- Broken Base:
- Are the graphics unacceptably bland for a 2010s game, or is their plainness and simplicity the very thing that makes them appealing compared to the flash of XCOM: Enemy Unknown?
- Was it right to leave out psionics and the Blaster Launcher?
- Mechanical fidelity to the original is one of the selling points, but some think it's too faithful, With This Herring and all.
- Good Bad Bugs: If you leave an injured soldier in your base to recuperate, it will take many days. However, sending him or her into battle again and using a simple medikit fixes the problem instantly.
- Now no longer in play as of v22 Experimental 5, as sending troops out wounded now caps their maximum HP during the fight.
- Memetic Badass: Josh Eales. Because of an RNG bug, this name was always in the starting party of every new game. Now he even has his own Steam card.