- Ear Worm: The first opening song is pretty cute.
- The opening for Season 2 is pretty catchy as well.
- Fan Nickname: Trapanashi for Kotori-chan.
- Freud Was Right: In a rare non-sexual example, Yachiyo demonstrates a perfect example of transference when Yachiyo goes away on a business trip, leaving her to attach to the one person who listens to her and consoles her on a regular basis, Jun. Of course, All Love Is Unrequited, so don't expect the poor guy to make any actual headway.
- Inami definitely has this. The given reason she's such an androphobe is because her father told her from a very early age that all men were evil, going so far as to subliminally whisper it to her in her sleep. He also put heavy weights in her backpack when she was younger, which is the reason why she's so incredibly strong as well. This has backfired to some extent, since her severe androphobia caused her to attack him first and now he takes pains not to be seen by her at home and has to stalk her from a distance.
- Fridge Logic: In-show example.
- Internet Backdraft: When the show was airing, posts about Inami on /a/ tended to ignite arguments. With the second season coming up, it might start again.
- Also, going beyond the issue of Subbing versus Dubbing (despite NIS America being newbies to the anime industry that they may not dub anything for a while), the title name change for the American release (renamed Wagnaria!!) as well as a naming of a character (officially Popura instead of Poplar), have left polarizing reactions from the fandom. And that was just a few hours after the official annoucement.
- Les Yay: Yachiyo and Kyouko. Most of it coming from Yachiyo. Including one blatant scene in the yonkoma:
Yachiyo: "But you are right, if you don't break this habit of yours, you won't be able to fall in love."
Inami: "Lo-!! Love..."
[Yachiyo sees Kyouko walk by in the background]
Yachiyo: "Ignore what I just said. It's okay if your partner is a woman."
- And then there's the scene in which Kyouko proclaims, "Yachiyo is mine".
- Popura's admiration of Kotori is also slightly suspect, which even gets commented on by Jun.
- Memetic Mutation: Am I Poplar yet?!
- Not Poplar anymore?
- Still Poplar!
- Sum wan wan!
- In-universe: Kawai-souma-san
- Moe: Popura, Aoi and Nazuna. In fact, Aoi even made the Top 8 during Saimoe 2010.
- Izumi as well.
- Moment of Awesome: Kotori's epic verbal smackdown of Mahiru's dad.
- Romantic Plot Tumor: Some fans feel that the events between Souta and Inami draw away too much attention from the other characters.
- The Scrappy: Some consider Inami to have ruined an otherwise good show with her overused punching gags. When people are actually turned off the show because they're so put off by you, you're probably a good canadite for this trope.
- Yachiyo and her obsession with Kyouko is a good candidate for that as well.
- Inami's dad, full stop and more for being the reason why Inami is a Scrappy. Most people wonder why a character like him has any business being in a Status Quo Is God Slice of Life Comedy series. A lot of people thought that even Takanashi's "The Reason You Suck" Speech wasn't enough to deal with him.
- Values Dissonance: Kozue accuses Mizuki of being a naughty girl for her lesbian attraction toward Yachiyo, and that she should stop her unproductive thoughts and finally fall in love with a man. Regardless of Mizuki's true feelings, this still shows that in Japan homosexuality is mostly seen as "just a phase."