- Angst? What Angst?: Averted. Lero has a hard time of things until he becomes friends with Rainbow Dash. Even years after the event and having adapted well to Equestrian life, it's made very clear that he still deeply misses his family.
- Fridge Logic: The concept of Dash having a problem with no stallion wanting her because of her tomboyish and athletic nature and all that applies as the show makes it clear that Pegasus come from a Proud Warrior Race Culture; combining that with Ponies' matriarchy means Dash should be the ideal Pegasus mare. Though this could be explained by the fact that the Proud Warrior Race thing seems to have mostly faded so in modern times, Pegasus stallions think like Unicorn and Earth Pony stallions and/or all of Dash's attempted trysts were ground-bound and so rated her based on their own species' standards.
- Genius Bonus: Bellerophon is notable in Greek mythology for taming Pegasus, among other things. Verges on Fridge Brilliance when you consider that the normally brash and outgoing Rainbow Dash shows a much more mellow side to her as their relationship develops.
- Jerkass Woobie: Star Sparkle according to some readers. To others she's a monster who deserves no sympathy whatsoever. No matter what, they seem to agree that she's really not very nice.
- Nightmare Fuel: Just what did Lero escape from exactly?