himself, at times. Also definitely Hero considering a lot of her past.