- Do Not Do This Cool Thing: Even though the movie ultimately portrays the anarchists as evil and wrong, their hedonistic lifestyle is pretty damn awesome. Show of hands, who wouldn't want to party all night in a castle, doing whatever you want and not having to worry about being in the office in the morning?
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Danny Trejo menaces Cage with a machete.
- That scene features Vin Diesel trapped in a dingy and dark holding place chained from above by his wrists. He winds up in a similar situation in Fast Five.
- Samuel L. Jackson as the disfigured leader of a secretive government organization. Who recruits Groot.
- Memetic Mutation: "Two years? What was your plan? To let them die of old age?"
- Shallow Parody: The first movie 'parodied' the James Bond Tuxedo and Martini spy model by having an NSA agent in the opening switching his spy suit for a tux while on the run from the bad guys. He then gets assassinated when he tries to dissappear into a rock concert actually held by the bad guys, because he can't blend in with the crowd. While the Bond movies did popularize this trope, Bond himself was never dumb enough to try something like this, and always dressed for the occassion.
- Unintentional Period Piece: The "X-treme" aesthetic from the early 00's gets sold really hard in the first movie. It had long worn out its welcome by the time the sequel rolled around.