YMMV: Wolfenstein (2009)
- Anticlimax Boss:
- If you time your shots right and have the right weapon, you can blow away the first Despoiled that serves as a boss in under ten seconds. The latter confrontations with Despoiled are... harder.
- By way of being puzzle bosses, this also applies to General Zetta and the Geist Queen.
- Catharsis Factor: Just try not to cackle maniacally while killing Nazis with the Particle Cannon, the Tesla Gun, or the Liechenfaust. You will fail.
- Genius Bonus: Fictitious weapons appear to be based on real-life guns. Tesla Pistol (a gun shooting lightning arcs) uses the grips and receiver of the relatively obscure Polish Blyskawica submachine gun from WW2. Its name is Polish for... 'Lightning'. Oh, and there's also the relationship with B.J.'s surname.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The fact that a group opposing the Nazis shares a name with a Greek Neo-Nazi political party that would gain a disturbing amount of power a few years after the game's release. Especially since the ingame group's leader is a traitor working with the Nazis.
- Most Annoying Sound: The Castle mission. The Resistance members will annoy you by way of their constant use of Continue Your Mission, Dammit!.
"We have to save Caroline""For Caroline!"
- Spiritual Successor: Perhaps less a successor to RTCW than a reskin of the basic design for Hexen 1 and 2's gameplay style.
- Tear Jerker: The death of Caroline Becker.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: A common complaint on release week. The most common gripes include the lack of a Chaingun, the use of Regenerating Health in single-player and even in multiplayer mode, and how the game's multiplayer was simplified from the much more famous RTCW and its multiplayer spin-off, Enemy Territory.